Summer of explosions

Comments

• UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 203
    TJS said:

I have no doubt if you spend plenty of time playing while the summer event is running, complete your daily quests, participate in a guild, play the distance, you'll reach the reward of the Legendary RPG.

Play the distance means what exactly?

I´m a veteran player and never managed to get past level 17 in the distance. If the summer tokens rewards are at level 18 or higher, I won´t be able to catch them.

Thats what I was pointing to.
    TJS said:

@BiggyGuyinTWD

Yes, they have them in guild rewards. :#

I've seen two lots so far. Don't remember how many though. Maybe 8 - 10 each time, something like that.

Last guild reward for my guild was 20.
    TJSromeo
    mik81 said:

It is not capitalism... it is really in nature. Strong survive, weak die, species may not have made it if it was otherwise....

I don´t know your nature, but in my nature the stronger help out the weaker.

I´m financielly weak too, but I always help the more weaker people with some euros, that have to grab for desposit bottles from the trash bins.
    mik81
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501

Play the distance means what exactly?

I´m a veteran player and never managed to get past level 17 in the distance. If the summer tokens rewards are at level 18 or higher, I won´t be able to catch them.

Thats what I was pointing to.

I have no idea like everyone else, we'll just have to wait and see.

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    Never seen a lion helping a gazelle but this is complete out of topic, so I'll stop here. I know what you mean I was referring to something different It's all good
    Undertaker
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,083
    So in a nutshell older players bitched about the pitchfork for Carol because many had her pinked already. Now this event is geared towards higher end players and people who aren't maxed are bitching. @NG GREAT JOB alienating your customer base on both occasions.

In reality the event should be scaled towards a players level. Council level xX below need to earn X amount to get weapon and then the rewards are less, but takes less to earn. Then players Xx council and above have to earn the current amount. Reality is I know I will not earn the weapon but it does appear to be a great weapon and reality is you will get to use it AT MAX 4 months assuming they push the council update on 12-31-18 so reality is you get a cool toy and get maybe 2 months out of it before you have to purchase it. If you haven't noticed this is how NG operates. They don't really care about the crying or whining or making things an even scale either it benefits or it doesn't.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    > @Undertaker said:
    > I have no doubt if you spend plenty of time playing while the summer event is running, complete your daily quests, participate in a guild, play the distance, you'll reach the reward of the Legendary RPG.
    >
    >
    > Play the distance means what exactly?
    >
    > I´m a veteran player and never managed to get past level 17 in the distance. If the summer tokens rewards are at level 18 or higher, I won´t be able to catch them.
    >
    > Thats what I was pointing to.

@Kaz told me it should be like 8 and 16 or something similar but not past 16 in hard distance for the summer tokens. Saturday will tell for sure...but I'm under the impression it will be no later than 16, because 17-21 would really take everybody but the super big dawgs out of it...fingers crossed...
    Undertaker
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 236
    JayZ said:

Mine was 25 tokens by killing 30 with hunter

@ThanosOfTitan Uhh... seriously? My quest is earn 10 tokens by killing 60 with Hunter... What's up with that @Kaz?

Sorry my mistake 10 tokens for 25 hunter kills
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Green Horns
    @JayZ

But technically aren't you losing trade goods and radios because now instead of getting those in guild rewards you are getting summer tokens?
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 357
    edited June 2018
    I am excited about this event and am looking forward to the rewards. I can use every one of them and will appreciate getting them! I really want that RPG just like all of you do.

I love my guild and will not consider changing to another. We have 2 players who get 700+ stars, 4 players who get 500+ stars and 9 players who get varying amounts below that. Everyone does the best they can at the player level they are. My guild mates seriously work hard to get the star count they get.

I mentioned all that to say I hope we are not penalized individually because our guild doesn’t have all maxed out players. This isn’t a wah-wah, pity me comment. I choose to stay where I am and am happy to contribute my 700+ stars. I just hope this event is fair to the players who play hard but do not yet have the same “earning” potential that maxed out players have.
    DrUnpleasantUndertakerDavid_H79
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 566
    edited June 2018
    > @JayZ said:

> Explain how the RPG is tied to so-called "bullshit 'veteran' status".

Your initial point was that you thought high level players who spend should be entitled to more than newer, FTP players. My counterpoint was that no-one should be entitled to better rewards because they've been playing longer or spend more. There are enough rewards for that already.

-------------------------

> In the Challenge, your starting point is scaled to your survivor levels. Our guild has several mid-level players who earn as many or more stars than the end-gamers. These players will get as many or more tokens than the end-gamers in our guild.

You're negating the impact of pink starring, which as I understand it - does not impact starting level of challenge, and both pinking/levels certainly make the Distance easier. Higher level players are certainly more likely to have multiple pinks and therefore should get more stars. That some don't (as in my guild) is probably more a factor of effort or bad choices of gearing/tactics.

-----------------------------

> I would argue that this goes both ways. Sure, new players will outgrow the RPG sooner. But 150 Sasha tokens is also WAY more useful for a new player (that alone allows you to unlock her) than for me, which makes a negligible dent on my progress to get to the next trait.

I agree with this point, and hero/class tokens in this event don't scale well. Phones and tokens are substantially less worthwhile to a veteran player than a newer player. No argument there.

------------------------------------

Overall, my issue is with any idea that length of time playing the game should give you an inbuilt advantage over others who might put in just as much effort over the 69 days of this event - yet clearly it will.
    @sbf

Have no fear it will be in a bundle the day the council upgrade comes out with very little gold so that ways people buy a big gold bundle to instant upgrade everything and then purchase this weapon at new level for a good chunk of money. :)
    Quick question @Kaz, if and I'm just saying if players get to 3000 tokens prior to the end of the event will it start back over at the beginning or just end?
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,658
    > @Undertaker said:
    > Play the distance means what exactly?
    >
    > I´m a veteran player and never managed to get past level 17 in the distance. If the summer tokens rewards are at level 18 or higher, I won´t be able to catch them.
    >
    > Thats what I was pointing to.

Maybe, my friend, that's because you've not yet had the proper inspiration.

Maybe this will be that inspiration?

Following the many online videos shared by our community of players makes it very achievable to any veteran properly inspired.

Understand that my definition of veteran is not just a "Max level player", but also a player willing to spend a couple bucks here and there for gas boosters. While boosted, the Distance is much much easier and quicker. Without... It's doable, but very difficult.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    Sorry to ask again @Kaz but can you please tell us how we’ll be able to get the flaming crossbow this summer? Is it P2P only like the flare gun, etc.?
    freedydaddyJenngJadenKaz

While boosted, the Distance is much much easier and quicker. Without... It's doable, but very difficult.

Are you willing to show me the connection between gas boost and easier possibility to win the distance?

As for the vids...they don´t help me that much, because my toons are not the same, as my weapons, my traits and may badges are.

I just can´t transfer the video strategies on my gameplay and don´t have a huge rooster on fighters.

Good videos aren´t a cure for everybody ;)

No later then level 17 I hit the wall...since months.

• PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    I believe he means that with unlimited gas you can complete the missions without needing to wait on gas to be refilled. If you require 4 attempts at a level before it's completed due to tough walkers or Freemen, that is nearly 3 hours worth of gas to be generated. You may not have enough gas generated in a day based on how actively you are logging in and how many attempts are needed. Then again, you likely will not have enough survivors for all of those attempts either. With unlimited gas, it eliminates time as being a limiting factor that could otherwise prevent someone from completing the distance.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Undertaker
    PigBenis said:

If you require 4 attempts at a level before it's completed due to tough walkers or Freemen, that is nearly 3 hours worth of gas to be generated.

If I need 4 attemps, it´s usually, because I´m running out of fighters ;)
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    > @DrUnpleasant said:
    > Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how many stars + what Distance level needs to be achieved on average in order to get the top rewards. Obviously that will be heavily impacted by hero/survivor level - so I hope it's not a "Closed Shop" for those already at lv23/24.
    >
    > Personally I've got lv21 survivors (pretty much as high as you can get with just under 1yr of playing) which roughly equates to 800 stars per challenge and distance clears on easy or lv12 on hard. If that ain't enough then I'll be very disappointed.

I don't believe the legendary version will be hard to get. The average needed is 300 tokens per week. 70 of those come from daily missions. I believe the max obtainable per Challenge per week will be 106 since I'm sitting at 116 and 10 came from daily mission and I can't get any more from the challenge.

They will have tokens available in the distance in each mode. I'm sure there will be enough in normal mode so if you only did those, in addition to other things like challenge, daily missions, etc. you'd still get legendary. Doing hard mode of distance will likely reward more tokens but that only allows someone to unlock it sooner. I'd guess for 65 tokens per normal distance. That gives 130 from 2 times per week and adding in the 70 from daily missions and 106 from challenge yields 306 per week right there. Then you still have tokens available in the TG shop several times per whatever days they specified for their availability and special events as well.

I'm holding off until I get level 24 survivors, which should be well before I have the opportunity to unlock it. I started playing this game last year on September 18th according to my Google account and I just queued my first level 23 survivor hours ago. It's entirely possibly to get to max survivor level in well under a year.

I just hope NG does the right thing and classifies this and all other similarly obtained weapons as "Event Weapons" with a purple background and let us continually upgrade these Event Weapons to be 3 levels higher than our survivors. Make them upgradeable to the new level (instantly) by charging 5 million tomatoes.
    Black Labs Matter.
    DrUnpleasant
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,786
    @Kaz that implies that there are exactly 3000 summer tokens to be gained and you have to get every one to get the leg RPG? I assume that's not the case?
    Who ever was Moaning that it should be scaled and everyone should be able to get all the rewards... why then even have the event? Just give everyone the prizes and be done with it? That sounds fun.
    TJSJadenI_Am_Psycho
    Awesome @Kaz ! So it's setup to finish with that amount then...I figured as much🤪 and please sell flaming epic crossbow in tradeshop as soon as possible!!!!!!! There is a large tg's market out there for it🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗
    Kazanthony172
    @Kaz I purchase every specialty weapon ya'll put in the tradeshop even if I already have a better version of it, just to do my small part to let NG know we want all specialty equipment for tg's...PLEASE🧞‍♀️