Give players the ability to choose how many normal walkers to place (minimum 6)

As I progress through the Outpost leaderboards one thing really bothers me (and it's of no fault to any other players). I wish I had the ability to set my outpost defense to the minimum 6 required. Other players, whether through strategy or sheer lack of wanting to spend any TG's upgrading their walker pit, have the advantage of having the minimum 6.

I raid with Rosita and 2 shooters. I need 7 walkers to charge all 3 players. I cannot do this when other outposts I'm facing only have the minimum 6. I'm glad they have the ability to set that (because they haven't purchased/upgraded any).

I would like to be able to set the minimum 6 to give my defense a better advantage. If I can't charge all 3 of my survivors because another player hasn't spent any TG's on their walker pit shouldn't I be able to make it so others can't charge all 3 of their survivors especially because I did upgrade my walker pit?

I feel like because I invested in something in this game I'm at a dis advantage. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'

Give players the ability to choose how many normal walkers to place (minimum 6) 21 votes

Players should have the option to choose at minimum 6 walkers in their outpost
52%
psychwolfShut_UpTheCrabJadenDLichCaptainslayerevilightsAmBushBrassBDrunkenmsapaev 11 votes
Sorry DLich I have to disagree... You wasted TG now you pay the price!
42%
Dodkongdeb1hdekimhclewbigbeanoanthony172RealClareBFirekidDanski_46Starr621 9 votes
What is an outpost or walker pit?
4%
CBgaming1969 1 vote
bigbeanoDavid_H79KillersZMattOfEarth

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I just merely want the option to lower the quantity (I understand I can't undo quality ie. level of walkers).

It's a nuisance sometimes.

Otherwise just make the minimum number of walkers 9 this way it's ensuring everyone gets one.

At least when this bazooka comes along, I'll only need to worry about 6 charge points max.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    Unfortunately the defending walkers is still an issue in outpost.
    If the defender invests in his defense, the attacker has the advantage:
    1. more XP from more and higher level walkers
    2. more TGs from better defended outpost
    3. the possibility to collect enough charge points

And to be honest here, I say thank you to everyone who defends with the max walker capabilities. It doesn't help with defense, but gives me many goodies for just two gas.

I stopped upgrading my walkers at level 19 a while ago and if it were possible, I also would only place six of them.
    DLichmsapaev
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 902
    Sorry DLich I have to disagree... You wasted TG now you pay the price!
    I like people who spent all their tg so I could have more, so thoughtful.
    SCBMAbigbeano1Rismsapaev
  • KillersZKillersZ Member Posts: 109
    Change your strategy. It's easier to make this happen than the NG look at the outpost.

SCBMA
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,357
    I say get rid of out post all together and then you could increase bundle sales cause TG would be that much rarer!

I always wondered tho why I couldn't decrease the walkers in my pit.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    Dodkong said:

I think it's more enjoyable to kill those cheapskate who only have the minimum walkers and show them that their tactic makes no difference in the end.

No tactic involved on my part. I don't know how many walkers I have, 6 probably... maybe more since I remember I got an armored in the beginning...

There are 2 reasons for me not upgrading and they are both related:
    1. I hate raiding. It's repetetive and boring to me personally. I only do it if I absolutely need the TG for something.
    2. I don't have the funds to upgrade - just too expensive. Since I don't really raid, TG are hard to get. And when I would finally be ready to maybe invest some TG in the walkers, there is a council upgrade and I need new gear... and then I realize that I still don't care about outposts and only play them if I need to... and I don't need to upgrade my walkers or get more of them.

I am pretty sure that even though I don't block my level 17 or so survivors (or some under-equipped Rick or whoever) are easy enough to kill even if you can only charge two of your survivors.

And since it does never seem to matter, well... go ahead and have fun killing my "defenders" (that will probably only scratch you by accident if you are not careful ;) ).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MattOfEarth
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Every player would just set there Outpost to a single walker thus denying opponents XP as well as powerups.

:grey_question:
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

DLich
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I have 6 level 4 walkers and 1 level 4 armor. Tg's ran low so stopped to buy tokens...then I figured out I had wasted those most precious tg's on promoting or capturing and stopped. I do wish i had those tg's back. I do have enough for a careful player to charge. If i could place the amount I would really want it would be zero and i would hehe...snort...hehehe just thinking about the poor sucker that got matched to me.

But, on the bright side I truly love the max outpost raids and if they crate block that's double the love for them. It's a nice cheap scavenger mission.

I just had to pick the 3rd poll option. It was to good for a sarcastic a like me to not!!!
  • ninewalkersninewalkers Member Posts: 80
    I'd rather see the "reset" feature elminated. If i end the event at 5600 points why should i lose 400 of them due to some ignorant reset back to 5200?
    I dont worry too much about walker kills to charge my teams. I can charge team members during the last few turns of the raid if needed. If not....i either lose the raid or grab tg and split. Because i never get much past 5000 points due to the ignorant reset.....i focus primarily on stealing trade goods.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Ps...I hate outpost raiding it's way to grindy...that being said Monday and Tuesday were awesomeness!!!
    Danski_46
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065

Every player would just set there Outpost to a single walker thus denying opponents XP as well as powerups.

Isn't the suggestion "select how many you want but the minimum is 6"? So you can have 6, 7, 8 and so on... but not only 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5...?
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Jaden said:

Isn't the suggestion "select how many you want but the minimum is 6"? So you can have 6, 7, 8 and so on... but not only 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5...?
    Yep, read that when it first came up, my point is if someone requests a reset to 6, eventually someone will request it can be set to 5 thus even with three bruisers or shooters, you could not charge them all.

Down the road someone will ask for 4. It's a snowball. If NG makes changes to satisfy everyone equally, it will degrade. I am not saying ( @DLich 's idea is bad or trying to argue against him I hold way too much respect for what he has provided to the community ), I am saying instead of resetting to lowest common denominator go for balance.

I'd be much more happy if they somehow set it so the opposition/matching were made to be more equal. Taking it along the same theme as OP if you have 16 defenders you will be matched with a ranking opponent of equal or similar settings. So those who only have the minimum of 6 can only face those who have say 6-10 which denies them them ability to rake in more than they themselves have on the table.

Along with that balancing act, why (using myself as an example) are the matchups so skewed? I have lvl 20 peeps and regularly face level 26 tanks, armored, and walkers. I have to flee so often I am not collecting TG's nor can I increase prestige. People say "You maxed out on the Challenge? Great, do Outpost Raids!", well that's near impossible now, so all I have left is Scavenger. That sure is exciting.

Sorry, I'm ranting. @DLich, I'm currently medicated fairly heavily and this is making sense to me, if it seems nonsensical to you, I will happily remove.
    This is your thread after all.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

SCBMAanthony172
  • svhortysvhorty Member Posts: 19
    If I had to do it again I would not upgrade my walker pit. That being said i do like to use it for farming. I find it is way less of a grind then scavenging. Each mission is at least somewhat different.
    DLich