Critical Damage Increased.

2»

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited June 2018
    Not if you die before you get the charge @bladgier !!!!!!!!

An heck no!!!! 100% bodyshots are less charge shots not more!!!

Epic Sasha has a lower percentage of her trait kicking him than a 7 star Sasha does!!!
    PigBenisUndertaker
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    Lower rarity doesn't mean more body shots. Lower survivor level for HER does. It also means lower HP and more easily killed and easier to fail a mission than with a higher level Sasha. Higher star count means an increase as to how often her trait activates, for her and for others. Guaranteed body shots means fewer/no critical hits without Penetration trait or charge attack. Fewer critical hits at higher level means event isn't as effective at higher levels.
    Black Labs Matter.
    CBgaming1969Undertaker
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,956
    edited June 2018
    Yeah ok sure guys, what do I know 👍

@CBgaming1969 said:
    > An heck no!!!! 100% bodyshots are less charge shots not more!!!

This is actually not entirely true.

> @PigBenis said:
    > Lower rarity doesn't mean more body shots.

This is also not true.

Nice talking to you, bye 🖐️
    TJSbigbeanoDodkongkamilowaty
    Happy Walker killing!!!
    Stay safe out there survivor.
    Black Labs Matter.
    > @bladgier said:
    > > @PigBenis said:
    > > Lower rarity doesn't mean more body shots.
    >
    > This is also not true.
    >
    > Nice talking to you, bye 🖐️
    >

Well for those of us that understand math it IS the truth. If math works differently for you than it does the rest of the world, that's great, but I prefer the logical and rational approach with figures and data as evidence to support the truth.

A 4 star Sasha at level 20 will not get more body shots than a 5 star Sasha at level 20. And in fact, the 5 star Sasha should earn charge points faster than the 4 star Sasha at the same level and with the same number of body shots because there is a higher percentage chance of the trait activating.
    Black Labs Matter.
    bladgierCBgaming1969bigbeano
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited June 2018
    PigBenis said:

>
    A 4 star Sasha at level 20 will not get more body shots than a 5 star Sasha at level 20. And in fact, the 5 star Sasha should earn charge points faster than the 4 star Sasha at the same level and with the same number of body shots because there is a higher percentage chance of the trait activating.

This is somewhat true...

Let's take these 2 examples...

4 star Sasha lvl 20 - 29%
    5 star Sasha lvl 20 - 32%

Based on OLT's Wordpress Site

It's hard to compare apples to apples with the term "the same number of body shots" since these 2 survivors won't come across the same number of body shots against the same level opponents.

Let's suppose the following...

Lvl 20 4 star Sasha has a 29% chance of a body shot turning into a charge point... but the 4 star Sasha vs a lvl 24 walker for example will get more body shots compared to a Lvl 20 5 star Sasha because of the number of stars they have.

I am not sure of the exact percentages... But let's assume at +4 there is a 90% chance of body shots with lvl 4 and an 80% chance with lvl 5

Lvl 20 4 star sasha should see out of 1000 attacks, 900 of them will be body shots. If the odds are 29% of those 900 being charged shots thats...
    --- 261 charged point body shots
    --- 639 non charged points body shots
    --- 100 non body shot attacks

Lvl 20 5 star sasha should see out of 1000 attacks, 800 of them will be body shots. If the odds are 32% of those 800 being charged shots thats...
    --- 256 charged point body shots
    --- 544 non charged points body shots
    --- 200 non body shot attacks

So in this example, because of how pink stars effect body shots (specifically notated with the introduction of the piercing trait) It's not entirely true that increasing a pink star will automatically get more charge points on body shots since at lower pink stars the gap between "body shot chance" and "guaranteed body shot" is more.

I hope this makes sense... It makes sense in my head.

*note... At the point in which lvl 5 sasha is 100% guaranteed to get body shots, then and only then will the 5 star have a higher odds of getting a charge point from a body shot due to the fact their both guaranteed 100% body shots and thus 32% is higher than 29%.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    bladgierbigbeano
    @DLich Body Shots are calculated first as I'm sure you are well aware, and they are based on Actual Survivor Level (level of survivor + number of pink stars). A level 20 4 star and level 20 5 star are the same ASL of 20. I haven't seen the data posted so how can you confidently assume to know the percentage chances are any different between a 4 star and 5 star...again, both of the same ASL on which body shots are calculated? Certainly if we are free to make up numbers I could do the same to prove my point but I'd prefer to use the actual figures. There is no proof in your statement that a lower rarity survivor gets more body shots than a higher rarity survivor when you compare apples to apples, in this case being an equal difference between ASL and walker past +5 i.e. comparing a 3 star level 20 Sasha fighting level 27 walkers to a pink star level 22 Sasha fighting level 30 walkers. In both cases it's ASL+7.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,922
    edited June 2018
    Body-shot is only dependend on pink stars and level. 1-5 star should be equal.

Or at least as far as I've ever known.

Edit to clarify:
    1 to 5 star, no decrease in body shots chance.
    6 to 10 Star, for every star there is a decrease in body-shot chance.
    PigBenis
    OT, I loved the critical bonus. One-shoting whole rows of armored high level walkers is amazing. The distance was a lot easier this time around.
    @jimmorrison369 and @DLich I'm not arguing that it wasn't nice in Distance and early challenge rounds just the that as the challenge hit higher difficulties it became awful in my opinion related to the higher difficulty challenge levels.

But, since you 2 are the mathemations on here that I listen to i have a couple of questions ya'll might can answer.

1. Could the extra critical damage boost % be figured out?

2. Was it better than what the increased in critical damage would have been if they would have given every class 50% damage boost.

3. Discount the fact that the boost worked in the Distance and all other missions that normal don't get the benefit of the boost. Because we all know that it's bs that normal weekly damage boost aren't applied to all missions.

Would 50% damage boost applied to all missions have been far better and more helpful at all difficulty levels then the critical damage boost was?

Body-shot is only dependend on pink stars and level. 1-5 star should be equal.

Or at least as far as I've ever known.

So a 1 pink star lvl 20 survivor and a 5 pink star lvl 20 survivor have the same exact chance to get a body shot at +5 RSL? Having pinks makes no difference?

From the 2.11 update notes "Heroes will now be treated as one level higher than normal when determining if their attacks against high-level enemies will result in Body Shots. This additional bonus is added to any that the Hero gains from their Elite [pink] rarity stars. In short, Heroes can now fight in tougher missions and be more effective!"

Is that not an indication that the more pink stars you have the lower the body shot percentage chance? It's hard to determine how a game plays when nobody knows the actual chance of a body shot to begin with.

It was my understanding, other than the increase in atk and health as well as the traits becoming slightly stronger by increasing the number of pink stars; that the difference in pink stars plays a role in body shot calculations.

At the very minimum... In my example above comparing a lvl 4 (epic) sasha to a lvl 5 (legendary non pink star) sasha... There has to be some difference assuming both are the same lvl.

Sasha unlocks as uncommon (meaning she comes with 23% chance a body shot is turned into a charge point)...

So if a lvl 20, uncommon, lvl 2 23% sasha attacks a lvl 24 survivor; their odds of getting a body shot is the same as a lvl 20, legendary, lvl 5 32% sasha?

if 1-5 stars (rank 6-10) makes no difference; then why does rank 2-5 (uncommon to legendary) make a difference? Or does it not matter.

I'm not pretending to make up numbers... I'm pretty sure someone who just unlocked Sasha today, at lvl 20, with uncommon lvl 2 traits puts the same gear and badges on as someone that has a Sasha at lvl 20 with 2 pink stars (lvl 7) that the 2 pink star Sasha will have less body shots (due to her pink star elite status) and therefore less chances for her hero trait to activate.

bladgierjimmorrison369
    edited June 2018
    @DLich I think you misread @jimmorrison369 . He was saying that a 1-5 star Sasha has the same chance of bodyshots and that changes with pink stars and levels. So a 1-5 Sasha will have the same chance of bodyshots against the same level walkers.

We all know for each pink star you increase a level before 100% bodyshots occur, 1pink +6, 2pink +7, etc. and of course the new update will mean a 1pink hero equals +7....

The traits activation % increases every level 1 through 10 stars but bodyshots % doesn't change till the pink star bonus starts.
    DLichbladgierjimmorrison369PigBenis
    edited June 2018
    I did not know that. I just read the help in the game and seems that's the case. For some reason I thought not only pink made a difference in body shots..

Learn something new every day.

*edit to clarify... I know having more pink stars allows you to "go farther" regarding body shots.. I thought, just like everything, as you "progress" your characters they become more effective.

1* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 3 or more levels higher (hero 4)
    2* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 3 or more levels higher (hero 4)
    3* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 3 or more levels higher (hero 4)
    4* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 3 or more levels higher (hero 4)
    5* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 3 or more levels higher (hero 4)
    6* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 4 or more levels higher (hero 5)
    7* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 5 or more levels higher (hero 6)
    8* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 6 or more levels higher (hero 7)
    9* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 7 or more levels higher (hero 8)
    10* survivor = increased chance of body shots when fighting enemies 8 or more levels higher (hero 9)

#TheMoreYouKnow

jimmorrison369PigBenis
    edited June 2018
    I agree 100% @DLich I didn't know for sure either only that it was clear that the small % increase of their traits wasn't the reason to pink star your toons. It was the increased levels before guarantee 100% bodyshots started and that started at 6 stars or 1 pink and up with nothing about common thru legendary talked about B)
  • UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 198
    Kaz said:

So I would like to hear more from other players as well. Of course, not running it ever again it's an option as well.

As you asked for it:

Last challenge I reached 32/1 for the very first time and above 1200 stars. This challenge I wasn´t able to complete 30/1 and had just 1061 stars, because I wasn´t able to pass Road Runner any more. Tried many, many times with different combinations - no chance. At the same time I was able to get 3 stars on 3 other maps.

This challenge su**ed.
    PigBenis
    @DLich thanks for that information.

1. Could the extra critical damage boost % be figured out?

2. Was it better than what the increased in critical damage would have been if they would have given every class 50% damage boost.

3. Would 50% damage boost applied to all missions have been far better and more helpful at all difficulty levels then the critical damage boost was?

1. I didn't painfully record every damage. But my best guess is, it was 50 to 67% boost. Probably 50%.
    2. No. Especially if the percentage would be the same, an equal regular 50% damage boost would be much better since it wouldn't require criticals. And it would still
    work for criticals.
    3. The good thing about it was that It counted for ALL survivor types.

So if I had to pick between 50% damage on only one type of: hunter, shooter, assault, warrior and or scout.
    or 50% more critical damage on ALL survivor types.

Not sure what I'd pick. Would depend on the challenge, survivor type etc...
    I stand by my previous statement. I really liked this type of boost.

And yes, It is a shame the regular boost (almost) never (I think they did it once or twice, not sure) works in the distance.
    bigbeano
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > Body-shot is only dependend on pink stars and level. 1-5 star should be equal.
    >
    > Or at least as far as I've ever known.
    >
    > Edit to clarify:
    > 1 to 5 star, no decrease in body shots chance.
    > 6 to 10 Star, for every star there is a decrease in body-shot chance.

My point exactly.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    Really nice event that I prefer over just a specific class bonus. Hope you bring it back again
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    I have enjoyed event also and please NG do it again someday :)
    I'm glad they added this info with new update...
    ...that being said, I have gotten 2 bodyshots within 2 turns for her on level 26 walkers. So I have always none there is a secret % in bodyshots and is well documented that range toons have x% automatically to have bodyshots below ×5, but melee toons allegedly don't have that. Nice to see info that gives some hint of a guess of a glue for us to use when applying a strategy to win the Walker Apocalypse!!!!
    @CBgaming1969 ranged survivors have a chance to roll a body shot on ANY level of walker. This chance becomes increased at ASL+3 (Actual Survivor Level +3). ASL is calculated as level of survivor + # of pink stars on that survivor.

Melee classes don't experience body shot chances until ASL +3.

ALL classes have GUARANTEED body shots at ASL+5 unless using weapons with the Piercing trait.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Japes87
    I'm well aware of that 🤪🤕🤪