Class tokens in TG trade shop not balanced

I´ve noticed for some time, that the class tokens in the trade shop are not balanced.

40 scout tokens for example are very rarely offered.

Why?

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,018
    I'm fairly sure like many things in this game it's governed by RNG therefore completely random
    Boukephalos
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I get 40 scout token buying opportunities all the time. Seems that everything comes up about the same amount except hunter at a slightly less percentage than the other 5 classes.
  • UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 203
    Shut_Up said:

I get 40 scout token buying opportunities all the time. Seems that everything comes up about the same amount except hunter at a slightly less percentage than the other 5 classes.

I have range tokens most of the time. Bruiser and warrior as well, but missing scout tokens. I´m in need for 100 scout tokens since 3 days and they won´t appear in my tradegood store.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited May 2018
    Ohhhhhh it's only the last 3 days. Reading the first post it sounded to me like you meant over a longer period of time you get scout tokens at a much lower percentage than the other classes. 3 days without the 40 scout token purchase doesn't seem impossible at all. I bet you will get the option soon enough.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    TLDR - there's a 33% chance of scout showing up if there is true RNG

There are 6 types of tokens that can show up.

Bruiser, Shooter, Hunter, Scout, Assault, Warrior

Assuming order doesn't matter there are 15 possibilities
    --- This can be determined by (6 x 5) / 2 (6 possible spots in 1st; 5 possible spots in 2nd; order doesn't matter so divide by 2)

Bruiser - Shooter
    Bruiser - Hunter
    Bruiser - Warrior
    Bruiser - Scout
    Bruiser - Assault
    Shooter - Hunter
    Shooter - Warrior
    Shooter - Scout
    Shooter - Assault
    Hunter - Warrior
    Hunter - Scout
    Hunter - Assault
    Warrior - Scout
    Warrior - Assault
    Scout - Assault

If it's completely random (generated by RNG) then there is a 1/6 chance it'll be in the 1st spot and a 1/5 chance it'll be in the 2nd spot. This is a 1/30 chance that 2 appear together in order (ex bruiser & shooter). We divide by 2 because bruiser & shooter is the same as shooter & bruiser

Anyway so the odds of scout appearing in any combination is 33% (1/3 chance).

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Shut_Upromeopaintbeast
    Shut_Up said:

Ohhhhhh it's only the last 3 days.

Yes, but I remember same from another time where I was in need for scout tokens.

But anyway, if there are 3 days without the 40 scout tokens, something is looking still unbalanced.
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I actually tend to agree with @Undertaker on this. Based on my experience, I do not think the 40-token offerings are balanced. For the past year or so, I have focused on one class at a time, buying the 40-token crates for that particular class every time they're offered until I have enough to promote the particular survivor I'm working on. I then move to a survivor of another class, doing the same thing. To get to 8 stars, it obviously takes a long-ass time, so the sample size is pretty good. It unquestionably took me longer to get my best scout to 8 stars than it took me for any other class. Now, I'm not naive - of course, I accept the possibility that I just had really bad luck over the course of the month and a half to two months it took me to get that scout promoted, but I still notice a difference. Right now, I'm working on warrior class, and I'm getting warrior tokens up the wazoo in the 40-token offerings, at least twice a day on average over the past 2 weeks (which, btw, I am definitely not complaining - my new bad-ass warrior is almost ready to get his promotion to 7-stars, and I am thrilled about that because I can't wait to use him :) ). Again, it "could" just be luck of the draw, but I don't know. I tend to think some classes are offered more frequently than others. This is all obviously just anecdotal evidence, and I would definitely be interested to see a real mathematical study on it, but I'm definitely not interested enough to keep tabs on it, so I'll leave that to someone else.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    UndertakerJenng
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 368
    Dunno why I keep reading 40 tokens when it's 50 tokens 😉
    UndertakerDBonesbigbeanoJenng
    mimica said:

Damn...you´re right. Guess I mixed it up with the 4000 TG ;)
    mimica
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    mimica said:

Ha, nice catch. I knew what he was talking about, so was just repeating what was said without even thinking about it. But yeah, everything I wrote about the "40-token" offerings was meant to refer to the 50-token offerings.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    JenngSCBMAmimica
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263

Shut_Up said:

Ohhhhhh it's only the last 3 days.

But anyway, if there are 3 days without the 40 scout tokens, something is looking still unbalanced.
    It might look unbalanced, but it's probably just random. Sometimes you'll flip a coin and get 20 heads in a row. Doesn't mean the coin is unbalanced.
    Shut_Up
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,295
    Sure about that? ☝

jrodrf2