Does leaving survivors untrained cost you in gear drops?

Most of my survivors are level 20, a few are 19, one is 18 (heroes I don't use). I'm seeing a real shortage of gear dropping at 20 or 21. Challenge missions regularly drop level 23 and 24 gear, which I may benefit from one day, but I see very little if anything at level 20 turning up - frustrating as I try to upgrade my toons to the best gear while I wait to reach level 59 and upgrade my council/training-ground again. To make things worse, silver boxes sometimes give me level 18 or 19 gear.

If I upgrade the few 18/19 heroes to 20, will I start seeing more level 20 gear drops? If not, what's the best way to get level 20 drops (other than the really expensive and often disappointing Trade Goods purchases)?

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    No.
    The gear after missions depends on the difficulty of the mission regardless of your survivors.
    The gear in cinema crates, TG shop gold crates and TG shop gear crates depends on your camp level.
    The gear from Gold shop and 12,5 k gear depends on the highest survivor of that class.
    The gear from the Distance depends on the level of your highest survivor regardless of the class.

In all this places it doesn’t matter to have many or all survivors at a higher level.
    SCBMAmsapaevKaz
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    To add:
    Unfortunately your best bet are the TG shop purchases.
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    edited May 2018
    Well that sucks. I guess I could go back to normal mode scavenging rather than hard, but I don't need progress to level 59 to be any slower than it currently is.