Class bonus

Is there one this week? Please say yes, these maps will suck really bad without one.
Undertaker

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    There hasn't been anything showing in scavenger which is were you can see if they have a class damage bonus on.

Nothing so far, but I'm sure there will be something extra this week...
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 257
    Last time we played this one they had the rotating bonus. I’d settle for everyone starting fully charged🤷‍♂️
    Especially assault fully charged on 2 of those maps
    andy75
    Usually if they don't have a class bonus on by Monday morning it's been a already charged event...
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 257
    What about when a walker gets a critical hit on us?
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    edited June 2018
    Kaz said:

The "class" bonus this week won't be for a specific class. Starting tomorrow (Wednesday), critical hits will cause more damage (for all classes). We haven't started it yet, because it also affects the Freemen in The Distance. So you cause more damage, but will also receive more damage if a Freemen manage to hit you (with a Critical hit).
    However, on Saturday, this bonus will still be on, so we would like to hear your feedback if you guys enjoy this bonus for the Distance even if it makes the Freemen more lethal.

Hey @Kaz What exactly more damage means? 10,20, 50 100, 1000%? Are you increasing the critical base damage per class? I haven't seen the numbers yet or how are you going to work this out, but seems that 50% damage or pre charges would be way better than that. IMO if you increase critical damage would need to be applied to total damage, and not just base damage class.

This sounds like some "destructive" bonus across all classes.I better start getting pics of my crits today... so I can compare them with tomorrow.

edited June 2018
    Also just to be clear. Walker crit damage isn't increased only human damage (survivors + freemen).
    I personally think this is a bit unfair do to the lvl difference at some point our survivors won't be able to crit on them (just on charge attacks) while they will be able to crit every single time....

Well if piercing + crit chances happens there too... but we won't be doing crits as much as them and the lvl difference and stats is already on their side. IA should be happier than players imo...
    Yes for us, but HECK NO for the freemen !!!!! Don't ya'll think their ninja skills, super health and just their normal more damage is ENOUGH??? @Kaz don't you think???
    UndertakerDeathwish19
    Don't you want to die young to have a beautiful corpse @CBgaming1969 ??
    CBgaming1969romeo
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    easy fix for this would be to turn off body shots vs human enemies

wouldn't be a free for all like a couple of weeks ago, but would make the freemen map somewhat more manageable
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

> @mik81 said:
    > Don't you want to die young to have a beautiful corpse @CBgaming1969 ??

To late for that...lol
    Deathwish19
    Daryl and Carol...
    Sitting in a tree...
    Kaz
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited June 2018
    andy75 said:

What about when a walker gets a critical hit on us?

Those walker critical slaps won't be increased, don't worry. :)
    mik81 said:

I personally think this is a bit unfair do to the lvl difference at some point our survivors won't be able to crit on them (just on charge attacks) while they will be able to crit every single time....

Well if piercing + crit chances happens there too... but we won't be doing crits as much as them and the lvl difference and stats is already on their side. IA should be happier than players imo...

If you compare who's stronger, it could sound unfair indeed. But the Freemen maps are all about how you outsmart them other than using brute force to kill them. But since you have the advantage of the first attack, brute force will be actually an option during this event.

I've tried some maps and it seems the event helps you more than it helps them, and I'm not as good as you guys, so it's definitely possible to beat The Distance still.

So my advice is: always farm charge points before going to the next stage and use some walker baits to see what's your next challenge. :)

And only to clarify, we are not increasing their damage because we like to see you suffer, haha. It's because "human damage" uses the same source, so increasing the critical for your survivors increase it for the human enemies as well. We believe that this will be a fun event that will push you to come up with new strategies. Also it's reaaaally cool to see those massive damage popping up on your screen. :D
    bladgier
    It's hard to get an idea without numbers @Kaz .... but I'm not super concern... although it seems like a bit "meh" bonus for the challenge.... at least compared to 50% damage or pre charged attacks. Sounds like we will overkill every time when using them and we will be praying to Piercing God or Goodness to help us here... Not super "tactical" bonus if you'd ask me.

As I said is hard to compare without numbers, but I'm inclined to think that 50% shooter damage would be better, at least for the challenge.
    SlickRick
    I hope it doesn't nerf Sasha out of this weeks challenge like bodyshots did. It would seem like it would make her teams better, that's if her trait can activate quick enough on a couple of the missions...
    I would not use a crit chance leader over an extra charge points leader..... They issue isn't really the damage output but getting to those full charged points, that's why I'm saying this is a meh week bonus...
    Extra charge point leader not going to help you in the beginning, but will be great at 100% bodyshots...
    except Michonne on some of the missions if your good at using her with some quick charge melee...
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    So this is basically just a "Extra Crit Damage Badge" event?? Yeah I'm majorly stoked :p
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Picpsychwolf
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2018
    > @Kaz said:
    >
    > If you compare who's stronger, it could sound unfair indeed. But the Freemen maps are all about how you outsmart them other than using brute force to kill them. But since you have the advantage of the first attack, brute force will be actually an option during this event.
    >
    > I've tried some maps and it seems the event helps you more than it helps them, and I'm not as good as you guys, so it's definitely possible to beat The Distance still.
    >
    > So my advice is: always farm charge points before going to the next stage and use some walker baits to see what's your next challenge. :)
    >

I don't want to prejudge the event because I like the recent creativity from NG trying to bring something new but I'm not looking forward to battling freeman with increased critical damage. You say beating freeman is about outsmarting them and that's true but also obvious. The thing is we also have to battle the AI cover and some bugs such as revenge helps freeman when they get attacked and freeman movement still seems out of whack. I know NG has tried to balance freeman but they're still overpowered both in health and damage so we may get the first shot but they have many more advantages working for them then against them. They get to lurk in the shadows where we can't see them but they can us and we are stuck on level 24 or lower and they still have unexplained habits that can't always be anticipated because the laws of physics don't seem to always apply to them.

I'm keeping an open mind but it looks like the distance will be a bloodbath.

I do look forward to the extra critical damage in the challenge missions though.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Kaz said:

The "class" bonus this week won't be for a specific class. Starting tomorrow (Wednesday), critical hits will cause more damage (for all classes). We haven't started it yet, because it also affects the Freemen in The Distance. So you cause more damage, but will also receive more damage if a Freemen manage to hit you (with a Critical hit).
    However, on Saturday, this bonus will still be on, so we would like to hear your feedback if you guys enjoy this bonus for the Distance even if it makes the Freemen more lethal.

Was this setup selected due to the "Nation Wars" event that will be going down?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia