Summer tokens per week

JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,646
tl;dr - Doing everything possible will not get you enough summer tokens for the RPG. You will end up with 2360-2460 tokens. The special weekend events that Kaz mentioned will be necessary to reach 3000 summer tokens.

The long version: One concern on the forums is whether players will get enough tokens to reach the legendary RPG. By my calculations, most/all mid-level players that play regularly should be NOT be able to get it with the current weekly lineup.

If I recall, I maxed out on my challenge summer tokens on the first day of the challenge with no boosters, so I’m assume most mid-level players can do the same over the course of the week. I am also assuming that mid-level players can complete at least the Easy Distance.

So here are my calculations:
- Daily quests: 70 per week
- Distance: 44 or 54 per week
- Challenge: 106 per week (I think)
- TG shop: 16 per week
- Total tokens per week (excluding TG shop): 236-246
- Total tokens in 10 weeks (excluding TG shop): 2360-2460

I really hope Distance resets are not needed to get to 3000...
JenngGovernatorSPC_TORRESmsapaevATLAS-ZKwansa

Comments

• aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    How about distance restarts? Pretty crappy if those are required to hit 3000, but maybe?
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,646
    Whoops. My bad. Someone can merge this with the other thread @Kaz @MadPuppy
    PigBenisJenng
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    > @PigBenis said:
    > No, there are more than 3000 tokens already "hard coded" into the game outside of the special events. Check the other thread for info.

Where was that posted, in the "summer of explosions" thread? If so it does say that there but it also says "including resetting the distance." Any chance it has been posted that there are more than 3,000 without resetting the distance.
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    I'm disappointed. Good thing NG didn't want to alienate their base player.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    All ng needs to do is some “double summer tokens” week or some kind of “summer token event” to catch up to the “pace”

It’s day 4 everyone. Have faith!!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    anthony172PigBenis
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    How I see it...
    Go to Walmart, McDonald's.... Work 3-4 hours 1 day (10 usd/hour)buy it on the store. Instead of putting 10 or 20 times more time in the campaign which is asking pretty much to do and collect every single token
    It would be good to be able to miss something here and there and still get it, I don't see that happening.

I like to play the game but I don't like to be forced to play the game
    ATLAS-Z
  • SgtMoSgtMo Member Posts: 7
    Hello. All I want to know is, can a player like me, with no gold to spend & no real money to spend on game, get the rpg?

If I do all the daily quests, play the distance twice a week, use trade goods to trade when available, reach all the token goals in the challenge (personal & guild), and do the special events, will I reach 3000?

I don't want to invest all my time and all the gold I manage to save just to find out 3000 is impossible to reach without spending real money or having thousands in gold to spare.

:/
    UndertakerATLAS-Z
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    ring already!

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• nipularnipular Member Posts: 53
    The problem with the tokens is that no matter how hard you try, if you have people in your guild who are low levels, you cant achieve it. Getting the thing should be tied to your own achievement, not others. That also encourages people to leave guilds for better ones.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Before they become available in TG shop can someone quickly post the CURRENT maximum (at the time this was posted).
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,127
    edited June 2018
    Current max is 200 and that's with hard distance reset.

Edit: and without 1st appearance in tg shop which is due in 30 mins.
    I_Am_Psycho
    edited June 2018
    Thanks @bladgier , that confirms my suspicions.

I have 173. A guild mate has 193. Another has 178.

@DLich might be able to confirm my maths here.

Both the others get the 20 extra at the start that I didn't get. One of them got all the tokens from the distance as I did, and the other didn't get past round 16. None of us reset The Distance.

Nobody believed me ...
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/35238/summer-tokens-missing-already

@Kaz - I think it's worth reopening that thread now, I saw yesterday another forum member had 20 extra as well. Seems the fruit machine Gods have intervened.

bladgier said:

Edit: and without 1st appearance in tg shop which is due in 30 mins.

Yeah, that's why I was looking for a quick response. Thanks for that :smile:

• WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    If your current Max is 200 WITH distance reset. Then you're off by 20. (unless distance reset gives you less than it previous did.)

I have 193 (NO distance reset). So if I did reset distance, it would be 193 +12+15 =220.

So this means, you're short 20.
  • UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 203
    WalkerRon said:

I have 193 (NO distance reset).

I have 183, also no distance reset.
    See my post above and the thread linked in it.

193 without distance reset? Well that means I am 20 short. Me and many others. Are you sure @WalkerRon?
    Got screen?
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,281
    Hard or normal distance @bladgier?
    bladgier said:

193 without distance reset? Well that means I am 20 short. Me and many others. Are you sure @WalkerRon?

Got screen?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/353584536602279936/460363661760790534/final_bstSnapshot_44591.jpg

This screen shot was taken before the distance day was over.

(thus does NOT include Sunday's daily reward doesn't include any TG purchased RPGtokens)
    I_Am_Psycho
    I blame the fruit machine Gods :expressionless:

edited June 2018
    Given what we're getting so far. There won't be enough tokens unless they have special events rewarding more.

I surely am not going to be spending gold twice a week for a distance reset for some weapon that is gonna be obsolete.
    Crappy event honestly. I suppose all the rewards up to the RPG isn't so bad if you're an active 'free 2 play' player

If the RPG requires paying 800gold twice a week to reset, they really should announce this ahead of time in their news Because people are going to be extremely upset near the end of the summer to find out they're short after blowing gold and still coming up short because they didn't blow the gold to reset on the first 2 distances.
    I'm not chill.

I want my missing 20 summer tokens random people got.

anthony172SPC_TORRES
    I've done a reset before when they were offering it at 200gold. And the hero token was Maggie or something (glenn maybe). was worth the reset since I factored out how much gold I spend to buy more Maggie tokens after the initial 800 TG offering.

But 400g just is too much honestly. You also have to factor in the gas needed to do the distance further out-
    edited June 2018
    So I did everything possible to get summer tokens including distance hard completed and today's daily and tg store which I got just now.

One thing I haven't done is distance reset that means 27 tokens less.

I'm at 191 now, how's that? Sounds correct?
    TJSanthony172JadenScowley
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited June 2018
    @bladgier

Yes. That's correct without a distance reset. Although it seems some players received 20 tokens before the event even began. Some sort of glitch or something.

@I_Am_Psycho had a thread about it.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/35238/summer-tokens-missing-already

*edit to add correct link
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    bladgierI_Am_Psycho