Any chance we can get the cost of Guild Gifts reduced (PLEASE)

@Kaz @Shteevie

I was wondering if there was any possible way to get the gold cost of giving Guild Gifts reduced from say 400 to 200? You would still be able to do special events and reduce the cost to 100 gold per gift

The reason I'm asking is because many of us...especially the vets and old-school players...are still primarily here because of the community and awesome friendships we have made! And many of us like to show our appreciation and gratitude to our friends and guild mates by giving gifts...but this is difficult for many people to do often because of the cost and their need to use gold for other things

During the last event I gave over 100 guild gifts and specifically bought gold for that reason...and I'm sure many others did too...and I don't see how this wouldn't be a win for everybody

Thanks and I hope y'all please consider it :)
You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
marie1980tabernacbigbeanoMystiqueMovadoSCBMAJenngpradimcbkhicksJapes87UndertakermimicaPigBenisJadenmsrebeccapsychwolfZetteDBonessbfJimiFaithcrambert_necbladgierKillersZ

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,242
    99.99 USD for guild rewards :) I might come play for 100 gifts I might get 1 legendary frag and then craft a nice epic
    SlickRickDLichJaden
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Drunken I've made it clear in my guild I'm not responsible for the outcome of said gifts :p
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    JenngJaden
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    I usually get gas. But I also get that from beer so that's ok. At least I can use the in game gas for some good. I usually scare off the ladies with the other...
    Black Labs Matter.
    Danski_46SlickRickbigbeanohuskersoxfan
    Or if guilds could trade/give members things like XP, supplies, equipment, gas, gold? That might make too much sense...and NO, it won't hurt NG's bottom line by players being able to trade within a guild.
    Black Labs Matter.
    DLichSlickRick
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited May 2018
    PigBenis said:

Or if guilds could trade/give members things like XP, supplies, equipment, gas, gold? That might make too much sense...and NO, it won't hurt NG's bottom line by players being able to trade within a guild.

I am lvl 68. I play 1 supply scavenge mission for 5 gas I'll walk away with most likely 30K supplies. Not sure how long it would take a lvl 22 player to get 30K supplies but if I could "trade/give" these things to other players then they don't have to farm... Same goes with XP equipment... I could just "give" these items to other players... Or I could sell them the virtual currency/items for real world money (Yes it's a huge violation of the TOS of the game but who would know right??)

Oh... also I could just make a bunch of mini alts, complete the achievements that give hella gold and then "trade" it to my main account. I could then sell them the virtual currency/items for real world money. Or I could just use it on my main account to rush things... Buy things.. My main account would be awesome with all the free gold that I just farm myself from all these alts... Better than buying it from NG right?

So yes.... trade/gift option would hurt NG's bottom line.

**edited to add... I would love a trade option for TWD NML... But I have played other games that have actually failed because of the ability to trade things. This game is a micro transaction game. If I can buy gas with gold and I can farm gold from mini alts and trade it to my main so that I can avoid buying gold from NG... then that does affect their bottom line. Also my lvl 25 and lvl 26 upgraded weapons... I can just give them to lower level players who can actually use it... Would be great for them (the other player) but bad for NG since no need to buy gas or weapons or need for xp to upgrade it (it's already upgraded).

*second edit... Before NG ever makes any changes they need to assess how the system can be abused. They may make something intended to operate one way and people will find ways around it. Not everyone buys something for the purpose it's intended to be used Tide Pods for example..

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    SlickRickUndertakerDodkongsuzequeue
    @DLich you are not realizing quite a few things of importance. and I didn't say that there wouldn't be restrictions in place.

Let's say you give supplies to someone in your guild. There is a limit on how much you can give them. That limit is their capacity and unless they build something, they can't go over their limit. So for a player to receive the most benefit from receiving supplies/xp they would need to spend GOLD to build faster in order to receive more supplies/xp...this benefits NG. And in order for you and your guild mates to be a continual supply of supplies, XP for lower level players, you guys will need to spend gold or money to get more gas to earn more supplies in XP or else you will all run out and then we are back to square 1 with nobody having supplies but your lower level guild mates are slightly higher in level now because they spent gold to level up. There could also be a limit of 1 million supplies or XP given per player per day, but I think that the more supplies and XP coming in to a player, the more likely they are to spend gold to speed up the queue times.

As far as my gold giving idea within a guild, I imagined more of a click on a recipient's name in the guild list and select "send gold" and you then are sent to the Shop where you had to purchase with a credit card, just as you would for yourself, but could gift someone gold in that regard. I'd be content if that was the only way to gift gold, other than the chance from gold crates. The gold shouldn't come from your personal supply. That avoids the "feeder accounts" that you speak of.

About gifting or trading gear, yes, you could gift items to lower level players, but if they can't use it due to survivor level restrictions, it does them little good unless they can scrap it or hold it until a later date. Yes, you could sell it to people for real world money...just as you could sell your level 68 account. Nothing is stopping you and where there's a seller, there will be a buyer...ALWAYS if the price is right. It's just one of those "unfortunate things". And if you gave it to someone that COULD use it...that benefits the guild and the game. Happier players play longer and spend more money on the game. For example, being frustrated from earning TG's and spending them on a legendary item only to receive shit traits without the ability to re-roll them does not make me, nor countless other players happy. And many players have stopped playing this game for reasons along those lines. I don't know about you, but I believe that someone who is happy and plays this game is FAR more likely to spend money on it than someone that has walked away from it.

If done correctly, NG could MAKE MONEY on implementing a trading system. As I said, there would likely need to be restrictions involved, because you are correct that people will find a way to use the system to their advantage. It doesn't mean that NG shouldn't try though.
    Black Labs Matter.
    SlickRickDLichJapes87
    @Kaz Never heard from you on this...I was just wondering if this was something you guys could consider please

I have a propensity for giving gifts...especially during happy times...and it's super happy times...was hoping to do it at a slightly lower cost preferably :p
    deb1hdJenngbigbeano
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    SlickRick said:

@Kaz Never heard from you on this...I was just wondering if this was something you guys could consider please

I have a propensity for giving gifts...especially during happy times...and it's super happy times...was hoping to do it at a slightly lower cost preferably :p

Hmmm... For now, we don't have plans to change it. Mostly because it's an event that works every time we run it and we would like to keep it like that.

I'll keep this idea in mind though so we can take a look at it in the future again and check if our decision still makes sense!

Thank you for the feedback, SlickRick!
    SlickRickbigbeano
    @Kaz Well bummerz lol...but I appreciate you responding and keeping it on your radar!

Tell the higher-ups I would personally buy more gold if they did this :D
    JenngJapes87Kaz