How is this possible?

DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
I’m having fun updating the weekly guild ranks for challenges. Figured I’d do the same for outposts. Nation Wars has caused me to want to include which global location the igns are from.

In order to view other countries leaderboards (local) I change my location settings and then get the local.

I came across an ign that is simultaneously on Russian leaderboard as well as the United States leaderboard. How can you be on both at the same time?

Thanks to @Gindy there is some good information in this thread created by @Troublemaker

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
PicGindy

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited June 2018
    I've noticed many times. The leader board score is not always correct.

I don't have an answer why but I suspect that when a player changes location not only can the same player show on multiple leader boards but also often shows different scores.

*To add
    There are multiple players on the Australian leader board that are actively playing but their scores don't change week to week. Again, I suspect those players changed location at some stage and have moved again.

Also the player in your post is also on the Australian leader board. :|

I'd have to check to see the score showing.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DLich
    @DLich

Current Australian Leader Board

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    DLichbigbeano
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    @DLich Working as intended no worries buddy.

*I approve this message paid for by the poo bundle experience
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    I want to point out.

I’m not calling anyone a cheater or suggesting anything nefarious is going on.

Logic says you shouldn’t be on 3 different local counties leaderboards. It’s super weird that this happens.

Oh well. It’s a nearly impossible task seeing what country every player is in. It’s even more so when the same player can appear in multiple local leaderboards.

I guess I’ll keave the country of origin out of the mix. I’ll have outpost updated ranking tomorrow afternoon.

TJSPic
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,584
    Probably on VPN
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    mack22msapaev
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    A player appears on the leader board based on the 'Region' defined on his/her device (which can be changed). A player will also appear on the leader board associated with their guild. If memory serves, a guild is associated with the country of the leader who originally created the guild.

Also, and extremely important to keep in mind... after you change your phone's Region and login to the game, if your score made it to top 50 of that country's leader board, it will remain there. This is how your score can show up in multiple local leader board at the same time.

Mystery solved. :wink:
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

_Lily_mik81SCBMAGindy
    Bill_ZRT said:

Also, and extremely important to keep in mind... after you change your phone's Region and login to the game, if your score made it to top 50 of that country's leader board, it will remain there. This is how your score can show up in multiple local leader board at the same time.

Mystery solved. :wink:

So the outpost leader boards, which show there for 2 weeks until the data is updated at the end of each cycle (tonight is the end of cycle 57) can have changes appear to it at anytime?

Theoretically... I could spend the 2 weeks after the previous cycle ended changing my phones location, logging into every country so that I'll appear on every countries local leader board?

My influence was 7252 last cycle. Can someone check on their local leader boards (non usa or russia) if I appear there? If I don't, I'll then login with my phone on those settings to see if I appear there permanently..

What you are saying @Bill_ZRT would mean that anytime any player logged in with another countries settings, they'll bump someone off the local board and will appear there instead... This can all be done after the cycle ended up to 2 weeks later.

• flyingcowkingflyingcowking Member Posts: 409
    @DLich if the leader boards are this inaccurate, you might be wasting your time. =[
    Flatulent person
    DLich
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Yeah once you switch countries you're always on the previous country's board. But the scores aren't always correct on your old board. Very annoying actually.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Bill_ZRTDLich
    DLich said:

What you are saying @Bill_ZRT would mean that anytime any player logged in with another countries settings, they'll bump someone off the local board and will appear there instead... This can all be done after the cycle ended up to 2 weeks later.

I don't know about Outposts, but your original post talked about the Challenge leader board which is what my post was regarding. But to answer your question, yes. If someone like a top 5 global player wanted to change the Region settings on his/her phone and log into the game, he/she would appear on whatever challenge local leader board he/she'd like, kicking someone actually from that region 'off' the leader board.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.

DLich
    edited June 2018
    Whoever Android is has a different global score than their local US score. That’s just strange!!

7142 global
    7122 local US

• GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    @DLich -- took me a minute to find, but I did!

A little Global Leader Board shenanigans, enjoy :dizzy:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/270253/#Comment_270253
    DLich
    @TJS I confirmed Android is also on the Australian leaderboard for challenges.

But they are not on the local leaderboard for outposts.

Nothing makes sense!!

TJS
    Thanks for the link @Gindy

I'll add it to the original post incase anyone reads this thread it wont get lost in the middle.

Gindy
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 380
    It ois also on Polish leaderboard ^^
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited June 2018
    A few months ago I did a world tour. I think this is the closest I got to #1. Strangely enough @Captainslayer seemed to beat me to it in several countries :confounded:

Edit: I know this is for outpost, but the situation is the same for both with the scoreboards.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    GindyDLichCaptainslayer

:D ... :D ... :D
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    I_Am_PsychoGindySCBMACBgaming1969

A few months ago I did a world tour. I think this is the closest I got to #1. Strangely enough @Captainslayer seemed to beat me to it in several countries :confounded:

Yes, you both went on little tours last time this topic came up. :wink:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/272850/#Comment_272850

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/272917/#Comment_272917

edited June 2018
    Android is currently in 100th place global with 7142 influence... This is the same influence they had last cycle. Is it possible they haven't logged in and is why their influence is exactly the same as last cycle? I guess I'll find out tomorrow..

• Ozzy99Ozzy99 Member Posts: 23
    Clearly Android exists on multiple planes of existence
    DLichSCBMA
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    This game surpassed it's own guild chat and leaderboards over a year ago lol .. now it has surpassed it's badge system interface. I would rather see these aspects improved than any new content or season missions next couple of updates
    Dodkongbigbeano