2.11 SNEAK PEEK (part 3) - From our content creators!

Another highly requested feature in the game! :)

@Terminates video:

@ALF4reals video:

@Pain_Walker vídeo:

anthony172TroublemakerSPC_TORRESMystiqueMischaSCBMACBgaming1969DBonesDLichmik81DoTaktristaniztheldssdlSteffy59biter370bigbeanoMattOfEarthTHCrosspradiafroponix

Comments

• anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 674
    AMAZING!!!!
    SCBMADBonesMischaMattOfEarth
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @Pain_Walker mentioned it in his 30 second video but nobody else mentioned it at all..

You can switch the position of your team around without having to add a 4th person? I can swap positions A, B & C without having to bring in a 4th survivor?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    atrainofficial
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,081
    Now this actually peaked my interest and is making me think to return. Heros will actually be useful and fun to use. Sad that NG waits till sales and stock is in tank and show all but announces its end to give the players something they have asked for for years.

But mad Kuddos better late then never
    MattOfEarth
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,171
    Love it! All of these changes make so much sense and make heroes way more viable. One thing people may not realize is that the body shot update actually really helps with token dilution. You can use fewer tokens and get a higher level of performance from a hero. (But please keep those radios and tokens flowing!)

@Kaz one quick question: I'm assuming the hero level boost mechanics also work when TAKING damage from walkers, is that correct? So for example, hero levels will be treated as one higher (reducing chance of critical hits from higher level walkers) just like adding a pink star to a survivor, is that true?

All good news about 2.11 so far, keep up the good work NG (and please don't nerf anything)!
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Mischa
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Love it, love it, love it!!!

But @Kaz , let me be the first to say...

All 3 for all 3!!!

3 4 3!
    3 4 3!
    3 4 3!

All4All!
    All4All!
    All4All!

All for one and one for all!!!

3for3! 3for3! 3for3!

Chant with me all!!!
    MischaDavid_H79
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 936
    @JayZ

I believe the extra level calculated is only for body shots. So only in regards to body shots, it will feel like you have an extra pink star in your pocket.

You will still need to get pinks to increase your traits. But the body shot thing is a pretty huge deal because it doesn't matter what your power or traits are if you body shot your enemies.

This will give players the ability to stretch their limits.. at least 1 extra round in challenges if they usually use a hero boost.

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    SCBMACBgaming1969AnDronchikpradi
    @Pain_Walker at 9 second mark you said “switch move around” then showed a screen shot where it looked like spot A and B were swapped.

• General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @DLich That stays the same. It’s just 2 pictures put next to each other making it look like I swapped michonne and Jesus with the snap of my fingers.

Message was that regardless of how much you move them around leader traits will always be active.
    DLichanthony172
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,083
    DBones said:

Well, I gotta say, I feel super cool today. About a week and a half ago, NG puts out the exact Morgan's staff that I had requested just a couple weeks earlier. Now, today, we hear they're implementing the exact hero bodyshot structure that I suggested about a month and a half ago (although, to be fair, it appears that I was not the first to make the suggestion). https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/34233/heroes-and-body-shots . Could totally be coincidence, but I am going to go ahead and take the credit on both of these, because......well, because my wife doesn't let me take credit for shit, so I'm treating myself to some self-given props :D

Ok, all joking aside, who gives a crap who gets the credit - these are some SWEET improvements, and I am definitely looking forward to finally using some of those benchwarmer heroes!

You were supposed to request the silver lethal, gold lucky and gold wide spread assault rifle, remember? We talked about this! Just use the Quote function and copy/paste.
    DBonesp_herian
    @Pain_Walker thanks for clarifying. I did find it weird that i interpreted that one part the way I did when in your main video and the others main video it wasn't mentioned. Cool video @Pain_Walker @ALF4reals @Terminates

I assume these leader traits will work for outpost defenses too. Raiding should be even more fun now when everyone above 7K has Rosita, Daryl and Dwight as defenders. More likely I'll hit them with a body shot and now they get boosted with their own traits too. Good on offense. Good on defense.

CBgaming1969Governator
  • tristaniztristaniz Member Posts: 59
    It would be even better if NG reconsider some of hero traits, for example Morgan/Negan/Eugene doesn't have "Punish" trait, that so desirable for bruiser class etc ;)
    mimicaaquilaEl_Sarge
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Sorry, @Cronus, totally forgot! I'll post about it first thing tomorrow morning. Thus, we should get that rifle in about two weeks. Oh, and I'll make sure to suggest that it be given for free, too!
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    Cronus
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,712
    That is huge!!!!!! What a move NG! Just to be greedy please let sneak peek 4 be easy gear switching!!!
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    @Shteevie @Kaz

So Heroes will be treated as one level/pinkstar higher for purposes of bodyshot mechanics. OK. But, what if a Hero was already at 10 stars? Is it equivalent to becoming “11 stars” then, or does the design coding auto-cap it at 10-star equivalency since game mechanics don’t allow beyond 10? (If it’s the latter, then what was the point of promoting Heroes to 10 pink?)

Please advise/clarify, Thanks
    SCBMApradiGovernator
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 242
    This change is excellent NG! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Because 5 pink stars are prettier than 4 pink stars do!!!
    Does leader trait work for entire team? Or does only spot 1 work for entire team?

So governor in #2 hole wouldn't work as his isn't impacting team but mission?

Or Say Abe in slot 1 and Sasha in slot 2 does Sasha still help Abe?
    Only A position works for whole team...yes this is very sad and shameful!!! Gov only works in leader position and Sasha doesn't help Abe...relationships, I'm I right :#
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,083
    Drunken said:

Does leader trait work for entire team? Or does only spot 1 work for entire team?

Watch Terminates video she explains it well there.
    1RisSCBMAMischa
    Cronus said:

Drunken said:

Watch Terminates video she explains it well there.
    At work or I would, but @CBgaming1969 I think is right, but that does suck because Governor doesn't impact the mission he impacts the crates, so his trait remains useless unless he is lead. @Kaz can you confirm this? Something like that is massively confusing
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    On the first hand this change looks good. Its an logical step of ng. On the other hand what will be the next step of ng maybe in ayear. They will make all traits of all heroes working with each other. So heroes will be overpowered versus normal toons. How many heroe tokens do we get by playing ? How many normal tokens do we get by playing outpost raiding tg ... Its only another way make people buying bundles with heroe tokens. All the normal four or five star toons are getting nerved by this way. Thats the biggest impact for game mechanics since the game started
    mimica