Remove Your Turn/Walkers Turn pop-up

ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 483
There are two things that make playing the game actually accident prone:
1. End Turn button on maps where you have to position near it to farm Zs. Not my issue in this post... But seriously, can't you expand the virtual scrolling space a grid square?!
2. The annoying, obvious, redundant, HUGE pop-up that appears every turn shift. Yeah, I get it; been playing for two years; other turn indicators are present (like, my nerds are active and the Zs aren't! Green highlights EVERYWHERE! DUH!). And yet, trying to play quickly, I sometimes have to wait for this newb-nanny to hide to check hit Xs with (for example) a rifle with spread.

Seriously, devs: Do you actually have UX testing data that shows that idiots need these GARGANTUAN BANNERS SCREAMING EVERY TURN CHANGE?
(Yes, that's exactly what my experience has become: Your stupid pop-up blinding me and screaming at me in ALLCAPS.)
You've introduced a very good update with the accelerated animations... and you've ignored one of the biggest delays to play and and the principle potential for misclicks. Just get rid of them. No one needs them, they delay play, and in doing so they obfuscate the play grid. Maybe leave them for the handful of new players, until they're, oh, L5.
Thank you.
Danski_46

Comments

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 960
    Be good to be able to configure the game screen.
    ArtminiusJimiFaith
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 322
    many many many times my survivors are at the bottom of the screen and blocked by that enormous banner stating whose turn it is. that is truly annoying.
    ArtminiusJimiFaithPenguinZomZom
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    While one the topic of minor graphic changes, I'd love to have the survivor card faces a bit smaller. On the iPad they often cover a part of the area I need to see to make a shot.

Example:

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

JimiFaith
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 483
    Agreed. Happens in Android, too.
    BUT! (Getting sick of me saying that in replies to your posts? ;-) )
    I've wished for, but never requested, that those cards show my nerds conditional traits. For example, I used to struggle to remember which nerds would charge or had passive (overwatch) abilities; and so I was inefficient as Hell. Always-active traits, like Luck, I don't care about. But keeping track of my nerds who could interrupt or gain a charge or were vigilant just flabbergasted me.
    Now, of course, all my A- and B-teams are perfectly tuned and I'm used to them. But in the early days, I'm certain that I failed frequently because my situational awareness relied upon my memory.
    So just put tiny icons on those giant pics, for the conditional traits that require conditional activation.
    (And push the entire scrolling, virtual space back at least a grid! For the children!)
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 650
    Maybe I woludn't have asked in that way but I agree... with experience in the game that huge banner is just not necessary... also would be very useful the reminder of traits under the survivor cards...

Regarding the cards blocking a shot @ShadowaceAz ... maybe a button to show/hide cards in the left-bottom corner...?
  • YorkshireSteveYorkshireSteve Member Posts: 141
    I like the banner ...maybe we could have an advert inside it... like for the IMAX or something 😏
    JimiFaithFingerfood