Armor Traits - Do these Stack?

Specifically looking at the body shot chances between these two traits...

Hazard Suit & Bullet Proof

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
Our page :
https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
bladgier

Comments

• BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    Damn good question.
    bladgier
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Only when ranged.
    bladgier
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Wow, I never thought of this. That bruiser armor would be awesome to use against ranged Freemen, especially if you've already hit 80% DR through badges and iron skin survivor trait.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    jimmorrison369
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,135
    edited May 2018
    The way I understand it is that with this armor you'll have:
    50% chance that ranged attacks will be bodyshot(that's after stack)
    20% chance that meele attack will be a bodyshot.

As far as I'm concerned, neither is luck affected.

That's because piercing isn't hence my conclusion.
    jimmorrison369David_H79
    bladgier said:

As far as I'm concerned, neither is luck affected.

That's because piercing isn't hence my conclusion.

Piercing, bulletproof, hazard suit is all talking about the same trait called "body-shot chance". And that trait is not affected by luck.
    msapaev
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @jimmorrison369 - is it actually stacked, or treated as independent but consecutive rolls despite being same trait aspect? Akin to how a bulletdodge is rolled, then bulletproof chance is rolled independently since we cannot both simultaneously dodge a bullet and absorb a bodyshot from the same shot (separate notion from mechanics of high rsl dodging a ‘Crit’ to mitigate effect of receiving lower damage).
    50% seems high here, in a player-favorable way of course, yet seemingly offbase from NG tradition. Any idea?
    @Movado I agree there is a chance it could be 2 separate instances of body-shot. In that case it would be a 44% chance.

But in general I don't think it does it like that. I suspect it to stack like all other same-traits.
    Luck + luck
    Iron skin + iron skin
    Ruthless + ruthless
    Etc...
    Body-shot + body-shot.

Because even though the conditions are different, the effect is the same. Body-shot.

But yeah, 44% or 50%. Hard to say for sure. especially because we can't be sure about the base body-shot chance.

Best indication would be taking hits from high level walkers with and without both traits.
    MovadoSCBMA
    I'd love a definitive answer on this because if it's true I'm gonna hunt for that armor for a bruiser.
    @crambert_nec . Does it really matter that much? 44% vs 50%?

@Movado
    Bullutproof and bullet-dodge are actually 2 different effects. Body-shot is just body-shot.
    @jimmorrison369 I mean, 50 is better than 44 lol. But actually I think I just posted that before reading your previous comment.
    javajnkie
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited May 2018
    I believe there is more at play here with Bullet Proof and Hazard suit traits against very high level Zombies .. I'm currently waiting for an answer back from NG in another convo , but it seems to me that both traits activating whithers away with higher level enemies
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,162
    edited May 2018
    Appreciate feedback.

The purpose is indeed for use against strong enemy ranged attacks.

In this case when not getting shot isn't an option... Bruiser meat shield is much more effective if I can up the body shot % vs crit %.

What I love most about no council upgrade, is that it gives us time to move beyond the basic necessity gear to niche gear strategies like this one. Like ok, got all my SR/Ruthless gear upgraded, so now let's play with some options :smile:

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    tabernac