This update has made regular survivors obsolete

I really do not want to complain, because I actually love this update. But after a while I came to the conclusion that why do I want to run any of my regular survivors? I get three benefits by using Heroes and 0 using my survivors. If anyone could tell me the benefit let me know. Maybe they can introduce a system that allows you to create a leadership buff for regular characters at a lower percentage, or reduction of quality.

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    Mere for an example when not in leader position basically gives him a slightly improved marksman as his leader trait and still has bullet dodge. They are improved but isn't game breaking.
  • BalubanBaluban Member Posts: 44
    By far the worst update. All the time and money we spent to build the perfect survivor.. My 9 * assault can’t even take out lvl 25 walkers anymore.
    suzequeueDrunken
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    No to the original question and I'm not sure how a 9 star Assult is having trouble killing lvl25 walkers. Sounds odd to me.

Anyway, IMO the latest changes have not made non hero survivors obsolete.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    suzequeue
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited June 2018
    I think it has only slightly helped players like me that play more with heroes because we don't have the super pink toons that are really needed to play those very high difficulties.

I can't see where the hero boost disadvantages 3,4 and 5 pinks in anyway.

I'm still only have one 2pink shooter, but am searching for unicorn toons in every class to get and pink up!!

The format change to the challenge hurt me more, because tg's are far more precious and most be saved for the most useful of purposes 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

but if anyone wants to give me their super pinks, please send them my way🤪🤫🤪
    mik81Shannara
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 181
    @ baluban, hmmm... my 8star hunter take out lvl 30 walker... i think its all about the badges.
  • YorkshireSteveYorkshireSteve Member Posts: 144
    At the end of the day this is the apocalypse!!!
    I would rather Daryl have my back than Jim from Farm foods 😂
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,162
    They could augment this further by having more regular class tokens available in the trade store, at higher quantities.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    romeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,000
    edited June 2018
    @Baluban I think saying your 9* assault can't take down a level 25 walker is trolling at it's finest :trollface: I have an epic Governor with a little bit more damage than your assault who can consistently 1-hit level 27/28 walkers.

If you don't have any pink star regular survivors then yes this update has made them a little obsolete until you get them up to 7* and up. One thing to point out is that none of the bruiser heroes have punish and aside from Aaron, none of the hero scouts/shooters/hunters have ruthless. Both traits are game changing at high levels.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    edited June 2018
    @Baluban

I'd have to say that's odd because this is my absolute best survivor for Damage output and I made it to difficulty 28.1 on the challenge. Meaning I had to take down level 26 tanks even not to mention the level 29 walkers.

Odd?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Danski_46
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited June 2018

I really do not want to complain, because I actually love this update. But after a while I came to the conclusion that why do I want to run any of my regular survivors? I get three benefits by using Heroes and 0 using my survivors. If anyone could tell me the benefit let me know. Maybe they can introduce a system that allows you to create a leadership buff for regular characters at a lower percentage, or reduction of quality.

No way. My 8 star hunter rules with his level 27 prison rifle :)
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    Baluban said:

By far the worst update. All the time and money we spent to build the perfect survivor.. My 9 * assault can’t even take out lvl 25 walkers anymore.

Was one of the Walkers by any chance a Texas Ranger? Because then it would make sense.

bigbeanoJadendeb1hdanniesprinkles
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    JayZ said:

This is hardly true. On "Fenced Off" this past challenge, I experimented by using a Sasha-Assault-Bruiser team so that the Bruiser to take hits from the walkers while stuck on the other side of the fence.

That's funny, I cleaned 30.3 Fences the same way
    My best bruiser was on the other side of the fence while my best hunter picked off walkers through the fence
    When it was time time for the bruiser to go to the exit, he plowed his way through the crowd and made it out alive :)

kamilowatyDMP