Are You On Pace for Legendary Daryl's RPG?

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited June 2018
    What we know so far...

Challenges - 106 a week (500 personal 6500 guild) for stars.
    Distance - 22 for normal. 27 for hard.
    Daily Quests - 10 each day.

—————————————————
    If the amount given in the first challenge, first distance and 4 days worth of daily challenges we can predict that.....
    —————————————————

106 x 10 = 1,060
    22 x 2 x 10 = 440 normal mode distance
    27 x 2 x 10 = 540 hard mode distance
    10 x 7 x 10 = 700 from dailies.

1,060 + 440 + 700 = 2,200 normal no resets.
    —� 2,200 + 440 = 2,640 with every reset normal (8,000 gold required)

1,060 + 540 + 700 = 2,300 hard no resets.
    —� 2,300 + 540 = 2,840 with every reset hard (8,000 gold required)

Both are well over the 800 for rare but well below 3,000 for legendary. Again it’s only day 4.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    bladgier
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,282
    I think all this is guess work is a slight waste of time. Kaz has already said that the summer special events are needed to hit the 3000 and as these are complete unknowns I guess we will have to wait and see. I do think having a tally is great so people can compare where they are with the maximum. Maybe if the OP could be updated once a week or something?
    DLichbigbeanoStarr621
  • SgtMoSgtMo Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2018
    @Firekid

Hello. That is true, but it would be too late if we assumed the special events would make up for the short falls and then found out we needed to do the distance twice or do every single daily quest to reach 3000.

At the same time, I will not be happy if I spent 800 gold a week for extra distance runs then found out I didn't need to because the special events offered more than enough to reach the 3000 token goal.

I really don't like that Next Game is keeping this secret and forcing players to gamble their gold away. Just tell us, if we play all the challenges, two distances a week, the daily quests, and play the special events, will it be enough? Does someone with no gold & doesn't pay real money have a chance?
    bigbeanoDLich
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 332
    I agree @SgtMo but IMO based on dailies getting us to the 1st RPG I feel we will be able to get the legendary one without repeating the distance every week. At least I hope that is the case because I am not repeating it today and will not do it every week due to time & gas restrictions. I can & do spend some but really hope I don't have to resort to that.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • titustitus Member Posts: 92
    This Daryl rocket launcher seems more and more like a cash grab! Hope I'm wrong.
    mik81marie1980MattOfEarth
  • dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
    Kratos said:

I agree @SgtMo but IMO based on dailies getting us to the 1st RPG I feel we will be able to get the legendary one without repeating the distance every week. At least I hope that is the case because I am not repeating it today and will not do it every week due to time & gas restrictions. I can & do spend some but really hope I don't have to resort to that.

I suspect the rare RPG is a consolation prize for those who don't use gold or cash in pursuit of summer tokens. We'll get more than the 800 it costs, but probably not enough for the legendary RPG.
    thew_robert
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,282
    I'm going on the fact I think NG want people to be able to get it without gold/cash but I reckon there won't be much lee-way i.e. You have to get everyone you can. So I think if you can't do hard distance and get every other token you'll hit 3000 exactly. That's what I'm working to and if I'm 700 short from doing the normal distance then so be it.
    Undertaker
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 455
    I’ve got 128 and been trying to collect them everywhere possible
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield UK (SUK)” Group Our World.
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,252
    180 😨.
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 132
    I'm at 213. Anyone else?
    MacV (Trinity)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy
    SPC_TORRES
  • CarlseyeCarlseye Member Posts: 55
    I'm at 228. I did the Distance twice
    SPC_TORRESMacV
    edited June 2018
    No. I'm in Arizona. Still Sunday night. I don't have an exact for how I've gotten them all. Here's a screen shot. I think I've gotten every one so far. So someone else probably has at least the same.

New to this site, hope all shows correctly
    SCBMASPC_TORRES
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    Carlseye said:

No. I'm in Arizona. Still Sunday night. I don't have an exact for how I've gotten them all. Here's a screen shot. I think I've gotten every one so far. So someone else probably has at least the same.

New to this site, hope all shows correctly

Did you reset distance?
    > @WalkerRon said:
    > No. I'm in Arizona. Still Sunday night. I don't have an exact for how I've gotten them all. Here's a screen shot. I think I've gotten every one so far. So someone else probably has at least the same.
    >
    >
    >
    > New to this site, hope all shows correctly
    >
    > Did you reset distance?

Yup. Did it on normal twice
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    edited June 2018
    Sorry @NG, it sounds like a bad joke. The RPG is not a present for our patience during summer. It is another way of making money.
    Maybe I'm wrong. But I see no way getting 300 token a week without spending money. And the special events will really not close a gap of about 500 token.
    Some transparency at the beginning would have been nice.
    SPC_TORRESPigBenismik81
  • KjellissKjelliss Member Posts: 19
    Well, the only thing we know is that they have made this game to make money. Their question is:"will we make more money if ppl need to buy packs with this tokens, or will it be more profitable to let everyone get the RPG if they continue playing this game the whole summer?"
    My guess is that they will go with the last option, because keeping ppl playing during summer time is considering very difficult, and this weapon is a perfect treat to all doing just that. So I am keeping my calm, grabbing all the tokens playing the game as usuall.
    KratosJadenDodkongSPC_TORRES
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    How am I only at 189..? I did Hard Distance (both sets of tokens, but no reset), got to 500 stars, bought both sets of TG 8-tokens, and did all Daily Quests including Monday/today (I think? Maybe I missed one??) My Guild missed the 6500 mark but hit all the rest.

By my math so far:

60 --> Daily Quests (10x5, assuming I did Wednesday -- there was one Wednesday, right?)
    16 --> TG Shop (8x2)
    27 --> Hard Distance (both rewards, 12+15, no resets)
    86? --> Challenge (reached 500 personally, Guild got all rewards EXCEPT 6500)

So is the 6500 reward is, I guess, 20 tokens? Or else I maybe missed Wednesday's DQ.

If I again do both rewards with no reset in Distance tomorrow, as well as the DQ, that adds another 37, putting me at 226 for Week 1. Clearly not enough to hit 3,000, but I assume NG will compensate with events. Still, it seems fairly biased against people whose Guilds cannot hit 6500 (which is most Guilds, I would think) and people who cannot afford to reset the Distance. Even getting through Hard Level 17 burned a lot of extra gas (took me several tries), and I really could only manage it thanks to the +40 Gas reward, which was a one-time thing. I may end up doing Normal Distance tomorrow since @Gindy 's analysis shows no better Rewards from doing Hard, and I would rather save the gas from dying over-and-over for Raids...

Doing Normal Distance without resets and my Guild not hitting 6500 each week, I'll land at 216/week, or 2160 for the summer, which is 840 short of the RPG. Seems like a HUGE gap, so I'm hoping NG will provide solid weekend events, because I consider that "average game-play".
    @General_Quatre yes the 20 you are "missing" is from the guild you were in not achieving 6500 combined stars.

Once you hit 500 individual stars you get 18 summer tokens
    Once you hit 6500 cumulative guild stars you get 20 summer tokens

I am not sure how the other 68 tokens were accumulated (maybe someone was keeping track)

CBgaming1969
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Thanks @DLich ! Can always count on ye
    DLich
    I will play the normal distance like I always do and achieve 440 summer tokens over the next 10 weeks (assuming each week it's 22 for normal mode). I'll buy my 16 summer tokens for 320 TG's over the next 10 weeks (again assuming the quantity/price remain the same) that's 160 summer tokens. I'm sure my guild will get 6500 combined and I'll get 500 personal stars so (again assuming quantity is the same) that's 106 a week x 10 weeks = 1060. 70 days of event; 10 summer tokens a day = 700 summer tokens from dailies.

1060 + 440 + 160 + 700 = 2360 summer tokens to play the way I normally play.

------------------------------------

Again assuming the rate/quantity in which we earn summer tokens this week being the same for the next 9 weeks...

------------------------------------

2500 summer tokens will get me 40 phones. 2360 summer tokens cost me "nothing". I need a difference of 140 to achieve 40 bonus phones.

If resetting the distance, and playing it in normal, will give me 22 extra summer tokens when I do reset it, then I need to reset/replay the distance 7 times. That's 7 x 400 = 2800 gold ($28). 2000 gold will buy 40 radio's in the radio call screen. So for 800 more gold you get all the "other stuff" from replaying the distance 7 times.

If you play all 10 weeks on hard mode and achieve the 27 summer tokens each time then you will have 2460 summer tokens and would need to replay the hard mode twice.

General_QuatreSPC_TORRESDanski_46Gindy
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 332
    edited June 2018
    Looks like I need to start replaying the distance every week just in case.

@DLich you need to figure in the cost of a tank refill &/or gas booster along with the reset cost.

Edit: Failed to see @Gindy already addressed the cost above.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    DLich
  • dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
    Carlseye said:

> @WalkerRon said:
    Did you reset distance?

I did the normal twice, and I thought I had everything else. But I only ended with 208.

I got the TG 8 today and another 10 for today's quest, so I am currently at 226.

MacV
    dmar310 said:

Carlseye said:

> @WalkerRon said:
    Did you reset distance?

I did the normal twice, and I thought I had everything else. But I only ended with 208.

I got the TG 8 today and another 10 for today's quest, so I am currently at 226.

I am at 246 now. Did your Guild get to the 6,500? I think it was 20 tokens. Which would be the difference between our totals. If your Guild didn't, I know of a Guild that did that is currently 3 members short :)
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    So you decided to start waving around the gauntlet that is numbers and data and slap some faces, huh @Bill_ZRT? You know I can't resist a challenge. There's lots more to be expounded upon data-wise and I'll open with the Ruy-Lopez: simple yet classic. @DLich and company has honors to make the next move.

Who's the poll guy/gal around here these days? I think this is a fantastic betting moment! I'll put odds on 350.

Spreadsheets give me hives, so I themed the color in honor of Benadryl...

stuff-n-thangs
    DLichBill_ZRTMacV