RPG Token Numbers

PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
First, some numbers.

3000 tokens are required to receive the legendary version of the RPG. We have 70 days total to earn tokens, which is 10 weeks, therefore, 300 tokens are needed per week on average to earn the reward. It's already been confirmed by @Kaz that more than 3000 tokens have been "hard coded" into the game, yet it is only possible to earn up to 3000 tokens.

What else we know:

70 tokens can be earned per week from Daily Quest completion. 10 per day for each day.
106 tokens can be earned from Challenge missions, assuming you personally reach 500 stars and your guild gets to 6500 stars.
44 (22 each on Tue and Sat) tokens can be earned from Normal Distance 54 (27 each on Tue and Sat) from Hard Distance

This is only 220/230 (Normal/Hard Distance) tokens per week with what we know so far
Tokens will be available in TG shop on Sun and Mon

There will be special events where more tokens are awarded.

What we don't know:
How many tokens will be available in TG shop.
If tokens will be available on each refresh of TG shop on Sun/Mon
How much tokens will cost and of what resource, if any.
If tokens will be available in TG shop outside of Sun/Mon.
If tokens will be available to purchase in bundles.
How many tokens will be awarded during special events.

Okay, so those are the numbers. Now...why this is somewhat disappointing. Many have voiced their concern that we will have to be glued to our devices this Summer in order to earn the legendary version or we will need to spend cash, and so far it appears that way. This isn't cool for a weapon that will only be "most useful" in it's fully upgraded state for several months before a Council update and it becomes less powerful.

Sun/Mon it will be critical to get the tokens on EVERY refresh of the TG shop, unless they plan on offering them all at once on each day, which I doubt happens, but could. It has been said that they plan on everyone being able to receive the RPG around the same time, which makes me wonder if these tokens will cost anything. If they are available for TG for instance and someone doesn't have them, then they lose out on tokens. Since we are 80 tokens short of our average needed per week with what we don't yet know, this is concerning. If we can't get at least 40 tokens on Sun, it means we will fall short EVERY WEEK. It also means that we WILL be required to be glued to our devices this Summer if we care to earn the legendary version, or we will have to possibly spend cash on tokens, or the events they run will have to be amazing and critical for all players to earn enough tokens to receive this reward.

Not trying to be negative as I really like this event so far. I'm simply pointing out how the numbers pan out and wanting to provide useful information.
Black Labs Matter.
UndertakerkamilowatyDanski_46Bill_ZRTALF4realsflyingcowking

Comments

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I thought you were being a little more optimistic in other posts about getting to 3000? I see your math but I guess I'm just hoping that if you can get to level 16 on the distance and your guild gets about 15,000 stars and you get 900 stars or more then you'll hit 3,000.
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    I personally have to worries about getting the reward myself since I actively play every day and will easily achieve all available tokens outside of some major unforeseen event. On the flip side of that, I will be honest that I thought it wouldn't require as much time as I had expected and yes, I had stated that I believed it would be easy to achieve. I didn't believe that NG would be so stingy with tokens as Distance rewards and I didn't believe they would put so much emphasis on the special events they had planned. Those 2 assumptions is largely what my belief was based upon.

With these new numbers in mind, I'm beginning to see that it's really not "worth it" for most people. Like I said, I will easily get the reward, but people with families or anyone who takes a vacation during the summer will likely have a hard time completing this mission. I sorta feel bad for them. They must choose between quality family time and this game. To me the choice is obvious.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Well not to disappoint you but Kaz posted they will be available once per day on the days they are in the trade shop.
    PigBenis
    That's not a disappointment. That's actually GOOD news in my opinion and I didn't know that. Means we won't be required to hit every refresh of the TG shop for max tokens.

I would wager from that statement, that it means that they will be available for free or at least cheap. Because if they planned on everyone getting it at roughly the same time and they offered X tokens for Y supplies, but I didn't have Y supplies, then I'd fall behind. I'm guessing they will be free. Since most of their other transactions seem to be offered for TG first, then gold, then more gold, etc. So someone could potentially unlock it MUCH sooner by spending tons of money. I believe it will be a single free transaction and then the offer disappears from the screen Thanks for the info!
    Black Labs Matter.
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    PigBenis said:

What we don't know:
    1 - How many tokens will be available in TG shop.
    2 - If tokens will be available on each refresh of TG shop on Sun/Mon
    3 - How much tokens will cost and of what resource, if any.
    4 - If tokens will be available in TG shop outside of Sun/Mon.
    5 - If tokens will be available to purchase in bundles.
    6 - How many tokens will be awarded during special events.

1 - That will be answered tomorrow in the game!
    2 - It'll be available for 24 hours, so you don't need to open the game after every restock on those days
    3 - Some Trade Goods, they are not expensive at all
    4 - It's possible during an event
    5 - The possibility exists, but being really active in the game should be enough
    6 - We don't know yet, because we'll be based on the player's progress throughout the event.

But keep in mind that this won't be a reward that everyone will collect. If you are an active level 68 player, yes, you will probably get it. If you are a new player, you probably won't be able to collect the Legendary Version of the RPG. If you are somewhere in between, you'll have to work hard and pay attention to any event we run during this campaign.
    PigBenisTroublemakerGovernatorkamilowaty
    @Kaz thanks for the info and taking the time to clear up some of the unknowns.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Kaz
  • donald6283donald6283 Member Posts: 276
    edited June 2018
    another question that anyone is asking:"those who reset the distance with gold will get more tokens or is just once in a lifetime kind of thing"? 😂
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423

another question that anyone is asking:"those who reset the distance with gold will get more tokens or is just once in a lifetime kind of thing"? 😂

They will get more!
    Starr621
  • donald6283donald6283 Member Posts: 276
    oh shit...better start saving some gold then 😂
    bigbeanoFingerfoodI_Am_Psycho
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    Kaz said:

5 - The possibility exists, but being really active in the game should be enough

Thank you. I'm an active 68. Hope there will be lots of events to help with the tokens earnings.

Also having extra tokens available some how can help offset those who fail to reach the 16th hard node. I managed to get to the 16th but there may be times where it won't be possible to reach.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Then play the Normal version.

Isn't hitting both offers on Normal better than only hitting one on Hard?

Problem solved, crisis averted!
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    SPC_TORRESShadowaceAzSCBMAJenng
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Nobody should feel compelled to downgrade to playing normal distance for this specific reason.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Shut_UppsychwolfATLAS-Zmik81
  • aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    Honestly reaching level 16 on the hard distance should be fairly easy if you’re able to beat normal distance in its entirety.
    ATLAS-ZWalkerRon
    > @Dodkong said:
    > Then play the Normal version.
    >
    > Isn't hitting both offers on Normal better than only hitting one on Hard?
    >
    > Problem solved, crisis averted!

I think your trying to be funny but if not then one shouldn't have to sacrifice the other hard rewards like badge components and gear and token to go down to get food and summer tokens. Say no to tomatoes.
    WalkerRon
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    > @aaxt555 said:
    > Honestly reaching level 16 on the hard distance should be fairly easy if you’re able to beat normal distance in its entirety.

Not really, nope.
    WalkerRonArtisans
  • aaxt555aaxt555 Member Posts: 120
    @DrUnpleasant what level are your survivors?
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 690
    So here is what I'm seeing for tokens per week:

Challenge = 106
    Quests = 70
    Distance = 44 (assuming normal without reset)
    TG = 16

That totals 236 per week which is 2360 over 10 weeks, almost 700 short of leg RPG. I hope the special events will make up for this because if you play enough to do that I think you deserve the leg RPG
    psychwolfDrUnpleasant
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,252
    They can fix a spelling error rather fast, but for some reason can't figure out my purchase problem I encountered on Saturday 😢.
    SPC_TORRESDodkong
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited June 2018
    I must say on a purely personal level, I am disheartened by the numbers😞

I truly hope I am wrong...but I'm not necessarily seeing that a reasonably good player playing at a decently high difficulty level and a reasonable amount of time averaging 246 a week will get enough tokens to get the legendary RPG.

Special thanks to the mathemations on here!!!!

I'm not sure there will be enough special events to earn the required tokens to bridge the gap............

Please, please let me be wrong!!

If, for some reason a max regular weekly token getter with no redo of Distance and no cash or gold spent can't get the legendary RPG.....

Well that's just wrong!

Again...please let me be wrong.

If the legendary RPG can only be gotten by players that spend cash and or gold, then @kaz...NG should say so!!!!

Again, again...please, please let me be wrong...
    msapaevFingerfoodTimboskianthony172
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I'm willing to bet if you collect all tokens available you'll get the legendary RPG without spending cash, gold or distance resets.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    GovernatorPigBenis
    > @TJS said:
    > I'm willing to bet if you collect all tokens available you'll get the legendary RPG without spending cash, gold or distance resets.

I sure hope so...
    mack22PigBenis
    Also, we will miss a Wednesday...so minus the challenge tokens you could normally get on that last challenge because the event ends as that last challenge begins....
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 455
    I am a mid to high level player and over the last week have only managed to get 190, I have collected every available token every day so I don’t think I will get anywhere near to getting the legendary RPG, I was looking forward to playing this game more after a fairly quiet period but now I’m not so sure.
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield UK (SUK)” Group Our World.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431

Also, we will miss a Wednesday...so minus the challenge tokens you could normally get on that last challenge because the event ends as that last challenge begins....

But it started as a Challenge period began, so we aren't actually missing out on a Challenge. We still get 10 of them.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    CBgaming1969PigBenis
    Thanks @I_Am_Psycho I just wanted to point it out. I figured the mathemations calculated that into their numbers...just in case🤪