Thank you NG

I just wanna take a second and thank the folks at NG for the recent events - from increased rewards/0%body shots to increased trade goods/extra offers in trade shop to gold Rush weekend to fallen heroes week. These events have been fun and different from the usual. That shows me that you guys still have plenty up your sleeve and can still surprise us.

I'm of the mindset that people will be much more inclined to complain about something before complimenting a job well done, so I hope that those who are with me will take a second to thank you here as well. Keep up the good work guys!
David_H79ATLAS-Zmack22zivaoliviaSCBMAShadowaceAzDanski_46kamilowatybladgierShannaraWellyLugaDodkongDrUnpleasantsuzequeueKratosDBonesDeathwish19ekimhclewMortmerBill_ZRTMovadoJadenmsrebeccaZetteSlickRickSPC_TORRESTransmuteJundeb1hdTatdJdmKazhuskersoxfanJapes87zbotFirekidMrsScattercushionSlowMobiter370J_LawMadPuppyzeekdogEl_SargehorrormathersPictheldssdlKuduk

Comments

• kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    I don't want to spoil or anything, but it seems like recent quarterly financial summary caused NG to finally start doing something more towards players. Up until know we;ve been just cow they were milking as much as they could. But after quite huge drop of players which caused some financial impact maybe they realized they need to start to listen to us and care bit more.
    Undertaker
  • UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 203
    edited May 2018
    jrodrf2 said:

I'm of the mindset that people will be much more inclined to complain about something before complimenting a job well done, so I hope that those who are with me will take a second to thank you here as well. Keep up the good work guys!

Well, you might forgot, that NG downsized/lowered/decreased/adjusted/balanced nearly everything over the months before.

If you take the water source away from people over some time, every drop is appriciated when they are near to dry out.

Some people don´t even remember, there once was a water source...

J_Law
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,052
    edited May 2018
    @Kaz I think I understand the main "issue" and mentality with receiving "only 15 tokens" and will try to explain this understanding without sounding entitled and unappreciative.

15 tokens is good and it's better than 0. BUT, when you look at what 15 tokens does to unlock Carl, where 500 are needed, it gets a player only 3% closer, whereas if it were 15 Glenn tokens (unlocks with 32? tokens) you are nearly halfway there with the freebie. In addition, Glenn tokens are so common that I often find myself cursing at the game when I get his tokens in my hero token chests, etc. and Carl tokens are so few and far between that players are frustrated that they've had to wait so long to unlock him. Think about being in the desert for 3 days with no water and then it starts to rain for about 5 seconds but then it stops and before you can gather any water to drink all of the water soaks into the ground. Now you understand the frustration on the Carl tokens.

And the calls this week are GREAT. Increased chance to find double tokens is surely appreciated, but I bet many like me have few radios left and aren't willing to spend the money to buy more radios. And if you look at how much it costs in gold to make a call if you don't have any radios it adds up fast. At $1 USD per 100 gold roughly, you'd need to spend $7.50 to have a chance at getting SOME hero tokens, but likely will get 32 class tokens instead. Worth it? I think not.

Furthermore, look at how many tokens are needed to level up a single hero from pink star to double pink for example. You'd need 500 for each of the 5 traits, and then 1000 to promote. That's 3500 tokens. Assuming that the stats are exactly what a player would receive as far as tokens on the Carl call, there is an expected outcome of 14.592 tokens per call on average. That means you'd need to make 3500/14.952 = 234.08 or 234 calls on average to get enough tokens to promote Carl from legendary to pink star. And if you didn't have the 3510 radios (234 calls at 15 radios per call) available to make that many calls, you could certainly purchase them for gold. At 50 gold per 1 radio, you'd only need 175,500 gold or $1755 USD (I SHIT YOU NOT). It's rather astounding when you look at it and realize just how overpriced this stuff is. That is why many players believe that the company could do just a little more. And THAT is why players feel that radio drop rates need to be increased. And THAT is why players "laugh" when they hear things like "we can't do that event or increase drop rates of phones too much because that would break the economy".

I tried my best to be appreciative and not sound ungrateful, but at the same time, this is EXACTLY why NG is hurting and players are leaving. Not to mention that bundles keep getting worse and worse for players with things being altered from previously available bundles just so NG can milk more and more out of it's formerly loyal players.

Look at the math @Kaz The numbers don't lie. Even at 5 gold per phone, it would still take $175.5 USD at that rate to take a SINGLE survivor from pink to double pink. I really do appreciate YOUR help and all you've done so far. On the flip side of that, I wonder if you have ever done the math on these things and if so if you believe that those rates are "fair" and justified...i.e. needing to spend that much to level a survivor.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the prices are for this double token event only. If there were no double tokens, but still the increased chance, the prices above would be doubled as the expected tokens per call would be halved. So a player would need to spend $3500 on a non-event day to find that many tokens on average. Good day.
    Black Labs Matter.
    FirekidKazUndertakerJ_Lawsuzequeue
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @jrodrf2 I thank you for stepping up with this posting thread. I often thank the folks who do the work. Kaz and his team, the support ticket team who we never get to taunt properly, Shteevie and the Dev group. None of them run the place (that I know of) yet they often take the beatings for what is done. I feel I can say with confidence that they do everything they can to make it enjoyable and fair to all.

I often fear I will be found hanging by my toes outside some office building for going against the grain during forum flame moments. I'm glad you stepped up and offered a chance for me to say

I won't go down alone!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

David_H79Kazjrodrf2
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,080
    @PigBenis I disagree, your figures would be right if they didn't actually give us free stuff all the time anyway! Get 20 phones a week free for season missions, free phones in daily quests occasionally, in the trade good shop it's possible to get 10 phone for 3500tg and get at least 2 phones a day from wall walkers. If you want to get your heros double pink etc quicker then yes you can pay ridiculous prices. But compare to other freeimum games there is no premium currency that you cannot get a fair amount of for free.
    PigBenissuzequeueJ_Law
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,056
    I'll comment for the sake of this thread getting some pages 😀

Yeah there's definitely some awesome stuff going on recently and I believe it won't end there.
    KazbigbeanoSlickRick
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,978
    Yes, thanks NG.

Now if we could get a tribute to the living week after this one that would be much appreciated so I can hopefully get Michonne up to 7* :smiley:
    KazSlickRick
    edited May 2018
    Firekid said:

@PigBenis I disagree, your figures would be right if they didn't actually give us free stuff all the time anyway! Get 20 phones a week free for season missions, free phones in daily quests occasionally, in the trade good shop it's possible to get 10 phone for 3500tg and get at least 2 phones a day from wall walkers. If you want to get your heros double pink etc quicker then yes you can pay ridiculous prices. But compare to other freeimum games there is no premium currency that you cannot get a fair amount of for free.

You can disagree all you want, without pointing out any RELEVANT FACTS to disprove what I've said. You are making a moot point by pointing out that they give us free phones. That has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with my point/math.

The numbers DON'T LIE. If you wanted to level a survivor like Carl to double pink from pink and needed all of the 3500 tokens required to do so, you'd have to make approximately 234 calls on average to expect to get the needed 3500 tokens during this week's event. That would cost a person, on average, $1755 USD if they had NO RADIOS (that is one of my main points) which you counter by saying that they give us free phones, and if they opted to use gold to buy radios (which is another one of my main points). The cost would be twice that during a non double event token call. You don't even want to know how much it would cost if there were no event to level Carl from pink to double pink.

It's fine if you aren't very math savvy, but please don't try to dispute the ACTUAL FACTS with "how you feel" as justification for why my math "isn't right".
    Black Labs Matter.
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    I'll hop in too and keep it about the positives. Nicely done with the good stuff lately NG. A few guildmates got to promote Sasha today and another unlocked Carl yesterday (his final hero to unlock), which I'm jazzed about. I didn't have any phones but that's because I spent them on another golden double token hero call, and I'm thrilled to see these come up as often as they have recently--it's not easy to get our heroes to a rarity that we can use them at, and some heroes are worth it.

As much fun as it would be to play Teeming Graveyard with charged bruisers again (and I loved the hell out of that match up), I'm looking forward to playing it with a different buff.
    SlickRickJapes87
    @PigBenis you make it sound like it should be quick and easy to get one of the rarest of the heros from pink to double pink? Yes it would cost lots I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing that it's not any suprise that a freemium game would make it difficult/take time to get rare things quickly without spending lots of money. It's not like this is a new thing with this game. Loads of people haven't even unlocked him and your using pink to double pink as an example.
    We might have to disagree on this one as I feel that 15 tokens is better than none and they have improved an event (even if ever so slightly) rather than "nerfed" the event.
    David_H79DodkongJ_Law
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Just a simple little comment...

I have never ever been offered 10 radios for 3500 tg's. I have bought 5 radios for like 5000 tg's.

@Kaz do players get different trade shop offers like that? If so, what the heck do I need to do to get on that list.

I have known for a long time that at least some players get way better radio calls, after mission crates, challenge reward crates, dailies rewards and challenge mission setups...well at least far more lucky than I have been for the most part...

...but say it ain't soooooo @Kaz not trade shop offers:(*******

Ps...I firmly believe that positive and negative feedback is essential and you should always praise when praise is due and RANT when it's warranted!
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    There is no offer for 10 radios @CBgaming1969
    You can get 1 or 2 for free, and it is possible to buy 1 for 600 or 5 for 3000 once in awhile.
    Kaz
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,320
    @Kaz

After the event, some people had changed their minds and most of them were okay with the fact that the changes were needed in order to make the event more frequent.

That statement made me laugh... You would have to run the event at least 8+ times to make it beneficial and given the track record I doubt that happens. The old format was ran 3-4x a year. I highly doubt NG does it in fact I bet this new format gets ran maybe 5x... But I favorite this threads link to review EOY
    PigBenisUndertaker
    Firekid said:

@PigBenis you make it sound like it should be quick and easy to get one of the rarest of the heros from pink to double pink? Yes it would cost lots I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing that it's not any suprise that a freemium game would make it difficult/take time to get rare things quickly without spending lots of money. It's not like this is a new thing with this game. Loads of people haven't even unlocked him and your using pink to double pink as an example.

We might have to disagree on this one as I feel that 15 tokens is better than none and they have improved an event (even if ever so slightly) rather than "nerfed" the event.

I'm not saying that it should be quick, nor easy to get one of the rarest heroes from pink to double pink. I'm saying that to get ANY hero featured this week from pink to double pink, you will have the same cost applied. I used Carl as an example because he is the first hero featured this week, and it was the first one to receive complaints about the amount of tokens being so few. I used pink to double pink because I believe most players that have been around for any appreciable amount of time are ready to do pink to double pink on a some of their heroes that might be featured this week.

Regardless, it doesn't change the RIDICULOUS COST associated with upgrading a survivor whether it's Glenn, Carl, Sasha, etc. this week if a player has no phones and opts to use gold to do so. I'm trying to point out to the developers what is so OBVIOUS to many that have common sense. Their pricing is LUDICROUS. Even my example of cutting their pricing to a TENTH of what it is currently means that to upgrade ONE HERO from pink to double pink would require a player to spend THREE TIMES the amount of money that they would need to spend to buy a new release FULL GAME on PS4 or XBONE for example. Their pricing is driving players away in masses because they have no common sense and no clue when it comes to marketing/pricing appropriately.

As I've said before, if I had 100 gallons of milk and priced them at $20 per gallon, I might sell 2 because someone NEEDS them. And if I priced the 100 gallons at $1 per gallon I'd sell all 100. What is more to me as a business at the end of the day, $40 or $100? To me it makes more sense to get MORE players into the habit of spending a little money than it does to have a few select individuals spending lots. NG would have more money at the end of the day if they priced their infinitely replenishable goods REASONABLY. Radio should be 20/$1/100 gold. That still makes the cost of unlocking Carl (getting 500 tokens from his better chances call) over $25 on an event with double tokens and over $50 without the double applied.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Undertaker
    @PigBenis

I spent over 500 to get Abraham to double pink for Legendary and Sasha to pink in one double token events.

So I paid a great deal to do it then basically stopped playing shortly after. This past challenge I got 9 stars! The price associated to get what you want is extreme, but in some fairness they do have to give players something to strive for. They Hero pool is very diluted and that's why they keep running the most used survivors in these double token events. They realize not many give a shit about someone like Eugene, in fact most heros are worthless or have little value. We all know what Sasha/Abe offer that's why we see them the most.

But NG had a successful bundle concept for most of the time I played(15 months or so) 1k gold/50Radios/ 2k TG for 9.99 that was a solid price point and worth wild to buy. Then during first double token event you got same bundle but added 25 hero tokens making it that much sweeter. That's when I started spending heavily on the game. It was like wow too great of an event to pass up. Looking back my 500 spent on the second event would have been more worth wild as they skewed the bundles more in their favor oppose to just letting us have something worth wild.
    PigBenisJapes87J_Law
    LOL you with your "worth wild" again?

I agree that it's extreme pricing and they have to get players something to strive for, but there needs to be a happy medium so to speak and not extremely tilted to the overpriced side because players WILL leave. If it remains that way and more players like you that have spent a considerable amount of money on the game leave, then there goes their income of money. And that proves my point about a few spending lots and it being better to have more players spending less. That way there is a continual and steady stream of money.
    Black Labs Matter.
    > @David_H79 said:
    > There is no offer for 10 radios @CBgaming1969
    > You can get 1 or 2 for free, and it is possible to buy 1 for 600 or 5 for 3000 once in awhile.

I didn't think so...someone up top said they got it, so I just had to ask,)
    David_H79
    Sorry it was a fluke but got 1 free and 4 in an gold crate for 500tg and the 5phones for 3000 so 10 phones for 3500TG. Was pretty sweet!
    @PigBenis if they made the price point to get a single hero to double pink for $50 then the big spenders like drunken spending 500 would get all the heros to 10 pink in minutes and then they'd all complain there is nothing to do or reach for get bored and leave. Yes there needs to be a happy medium but using a thread praising NG to make comments repeated in hundereds of threads on these forums pretty much word for word in some instances needs to stop.
    Thank you NG for the last few weeks keep it up!
    DodkongSCBMAjrodrf2
    edited May 2018
    That's okay @Firekid you just made me cry a little....
    @Firekid Not sure if you are even reading of just have bad comprehension, or if you are making up a scenario of your own. You are arguing points that I didn't even make. I NEVER proposed going from pink to double pink for $50.

First, I said it would cost $50 on a non doubled token (but increased chances of 15%) call week to expect an average of 500 tokens. That is enough to unlock Carl, assuming a player starts with 0 tokens. You'd then need to get all 5 traits upgraded at 250 tokens (1250) and then promote for an additional 500 tokens to pink star level. That would cost an expected Additional $175 to do and then to go from pink to double pink would be 5 traits at 500 each plus 1000 so 3500 total. That would require an additional $350.

So to go from having no Carl tokens to having him at double pink would cost someone (on average) $575 on the better chances but not doubled tokens call. Would you pay that? I know I wouldn't. I wouldn't even pay 1/10 of that. Not because I'm cheap, but because I have common sense. I'm not going to reward a company with my money for defecating on their customers. NG has their pricing so F'ed that they price stuff on what they believe it's worth, rather than what a person is willing to pay.

I'd think about spending $1 per 20 phones but that still means that it would cost someone at that rate on a better chances (15%) call with tokens NOW DOUBLED, an expected $113+ to get Carl from 0 tokens to ONLY a single pink star. Overpriced much? After thinking about it, I wouldn't even pay 1/10 of THAT. He is a virtual character that is barely used. The numbers don't lie. NG needs to figure out what players would be willing to pay to have a player like Carl unlocked. Then they need to change their call % to increase finding hero tokens and to lower costs of radios SEVERELY.
    Black Labs Matter.
    @Firekid

PigBenis responded to a developer who happened to take course of topic instead of saying Thank you for the positive feedback they decided to go further discussing current event which lead to the rebuttal from a player. He isn't wrong in his posting and you touched on it with a happy medium, which I don't think there is a happy medium. I was a big spender to get into a top 3 guild and I accomplished that and then quickly lost interest in game when they decided to jack up prices while lowering what was received in bundles. Price goes up but product became less. This is a non real world game and typically in game purchases don't inflate, I do believe NG has learned from that mistake as bundles have gotten better, but they alienated themselves from their consumer base that did spend. Had NG not jacked up bundle prices I would have instant built everything and still might play more than a map here or there out of boredom when I am dropping a deuce.

But see I drifted off topic its easy to do so I revert back had @kaz not said anything other than thank you for the kind words then @PigBenis would have nothing to say. Therefore you or myself wouldn't have even posted about it here.
    PigBenis
    @Firekid

Further more above stated above it shows how out of touch NG Developers are with gamers in general.... Kaz should have known his comments would fuel a rebuttal and further aide in someone commenting or critiquing the current event. So either he knew and did it anyways or he didn't know and proves me point.
    PigBenis
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Just for the record , Kaz isn't a developer. He is NML community guy
    David_H79J_LawJenng