Morgan help

I'm debating whether to use my radios on the current double morgan event so could use some advice. Are there missions where he is really beneficial? I've read some people love him and others hate him so I'm wondering it its worth it, thanks!

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,202
    A lot of things can be useful and helpful if traits trigger. Morgan is no different. Is he a must have? No... Can he be useful in the perfect storm? Yes...

Personally I lucked out and got a 512 Morgan call.... I was able to get him to legendary and then put lower end badges on him and yes in some cases he helped me get 1 star, but that was because everyone else was hurt.

So IMO if you can make him Legendary or if he is and close to pink sure why not, but if you need 1k+ tokens then I wouldn't mess with him
  • Andy_bAndy_b Member Posts: 90
    @Deadheads Morgan is extremelly useful on certain maps and certain difficultys.his leader trait has made the difference for me on many occasions, Of course sasha etc will be used alot more but if you ask any end level high scoring player im pretty sure they would agree. I would say that if you are going for the long haul and want to be a very competetive high scorer he is a must, This is my perssonal opionion so hope people dont shoot me down in flames. also im a shit speller :smile:
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Morgan is useful if you use melee teams...the radio call with double tokens is more useful...the radio call is the bargain you just need to decide how many you want to spend and that goes for every double token radio call.
  • Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108
    Morgan's trait imo is a good 'last resort' trait if you are using melee survivors. However, if you want to invest in a hero bruiser, I think Eugene is the better option as his trait can allow you to dodge any level walker if you have the dodge trait.

It's all personal preference in the end.
    anthony172jimmorrison369
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,236
    Can Eugene’s trait let you dodge ANY level walker? I thought after a certain level, walkers were guaranteed to hit you. Dodge only helps reduce the chance of critical attacks when walkers are a certain level higher than your survivors.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Starr621
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    You can’t dodge critical attacks.
    Eugenes trait gives you the chance, that you don’t take a critical attack.
    So yes, if Eugenes trait is activated you can dodge attacks from any walker level.
    Starr621jimmorrison369
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Wait, Eugene’s trait helps you dodge?? I thought it was just stun resistance and avoid crit attacks? Have I somehow been completely in the dark on something here??
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @DBones it doesn’t directly help you dodge. It can help passiv.
    If you get a critical hit, dodge turns the critical hit into a normal one, so no dodging possible.
    If Eugene’s trait triggers, the critical hit is turned into a normal one, the normal hit you can dodge.
    DBonesanthony172
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Interesting. I knew how dodge affected critical hits, but I had no idea Eugene's trait could double down on that and effectively help you dodge a critical hit. Good to know. Maybe the mullet is good for something after all! Thanks, @David_H79!
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    David_H79
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    edited May 2018
    David_H79 said:

If Eugene’s trait triggers, the critical hit is turned into a normal one, the normal hit you can dodge.

Instead of Eugene, you can also use an armor with the Hazard Suit trait.
    David_H79DBones
  • Mgoff54Mgoff54 Member Posts: 145
    I Have spent Radios in the past for like Rick or Rosita and i have no had good luck but i think it is a waste and save your radio phones for like the hero fest because that is what i started doing ever since the season 8 missions restarted