Why can all epic components still result in RARE badges?

Convince me, the player, on how that still makes sense? There's a chance you could get rare, epic and legendary, though most of the time you get rare. Huh. Doesn't sound fishy at all. :)
Deathwish19

Comments

• DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    This is less an issue at Epic component level than Legendary tbh - both in terms of value of materials, and % chance of outcome (which is worse at Legendary).
  • VinsVins Member Posts: 39
    I just started badges as well after reaching level 15, and I am reading the threads to understand what is the logic behind such a strong downwards pull. Using all uncommon for example, its 45 percent common (down a level), 48 percent uncommon (same level) and 7 pecent rare (up a level). I dont want to be dramatic, but something like this can lower my enjoyment of the game, especially considering the amount of grind. Ill keep combing the posts, but has NG or the Devs, explained the logic behind this system?
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    Profit is the answer to the questions
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    biter370
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Huey, Dewey, and Louie Might say there is a method in the grand scheme of things.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

FingerfoodVins
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    Vins said:

I just started badges as well after reaching level 15, and I am reading the threads to understand what is the logic behind such a strong downwards pull. Using all uncommon for example, its 45 percent common (down a level), 48 percent uncommon (same level) and 7 pecent rare (up a level). I dont want to be dramatic, but something like this can lower my enjoyment of the game, especially considering the amount of grind. Ill keep combing the posts, but has NG or the Devs, explained the logic behind this system?

Tbh, I never craft a badge outside crafting weekends now. There's no point when the odds of crap are so high. Until the first crafting weekend I'd never had a Legendary badge from multiple 'all 5* component' attempts and it was pretty demotivating.
    Vins
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526

Tbh, I never craft a badge outside crafting weekends now. There's no point when the odds of crap are so high. Until the first crafting weekend I'd never had a Legendary badge from multiple 'all 5* component' attempts and it was pretty demotivating.

Dont say things like this or they won’t do the improved weekend anymore as they don’t want players to “hoard” in this behavior.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Undertakerbiter370ShadowaceAz
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    I honestly wouldn't care at all about any other badge combination results if they just made legendary badge with components 100% legendary result or added a chance at a super legendary or something .. they are just too hard to get to end up with an Epic Critical Chance Badge
    DBonesVinsPic
  • UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 198
    DLich said:

Dont say things like this or they won’t do the improved weekend anymore as they don’t want players to “hoard” in this behavior.

And why they offer all this special radio calls then? In fact you need tho hoard them to have a benefit from it.
    DLich
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the responses guys. I have played other games that implement similar systems, but not without the downwards pull seen in TWD NML. Eternium is a great example, where all legendary items guarantees a legendary item. You can also recombine items to improve stats and level. That is fun, this is not fun. It is depressing, and yes TWD NML is a business, but I think you will make more money if people are having fun!

I am already strategically timing my actions and using my resources around events. I would add that Next Games knows the exact behavior of each person regarding saving resources, or timing activity, and can predict how people will act. I wouldnt be surprised if some things are even individually targeted, these games are after all using AI to increase addictive properties, coding this in would increase the bottom line. I also dont like the seemingly decreasing returns offers. For example, during hero event, hero packages came with 80 radios, a few weeks later, 60, now 50. Same with the calls, 15 for double tokens is a good call, but last two days, Michone, 14% for 20 radios and today Gabriel 14% for 20 radios... Terrible, though it did suck me in because Michone, Gabriel and Aaron are the last survivors I have yet to acquire. Wonder if tommorrow will be Aaron? I think I will need more will power and patience to get good value and that is not fun. For now I am noting costs / value and trying to outthink the marketing AI, if thats even possible....

I have always felt that things are a bit pricey in this game, and though I lean to FTP, I do like to give money back to the developers since I am receiving entertainment from their hard work and they deserve to get paid. That said, I will not be spending money on components or badges and will cut back on any other expenses unless the deal is good, I dont have a youtube channel with revenue for this purpose like others do. I will pay a few bucks for slots and so forth as that is reasonable. But the priciness and scroogey badge system could ultimately lead to me putting down this game as the grinding is starting to interfere with my life, and it thats not fun......

DLich said:

And why they offer all this special radio calls then? In fact you need tho hoard them to have a benefit from it.
    Welcome to the forums btw. This was spoken by @Shteevie almost 2 years ago as to why we no longer have “ICELS” (before your time on the forums)

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/131246#Comment_131246

Read his answer carefully as it’ll explain exactly why people shouldn’t confess to hoarding fragments and components.

Disagree all you want; it’s the truth!!

edited June 2018

NG doesn’t like players hoarding.

Happened with radios in icels they removed Icels.

Happened with TG’s in the challenge. Now we get less TG’s in the challenge.

If we tell NG we’re hoardinvg components and fragments to use ONLY during the increase chance weekends; they’ll stop doing increases chance weekend...

Notice these are things the game has no limit on the quantity you can carry. XP and supplies if you hoard then you’ll lose out on earning more. TG’s and radios are unlimited quantity carry.

Fragments and components do have a limit yes but most players won’t reach that.

edited June 2018
    Thanks Dlich,

Overall, I have been impressed with the effort and thought put into the events and have enjoyed them. It is good to see different events to encourage players to use radios, TGs, and badge component / fragments. Provide good value and players will spend them, pretty simple. Its not always good value sadly.

Also quite simply, the best way to decrease component hoarding is to fix the badge rarity level chance system to balance it out more. I wonder how many players have lost interest due to this unfair system?

Marketing has too much control!
    DLich
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,388
    This is a bit of a chicken and egg scenario... long before there was a very nice badge event, I hoarded badge fragments and components. This behavior has not changed with the badge events. The standard calculations/results of badge creation give me absolutely no motivation to create common or uncommon badges. I'm also very hesitant to create badges using legendary components/fragments because the current % chance of getting an epic badge is unacceptable to me. I'd rather sit on the components and hope that this calculation is changed at some point than use them and get mostly epic badges as a result.

People didn't start hoarding badges because of badge events. People hoarded badges long before there was a badge event because they didn't think there was enough value in them using their existing components. People love badge events because it provides them with the kind of value they want to see from the badge system. If you don't want people to hoard badge components, then increase the value and incentive for them to use their components. I've been on this soap box since December, 2016:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/169244/#Comment_169244

Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

JadenVinsJapes87DBones
    @Bill_ZRT I agree that players hoarded them prior to the badge event BECAUSE the odds of getting a higher rarity badge are very low. When that event came about it caused alot of players to spend time farming components/fragments as well as finally use the one's that are saved up.

Now players are expecting a badge increase chance weekend and/or badge free swap weekend every so often thus perpetuating the hoarding.

Players hoard because the odds are garbage. Players created badges when those odds were increased. Now players will simply wait until those odds either increase permanently or temporarily (event weekends). I do agree though, we're both arguing for the same point... Make the odds increased... Don't give me a 50/50 chance of epic with all legendary pieces.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* WARNING *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    *-* TERRIBLE ANALOGY COMING *-*

I highly doubt any NG employee would go to work for 2 weeks, wait for payday, and then allow their boss to say "We're going to roll this dice here... If it lands on an even number you get your full pay... but if it lands on an odd number you get half of your pay; Oh and we want you to accept to giving us data on your phone but you'll be rewarded with a keurig coffee machine for the office and an extra 5 minutes added to your lunch"

JadenVinskamilowaty