Equipment

Wouldn’t it be fairer to get a survivor with equipment that is usable instead of the crap level 1 stuff they have? Resources are expensive to spend and when one comes with decent level and abilities all you get is crap equipment. Most of the time I get a survivor worth keeping it’s a class I don’t have equipment for. I’d spend more to get them if they didn’t start so lame.
Jethro
-Praetorian

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    @Jethro1967 yes it sucks, heroes do unlock with their level equipment. Once you unlock the class you will start to find more gear for that class in crates.

I personally wish all hero's unlocked with their special gear all legendary and that gear leveled up with the heroes. Also wish regular toons came with more useable gear, at least the same level as them.

But don't worry, you will soon have more gear for that class than you can use...

Go heels and happy walker killing!!!
    Danski_46MattOfEarth
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Just wait until you keep getting equipment at the right level but it has crap traits. It will happen over and over and over again. The gold weapons that have 3 good traits that work together get harder and harder to find because they keep adding traits and it increases the possibilities for crap. Then the only place to find weapons with good traits that work together is in your wallet when you break it out to buy them from the trade shop. There will be exceptions here and there like Rosita's rifle but for the most part the good gear is very hard to find without buying it.
    SPC_TORRESpsychwolf
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,973
    Yes that's what makes it amazing when you do get it!
  • Jethro1967Jethro1967 Member Posts: 18
    I’m just sick of getting survivors with level 1 gear. You can’t keep everything you use if you wanna to advance the characters you have without recycling the xp it took to level it up. At least give gear a couple levels lower than them so it can be used when you get it. Took me forever to get a usable item for a warrior when I got one. Now I don’t use warriors because I coped so long without one. I don’t see the benefit of unlocking a class you can’t use till he gets gear. I wanted to use him when he was unlocked, but it took me a couple levels to get even an uncommon weapon I could use him with. Now I use the same team over and over because I can’t see a benifit for the class in the tactics I was forced to adapt to. Why can’t scouts and warriors share gear? They are both blade weapons. Hell even defensive gear should be shareable. They made it too specific for no other reason but for making money. Takes the real story away. A survivor wouldn’t overlook a jacket saying damn wish I was a scout so I could wear this. Better leave it for a scout to find. Ludicrous
    Jethro
    -Praetorian
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263

Why can’t scouts and warriors share gear?

If scouts could have weapons with wide arc, nobody would ever use warriors. There are class-specific weapon traits and class-specific damage ranges. Because classes are different, the weapons are different, the tactics are different.
    They made it too specific for no other reason but for making money.
    NG do want your money but in this case that is not the only reason.

A survivor wouldn’t overlook a jacket saying damn wish I was a scout so I could wear this. Better leave it for a scout to find. Ludicrous
    Ah, you want the game to be more "realistic" (for a zombie show value of reality). You'll be wanting limited ammo for ranged weapons, then.

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

Ah, you want the game to be more "realistic" (for a zombie show value of reality). You'll be wanting limited ammo for ranged weapons, then.

Don't forget the fact blades dull and break, Ammo is scarce so not only would you run out, but you may start with none for that 5.56mm rifle you found, sadly all you have is 308 Ammo.

If you carried enough Ammo for a full auto spray and pray that often, you would need at a minimum a horse drawn cart.

When was the last time you stopped and ate? Sadly you pass out in the middle of a fight from exhaustion and dysentery. Oh and the water you found that you planned to refill your canteens with? That had 9 bodies floating in it, bloated and skin peeling off... How much water purification equipment did you pack?

At night when you log off and shutdown, your camp was raided and you all died because you were not connected and as such, you didn't see the walker come int the camp. Your 'guard' was asleep as well. *poof* all gone.

Expecting realistic situations in a virtual game is a sure fire one way trip.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I do think it would be awesome if certain heroes could use multiple weapons. Not to get confused by this, only certain heroes. Classes should stay stuck with just those classes gear...

Rick- shooter and scout
    Morgan- bruiser and assault
    Carol-scout, shooter and assault
    Just cause...
    Michonne- warrior and hunter and
    Of course Rosita assault and shooter, because she did try to shoot Negan with a pistol in one epic scene!!

Obviously Merle should be able to use his built in knife and move like a scout with his pistol.

Just dreams of my toons...lol
    ShadowaceAz