Summer of explosions

Comments

• DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    Firekid said:

@Kaz that implies that there are exactly 3000 summer tokens to be gained and you have to get every one to get the leg RPG? I assume that's not the case?

Who ever was Moaning that it should be scaled and everyone should be able to get all the rewards... why then even have the event? Just give everyone the prizes and be done with it? That sounds fun.

Not sure anyone said that - but any scaling of rewards should be based on effort, not level/gear.
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    Patience is my second name.Im waiting with @JayZ
    Shut_UpJenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,726
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    LOL, just trying to be one of the more positive forces these days, so don't want to be erroneously lumped in with the negative ;)
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    WellyLugaJenngSCBMAShadowaceAz
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,726
    DBones said:

LOL, just trying to be one of the more positive forces these days, so don't want to be erroneously lumped in with the negative ;)

Amen to that! :lol:
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited June 2018
    Kwansa said:

I can´t understand all these complaints. My survs are level 21 at the moment. So I am not a veteran player and maybe I will not reach the leg. RPG but I will collect a lot of summer tokens because I play a lot. And that will give me a lot of great rewards like Sasha tokens, radios and all the other stuff.

Even if i could get the 3000 milestone and get the RPG after some month and leveling up my toons 1 or 2 level the weapon is just a "nice to have" but not very important for my gameplay anymore.

So @NG - I like this Event and thanks for that.

You WILL get all the tokens if you play a lot. Mine are level 21s apart from two survivors at 22. You're dilemma will be the same as mine - Will it be worth getting the training ground to catch up (in terms of camp buildings at least)?

I'm likely to try out the rare RPG when I get it to help decide, and may well opt to farm supplies at some point based on experimentation with it.

Edit: Removed text that was from draft of something I didn't post, yet strangely enough said anyway in this post.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Kwansa
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    JayZ said:

Idea: why don’t we all wait till the end of this week and see how many tokens we can get in the first week? That will allow us to judge what pace we need to play at.

I am completely torn with this one. Half of me agrees that it needs a full week to get a rough idea, but strangely more than half of me is impatient. Which is why I am torn on this.

I'm doubting today and tomorrow will get me anything like what I got in the first 24 hours. I see a post earlier stating there's none between 500-1200 stars. I have to play hardcore to reach 1k anyway, so I know it really depends on The Distance and TG shop. But I can't see NG making it so regular players can't reach the target.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    I would bet an enormous amount of money that there will be more than 3000 tokens available to earn. Likely it's setup so whenever a player reaches 3000 tokens they are no longer rewarded similar to how supplies aren't found in post mission crates after a certain mission level.

It wouldn't make any sense to set it so only 3000 tokens are available. I would assume more tokens are available in hard distance vs normal. So low level players would be alienated by not being able to complete hard distance to get tokens. Also the trade shop updates every 7 hours and tokens will be available there, so if someone misses a refresh, then they miss out on the tokens. In that case missing a single refresh of the shop means you won't get the legendary version. That's just not practical. These reasons point to there being more than 3000 tokens available but only earning 3000 possible.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 603
    Kaz said:

WahooDawg said:

Sorry to ask again @Kaz but can you please tell us how we’ll be able to get the flaming crossbow this summer? Is it P2P only like the flare gun, etc.?

For now, it'll be exclusive in the Bundle Shop. And sometime later we'll probably sell the epic version of it in the Trade Goods Shop like we've been doing with some special weapons.
    @Kaz can you give up any idea about when this bundle will show up? I'm fine with it being a bundle only item, but as the usual argument is, I want to get the most out of purchased equipment and am close to getting my survivors to l24 so it'd be nice to know how much time I have before it shows up. Thanks! And love this summer event!
  • UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 198
    Shut_Up said:

We could have the ability to get all 3000 tokens in the first week and someone would find something to complain about.

I think, the term "complaining" is used very excessively. Not every question or worry is a complain.

This is pretty much a picture of society these days. Everything is painted just in black or white. Where are the 50 shades of grey, if you need them?
    ShadowaceAz
  • Zombie_KillerZombie_Killer Member Posts: 25
    I am away for three weeks so wont make that total not really happy with the timing for me
  • UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 198

I am away for three weeks so wont make that total not really happy with the timing for me

What means away? WiFi is pretty much spreaded around the globe these days.

Also...they announced it weeks before. Why did you book your flight to Andromeda if you knewed it?
    I_Am_PsychoJimiFaithShadowaceAzatrainofficial
  • nipularnipular Member Posts: 53
    I haven't seen any tokens in the trade goods shop, is something wrong?
    freedydaddy
    Tokens are available on Sundays and Mondays in the Trade Shop. Nothing is wrong so far. Take a look at the in game News tab and it mentions the availability of tokens.
    Black Labs Matter.
    freedydaddyI_Am_Psycho
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Kaz said:

Taking your case as an example, and based on how many summer tokens you can get without considering any events, player B won't be able to get the Legendary RPG without playing any The Distance missions. With events, they might get a chance. :)

@Kaz So it's going to be relatively difficult to achieve 3000 tokens... what's being done to make sure that all of those who push during the 70 day event and get those 3k tokens will have a weapon that's worth using after the next council upgrade? With 70 days of earning tokens for a specific weapon, that weapon should be different than getting a weapon in the tg store (that we already know the traits of, since we already know the traits of the rpg) which gets scrapped after a council.
    What is the dispersal on the distance. My characters are all on lvl 20 and we make it through normal almost unscathed, but generally only about half way through hard. Would it be better to complete normal or get through half of hard when trying for tokens?
    You can check back Saturday morning once the Distance rewards have been posted in another thread and then decide for yourself. I'll likely be doing normal distance to farm supplies. There is no way that NG will alienate lower level players from earning the legendary version, so enough tokens should be available in normal mode to receive the legendary version without resetting the Distance for a repeat. Stop worrying, this will be EASY to achieve. Trust me. If they notice that many players don't have enough tokens near the end of the event they will do a week long event to ensure those who try for it will get it. Mark my words.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Kwansa
    Im close to getting my council to level 20 and then my characters up to level 21, and probably during the event. If i level up a hunter to 21 during the event will the rpg level up too or is it going to be level 20 forever?
    You have until September 5th to unlock it. It unlocks at the level of your highest Hunter. I would recommend holding off until then because if you unlock it at level 22 for example it will max at level 25. Won't be able to increase it after that...at least for now. Don't believe NG will change this but many believe they should.
    Black Labs Matter.
    psychwolfden4playfreedydaddy
  • dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
    DLich said:

3000 summer tokens over 70 days is 43 tokens a day. Challenge is only 5 days a week; distance is 2

I've been busting my butt these last few days trying to get the daily minimum and it's not working. I guess we'll have to wait and see how many tokens we can get from the distance. Hopefully, the RPG prize won't be limited only to those able to complete the hard distance and spend a lot of gold to repeat it.
  • dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
    DBones said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat as @WellyLuga. I "expect" to get the RPG, based on how much I play, but I'm not really going to change the way I play for it (shouldn't even have to, I would presume). My inquiry was geared toward gaining information that could be helpful for how some people play and plan, I definitely was not complaining or suggesting any entitlement (I'm also not suggesting that anyone was suggesting that I was suggesting entitlement - just making clear that I wasn't :D :D ).

Same here. I play a LOT. I haven't missed a single day since I started playing almost 2 years ago. I go as far as I can every challenge, I complete all quests every day, I scavenge, I complete season missions when available, I've completed all chapter missions.

I really don't see any way I could achieve more in this game without spending real money. It would suck major if that's the only way to get the RPG.
    Undertaker
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    I haven't seen any tokens in the challenge since the 16-set... I'm now at 354 stars and still no tokens in sight. Is this intended?