Enemy Ideas

Trying to keep things organized, I figure there should be a single master thread for this, in particular to decrease idea repetition.

Please either post new ideas for enemies here, or discuss existing ones....

Comments

• RagnarokRagnarok Member Posts: 32
    First of all... Humans! Admittedly I assume fairly standard human enemies with guns are coming, so posting weirder ideas.

The Doppelganger
    Description: A man person who has horded different weapons and such from survivors they've murdered. When they spot other survivors nearby, they imitate the armaments for one of them, to a frightening degree of accuracy.
    Inspiration: Morgan from TWD, and the recurring theme in many games where you get to fight your own character (with different coloration).
    Special Mechanics: (1) When spawned on map, it randomly copies the traits of your team members. Perhaps only doing half damage, to avoid OP deadly missions where your team gets one shotted by a hunter. (2) separate faction to zombies, meaning unlike in say World of Warcraft where different monsters that are natural enemies team up to fight you, zombies and other hostiles are distinct factions which will fight each other.

The Zombie Friend
    Description: A person who has gone off the deep end of sanity, spending so much time with zombies that they regularly have their scent on them. They are by default treat other survivors with indifference, unless they see their friends (the zombies) attacked.
    Inspiration: A merging of new survivor class ideas posted by JRDman, in addition to a 28 Days Later comic that had a crazy hunter living in London among the zombies.
    Special Mechanics: (1) Blind. This enemy does not respond to survivor movements no matter how close, until alerted by them making noise (attacking zombies, or special triggers for something this idiot wants to protect). And/or (2) Grapple attack, they actually don't do damage to survivors, but attempt to pin them in place (mechanically a zero damage stun attack).
    Disabled walkers... People have hurt walkers plenty, and let's face it, not all walkers are made equal. Ideally any of these being a random chance of spawning in place of a normal walker. The following are intended for variety, rather than being the focus of any special levels.

Deaf Walker
    Description: Maybe they were born that way, maybe they attended too many rock concerts, or maybe something happened to them after they died... Either way this walker is hard of hearing.
    Inspiration: Homer Simpson's hearing.
    Special Mechanics: (1) Deaf. This walker does not respond to noises from combat, but solely to the close proximity.

Blind Walker
    Description: This walker has sustained injuries to the eyes (perhaps even displaying with hollows where the eyes should be?). Sadly it does have good hearing, so once it knows you're there, it won't wonder in the wrong direction.
    Inspiration: High School of The Dead.
    Special Mechanics: (1) Blind. This enemy does not respond to survivor movements no matter how close, until alerted by them making noise (attacking zombies, or special triggers). (2) Decreased movement. It does not maintain the normal movement speed of other alerted zombies.

Jawless
    Description: No bites, how dangerous could it be?
    Inspiration: TWD. There's a reason Michonne cut the arms off, Dale died not from a bit, but from the hands.
    Special Mechanics: (1) No critical hits; it can still receive them, but does not inflict them.

Crawler
    Description: Where did the legs go?
    Inspiration:
    Special Mechanics: (1) Silent. This walker casts no shadow on the map (we've all used those to see where hidden walkers are), thus making corners less predictable. (2) Decreased movement. When not fully alerted to survivors, it cannot move.

Bloody Eyed Walker
    Description: This person died of disease, and still carries it.
    Inspiration: TWD.
    Special Mechanics: (1) Auto Injure. If this enemy inflicts any damage at all, it causes an injury (the survivor needs downtime to heal from the sickness, or just time in quarantine). Basically bloody annoying, but a differentiation between dodging and being thick skinned.

Stitches
    Description: Some maniac has stitched together multiple walkers, at least you hope they were already walkers when this was done to them...
    Inspiration: Siamese twins, but able to be more common; plus Frankenstein's Monster.
    Special Mechanics: While it could be just a reskin on the big walker, if it had an arm sticking out the back it could have a neat effect: (1) Rear attack. When this walker strikes in front of itself, its spare rear arm attacks anything in the grid square immediately behind itself; be it your melee team who are trying surround it, or if you're lucky another walker (I admit to being unsure if the rear attack should stun, and if it has a rear attack if it should have stun at all... Heck it could even just stun with that year attack, as it randomly grabs hold of anything back there).
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Wild dogs please
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    Ragnarok
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    SPITTERS.. we dont have a ranged zombies. So why not make one.. Spitters can atk 2 spaces away by spitting something (poison gas, zombie blood, anything poisonous to human). This way, he can avoid the melee survivor's watchover atk. Plus, his spitting atk causes the target to be poisoned. Making the survivor loose hp overtime. The hospital can cure this though, after the mission.

Ragnarok
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    EXPLODERS.. these type of walkers explode when they died. so melee survivors or any survivors that is near the exploders when they died will suffer a certain amount of damage. So better get away from them before you kill them..
    Hershelshead
    edited December 2015
    GRAVE CALLER.. this type is really not a zombie, but a witch. She can call (or rise) 2 or 3 zombies from the earth around him every turn (much like the pile of grave but different). She usually moves away if a survivor get near her but she can only move 2 or 3 spaces away. the only thing she does is either rise zombies from earth or move away from a survivor. either or but cant do both in 1 turn, She also somewhat immune or takes very little damage from ranged weapons. Probably because she cast a spell on her to get immune to bullets.
    RagnarokHershelshead

SPITTERS.. we dont have a ranged zombies. So why not make one.. Spitters can atk 2 spaces away by spitting something (poison gas, zombie blood, anything poisonous to human). This way, he can avoid the melee survivor's watchover atk. Plus, his spitting atk causes the target to be poisoned. Making the survivor loose hp overtime. The hospital can cure this though, after the mission.

I think the ranged attacks would be better handled by human enemies.
    Poppy said:

Wild dogs please

I support this idea. People in first world countries often forget that once a dog turns feral, it's quite dangerous; particularly in packs. There's a reason Iraq spent so much on dog extermination. In an episode of TWD they were faced down by a dangerous pack of these critters (then had dinner).

Depending on if the game can handle a variety of responses, this could become a very interesting enemy. Such as if it operates on guerilla warfare of attacking then in the same round retreating; plus ideally being a special faction which zombies are hostile toward, but is not hostile toward zombies (the dog doesn't want that in its mouth).
    Necroboogie
    aysatyo said:

EXPLODERS.. these type of walkers explode when they died. so melee survivors or any survivors that is near the exploders when they died will suffer a certain amount of damage. So better get away from them before you kill them..

I see potential, but what makes the zombie explode? I could definitely see it working as another way to handle diseased walkers; no immediate damage, but survivors caught within their death radius suffer auto-injury.

aysatyo said:

GRAVE CALLER.. this type is really not a zombie, but a witch. She can call (or rise) 2 or 3 zombies from the earth around him every turn (much like the pile of grave but different). She usually moves away if a survivor get near her but she can only move 2 or 3 spaces away. the only thing she does is either rise zombies from earth or move away from a survivor. either or but cant do both in 1 turn, She also somewhat immune or takes very little damage from ranged weapons. Probably because she cast a spell on her to get immune to bullets.

Mechanically I totally get where you're going with this, but I see no potential to the theme of introducing wizards into TWD. TWD ≠ Plants vs Zombies.
    i know Grave Caller is out of the theme.. or not related to the tv series TWD. its more like related to wight walkers of GoT. Nobody knows where these zombies came from or what makes them what they are. If you die, you turn. So im just assuming that a witch causes or made the first zombie/walker. Its just an assumption and this is just a suggestion.. So its up to the dev what they want to do with it.. thanks for the feedback..
    Ragnarok
  • BryanBatcherBryanBatcher Member Posts: 20
    If we have exploding walkers... please don't make it because there was an oxygen tank on their back. Shooting an oxygen tank will not make it explode. That's not a thing. Neither is shooting propane tanks to make them explode. That's a myth.
  • HershelsheadHershelshead Member Posts: 126
    I would like to see the action of opening a crate, truck or door as a achievement marker toward a lethal use of your weapon. Example, same player opens 3 crates he/she now would have which ever lethal attack the weapon they're carrying has.
  • HershelsheadHershelshead Member Posts: 126
    I think the idea of exploding or spitting walkers is completely off with the show that this game shadows. I will not even respond to the witch idea...oh my god...painful,
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    edited February 2016
    Did you not watch the CDC episode...everyone's infected...infected. Get it. That's where they came from. Now where the virus came from.... Classified obviously ;)
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    ok. thanks for the feedbacks.. Now, if you got any better ideas, let's hear it..

Heh can't give spoilers but there's the other type of zombie probably going to be introduced next season or 2. It would be awesome to introduce them soon...
    Like the idea of some random animals on very few or specific missions. Maybe rogue circus or zoo animals kinda in the vein of I am Legend.
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    Ranged walkers make no sense... they are mindless wandering freaks and their danger comes from their swarming.
    Ranged humans make sense and I'm sure will be coming in the next challenge.

The story of TWD always say the humans are the real danger, and it's true.

They really need to make walkers that are better defended against ranged attack some how, armored walkers don't seemed to be phased by guns like they should be.
    I am so sick of melee getting the shaft on everything.

When humans get into the mix, we can have all kinds of cool stuff... explosions, guns, arrows, traps, cover fire, retreating/defending, actual tactics....
    having walkers do anything but be mindless melee freaks just wouldn't fit into the lore.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    Got a response - but no spoilers....