Problem with advertising videos

Comments

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I had luck with force closing the game, resetting the ID, clearing cache, resetting the ID again (for good measure) and then restarting the game.

But TV ads are erratic - sometimes I get to watch one, then return to camp, then there is nothing and 30 seconds later there is another ad. Aftermission seems to work fine for now but who knows? There is definitely something not working as it should.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    DoTakbigbeanopsychwolfanniesprinkles
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I had major issues with no ads awhile back for over 3 weeks and NG blamed everything on their ad partners. After almost 3 weeks and me about to quit and only sticking with the game for my guildmates and my guild family's intra guild challenge they final started to work by the same tricks that players had told me about. It has been inconsistent since, but NG doesn't care about the ad problems...

Evidently they just don't get that the will lose players over this...because we don't care if it is actually their ad partners fault...we blame them and the next way that they are taking rewards away from us.

Enough ranting...just to be clear I was going quit because of all that after my intra guild was over, but the RPG summer explosion is keeping me here for a wheeeeee bit longer 🤪
    anniesprinklesmudpieFingerfood
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 268
    Jaden said:

I had luck with force closing the game, resetting the ID, clearing cache, resetting the ID again (for good measure) and then restarting the game.

But TV ads are erratic - sometimes I get to watch one, then return to camp, then there is nothing and 30 seconds later there is another ad. Aftermission seems to work fine for now but who knows? There is definitely something not working as it should.

@Jaden I've done all the above you have mentioned like over 10 times now & STILL NO FKN Ads! Never have I thought I would want to watch an ad like I do right now mate. Lmao
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpie
    It's a simple fix if you ask me.

STOP FORCING US TO WATCH TARGETTED ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpiebigbeano
  • mudpiemudpie Member Posts: 60
    Same thing happening with me! Didn't log in to the game until 14 hrs went by figuring ads would start by then, yet still NOTHING!
    Member in Morbid Spirits
    anniesprinkles
    Of course @anniesprinkles there is another discussion post about the same thing on here too...
    anniesprinklesJaden
    @CBgaming1969

I didn't know that. Should I be posting on that one instead?
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

edited June 2018
    @anniesprinkles usually a moderator will merge them. There are other ones and also older ones too. I just want to share so you know it is wide spread...
    anniesprinkles
    edited June 2018
    @Kaz I know NG doesn't care about ad issues. I found that out when I had a 3 week ad problem and it has never been quite right since. But to add with everyone else here and other ad issues discussions here....

Today I am getting a ton of cinema ads, but NO after mission play for 3 free vid offer...

Please pass along players disappointment, frustration and eventual anger over these issues. I played for almost 10 months and could rely on x amount of ads at x amount of intervals. Then things changed and have never been exactly right since...this week even more so...

Please understand the more hidden and unreliable things become the less likely players will continue to play. I think some of this is probably targeted related and some maybe random.

It is very frustrating that it appears that every player doesn't have the same chances at certain things.

Please understand this is NOT an ad partner issue... IT'S A NG ISSUE!! Can I get an agree!!!!

PS...We shouldn't have to do tricks to try and get ads to work correctly 🤕
    mudpieanniesprinklesZette
    edited June 2018
    Also I would have quit the game about 3 weeks ago because of the changes that were made and the previous 3 week ad fiasco once my guild intra challenge finished. The summer token RPG event is why am still here...but I really only play challenges the distance and the bare bones minimum for the dailies versus the super maximum I use to play prior🤕 just a sad tale and pray that the RPG event is actually as good as it sounds🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️
  • mudpiemudpie Member Posts: 60
    > @rudjawol said:
    > For android users:
    > https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/197534#Comment_197534

@rudjawol

I don't know if you bothered reading all the posts on this thread or not. We have ALL tried the information you gave on your link with little or no avail.
    That's why we are here posting our concerns because those fixes are not working for a small percentage of use, while the majority seem to be getting these "quick fixes" to work with more ads to watch then they can remember.
    Not fair to us that these "quick fixes" don't seem to work.
    Member in Morbid Spirits
    anniesprinklesJaden
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

Jumping through hoop to get things to work right all of the time. Smh
    I'm not that spry anymore either :p

What!?! We found your Blog about how well you're doing!

Whatcha mean not "that spy"?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

anniesprinklesCBgaming1969JadenZette
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 372
    I had issues on my phone late last week and tried the fix and it helped some but not 100% fixed. Not a big deal since I only log in a few times a day while at work just to collect resources and store reset. This weekend on tablet everything seemed to run okay till Sunday and I had zero after mission ads. Camp ads was pretty much normal though.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    @Kaz

Everyone here & myself have been waiting to hear some sort of response from you, bull shit or not...something????

I also haven't been reading other threads since this is the spot for GAME ISSUES.

Thank You
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

deb1hd
  • deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    Still no Videos. :(
    anniesprinkles
  • rsenrarsenra Member Posts: 34
    Some people solved this cleaning data cache... I did this and it didnt solve at all. So I uninstalled and installed the game again. Now the videos are just fine.
    rsenra said:

Some people solved this cleaning data cache... I did this and it didnt solve at all. So I uninstalled and installed the game again. Now the videos are just fine.

@rsenra

Tried that OVER ten times and it didn't help at all. Still NO ads for me!
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

@Kaz

Is this just falling apon deaf ears? By NO response from anyone yet are you basically telling the players that are not receiving ads anymore tough luck?

Would really like to hear a response please.

Thank You
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

bigbeano
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,358
    @anniesprinkles have you contacted support? Support is probably the best place to request assistance.

edited June 2018
    zbot said:

@anniesprinkles have you contacted support? Support is probably the best place to request assistance.

@zbot

Yes I did and just got the same old typical NG help response, "Sorry this is happening for you, try deleting cache and stay safe out there survivor". Smh

Johnny "Drama" Chase

bigbeano
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Hello, everyone! I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience with ads.

There are different ad-related issues happening at the moment. Some of the workarounds listed here could work for some issues but not for all of them.

We had to pull off some ad-partners for a while since it seemed that loading some ads were crashing the game. Therefore, it's possible that we are now lacking inventory to show to our players. We are still discussing with our ad partners and preparing an optional update to have those ad-related issues solved.
    Jaden
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    Bug fix

deb1hd
  • SIGSIG Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Also with the bug fixed still the same problem...
    psychwolf
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Installed optional update - Still have problem getting ads. I wonder how much gas, radios, gold, components etc I'm losing.

Nearly 2 hours away. I play a round. Where are my ads? It's not fixed. Same with camp cinema ads.

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    psychwolf
  • rsenrarsenra Member Posts: 34
    Any news about the problem? unfortunately, since the last update my videos got completely broken... A huge drawback.... no ads, no extra gas, no extra money and no anwsers about this...