Movement confirm button

For the love of god, please put a (optional) movement confirm button in. I cant tell you how many times ive made a movement on the wrong guy because i couldnt grip the guy i wanted
SenoiaSurvivor

Comments

• Survivor6Survivor6 Member Posts: 42
    That or a guy moves over by a walker when you were trying to shoot him. Or even worse, you try to shoot a walker behind a fence and open it instead.
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    @jim_james I have suggested this a couple of times too. Totally irks me

@Survivor6 I got the answer to this today. The game gives priority to opening over attacking. So if you go to shoot an enemy on the otherside of a gate, it will always open the gate. I'll tag you in the explanation.

• AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    "Practice makes perfect"

misfit44
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    We do see your problem with the gestures in combat.

We feel a confirmation step would be the wrong solution. Instead, we've looked at what are the frustrating mistakes you are likely to do (moving next to a walker instead of attacking, most often), and thought about how to make those happen less.

The next update brings an improvement to this. Interested to see how you like it!
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    @OldGoth im interested to see what it is , i and many ppl have suggested a confirmation button but any solution would be nice. I think most ppl who say its not a problem or say be more careful are ppl who are playing on bigger screens , as someone who only plays on his tiny phone its an issue.
    couldn't you tell us now @OldGoth ? is it auto target when you hover through a walker?

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I don't think a confirm button would work.
    Think about all the moves you make each time, and imagine having to hit a confirm button every time.
    @blynknz im positive everyone is thinking of their move before hand but when youre playing on a small screen (im on a tiny lg tribute 2) if you accidently move your finger a centimeter in the wrong direction you make a wrong move. Im very deliberate with my movement , its always when im taking my finger away to make the move that it happens.
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291

couldn't you tell us now @OldGoth ? is it auto target when you hover through a walker?

I second that wish for clarification! I'm not sure I like the sound of any "we'll change but don't want to tell you yet" promise. Given how long we wait for updates (after something broke) it would have been nice to have a say on the idea before we get it for real. How about releasing it to Outpost first @OldGoth ? We all know you chose to do beta on Android because it offered the opportunity to do frequent lightweight updates, don't we?

BTW @misfit44 and @blynknz : I too think confirmation would throw me off (so I would keep it disabled). Possibly with the exception of "did you really mean to open that gate with 6 AP while the rest of the team is in struggle?" but I guess that's a bit too specific. :smile:

A more convenient alternative would be the "undo" button. But I'm not sure I like that either, would feel a bit silly to ask the walker to take a step back while I try to make it a non-body-shot this time. (not saying that's what the undo would be used for though...)

In another post I'm saying I'm fine with the current movement interface. When dealing with walkers I think it's fine to get slapped for being sloppy. I mean, they already made non-deadly missions what's a wrong move now and then? But that's just an opinion of mine, if they know a way to improve the interface without introducing new problems that's on them.
    @JAG i can honestly see it from both sides , so im fine with out it....buuuuut i would totally be happy with a change to it.
  • jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    I mentioned the option of having a confirm button...would help to have in higher lvl areas and deadlies, where slip ups cost you everything.

In lower lvl areas, its not bad and can deal with it.

Just slipped up with my assault survivor on the gate escape challenge. Had him aimed to mow down a pack of walkers and at the last minute he ended up running between them, got pwned and not only cost me a flawless run but the area as well.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    The issue with undo is it's open to abuse as @JAG mentioned. "Oh, I only got a body shot, UNDO"

It would need to only be valid for a small period of time, and before the movement is complete.
    Sorry, I'm not going to detail how new features will work in separate threads. There's going to be a catch-all topic with the next release's changes and additions.
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    I have thought movement confirmation where the game detects that you are moving into a group of Walkers/enemies - Walkers that are in already in a group not ones that move there after your turn is over.

The undo button - if we went that route -could be for movement only. After an attack is launched its too late. The only abuse to that would be you move around a corner and there are six Walkers that you couldn't see before.

So movement confirmation - confirm before you move - not after you get there and see what's the. I don't see any room for abuse that way. If it was tied to parameters that triggered the confirmation in certain situations, it wouldn't be a nuisance - then the option to disable it.

I can't tell you how many missions I've lost because of one slip up.

• HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @OldGoth why do you guys always insist on being cryptic about changes like this? I bet you guys thought we would love the bruiser and rescued survivor level changes as well... Just give us the details so we can give our feedback. What if you implement it all wrong and it creates a huge backlash?

In most cases, when we know how a feature is going to work, it's already done. The discussion at that point won't help, because it's far too late to change anything. It's better to get it into your hands and see how you like it.

Both the bruiser no longer stunning on body shots and "rescued survivor level" changes were bug fixes. Nothing to discuss there. We should've realized how big deals they were to many of you guys, and we didn't, which is why they were not communicated, and for that I'm sorry. I personally reviewed the rescued survivor level fix, and thought it wasn't important to communicate, even despite playing the game a lot myself. Lesson learned. We are really striving to do better in the future.
    shAd
  • PhilJPhilJ Member Posts: 98
    The problem is the camera angle change and auto centre, we need to be able to switch this off.
    Sometimes although this seems to of reduced lately, my survivor is wanting to head to exit automatically it seems to be a preemptive coward move, could just be related to camera moving not shore.

Those with fat fingers need to take there time or seek medical advice.
    The simple solution for this is "stylus"! NG please give us all stylus so we can play better.. ;)

• The simple solution for this is "stylus"! NG please give us all stylus so we can play better.. ;)

Stylus support would be amazing, i play on a note pro and a note edge, it would be nice to see more of the game or screen while doing moves and attacks, can you look into this @eetu please

NO CONFIRMATION BUTTON, SLIDE FINGER HERE TO HERE THEN PUSH BUTTON TO SAY YES I MEANT TO DO WHAT I JUST MEANT TO DO, NO THANK YOU, THATS LIKE ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE THAT WHEN YOU HAD TO ACCESS A MENU TO SAY YOU WANT TO DELETE THAT, AGAIN, NOPE

• jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    Since writing this post, ive had a bunch of other incidents where im aiming and when i release to attack, my guy ends up running towards the walkers and ill get mauled.

Very frustrating
  • The simple solution for this is "stylus"! NG please give us all stylus so we can play better.. ;)

Damn, why didn't I think of that
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    I play on my iPad and phone...yeah it's a little more difficult on the smaller screen....which is why I use a stylus....always :)
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    i8azmbe said:

The simple solution for this is "stylus"! NG please give us all stylus so we can play better.. ;)

Stylus support would be amazing, i play on a note pro and a note edge, it would be nice to see more of the game or screen while doing moves and attacks, can you look into this @eetu please
    I tried this, and seems like you can interact with the 3d world with a stylus - move the camera, attack etc - but none of the GUI elements respond to it. This is not what I would have expected :) I'll take a quick look if it happens to be something simple.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited February 2016
    NVM... I give up.

This discussion has been closed.