RPG Token Numbers

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    They wouldn't be good mathematicians if they did that :p
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    CBgaming1969
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Kaz said:

But keep in mind that this won't be a reward that everyone will collect. If you are an active level 68 player, yes, you will probably get it. If you are a new player, you probably won't be able to collect the Legendary Version of the RPG. If you are somewhere in between, you'll have to work hard and pay attention to any event we run during this campaign.

Everyone, regardless of camp level, should be able to achieve the 10 summer tokens a day
    Everyone should be able to buy the 8 summer tokens x 2 (sunday/monday)
    Most should be able to get the 106 a week... Assuming you can attain 500 stars and 6500 guild stars
    --- The issue comes about when lower level players can't attain 500 stars
    Most above camp lvl 55 should be able to get the 44 a week from normal distance
    --- Those same players should be able to get an extra 44 if they replay the distance each time

The only reason I see players at lvl 68 not achieving the legendary RPG is..

1) forgetting to get tokens / not earning tokens (missing achievement for 6500 guild, forgetting daily quest, forgetting to buy one of the tokens in the TG shop
    2) Since players have mapped (based on current ways to earn TG's) how many TG's they can get, if there are no "BONUS EVENTS" then players who don't run hard mode each and every time and reset it each and every time won't get the leg weapon.

Based on the fact that "If you are an active level 68 player, yes, you will probably get it." leads me to strongly believe that there will be other things going on to "make up" for the 440-540 players won't earn during the replay of the distance each and every week.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,389
    TJS said:

I'm willing to bet if you collect all tokens available you'll get the legendary RPG without spending cash, gold or distance resets.

I'm not going to give you a disagree here, but I have to disagree with what you're saying and I think that this philosophy is one that's just setting yourself up for disappointment. In this thread as well as the other thread with @DLich and @Gindy, the math is clear... if you want the legendary RPG, you'd better plan on getting tokens from every source in the game, including resetting the Distance twice a week.

Any plan other than that is relying on the special events to give you the tokens you need which I think is risky at best. Given the quantities of tokens we currently earn in game, I don't think it's realistic to assume that these events will provide a massive amount of tokens.

Back to the release notes, Kaz stated:
    Kaz said:

Everyone will have the opportunity to earn a Rare RPG weapon, and the most skillful and dedicated players will even earn a Legendary version of the weapon through the campaign!

Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

DLichJenngJapes87mik81
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,957
    My bet would be on a double summer tokens day or weekend. If that'll be it, not that much of tokens will come out of it to reach 2.5 to 3k.

Maybe they have something else planned.

Guess gotta wait and see.

If I would have to reset couple of distances which I'm fine to do (Only a couple, not every single one) I'd like to know as soon as possible if that's the case.
    TJS said:

@Bill_ZRT

Fair enough. I just think that if you collecting every token you can possibly get including the special events, you'll get the RPG.

If you've missing some here & there you might only reach the Rare version.

If NG made it so it was impossible without spending that would be extremely foolish and probably cause a huge number of players to leave the game.

I guess without knowing what the special events will provide as far as tokens it's impossible to put any guarantees but again, I think it would be extremely foolish to ramp players up over such a promotion yet set it up for disappointment.

I guess time will tell.

Considering a player only needs to attain 800 summer tokens to achieve the rare version of the weapon, it's safe to say with MINIMAL effort (700 alone for daily quests) the rare version is almost guaranteed for anyone who put in some effort.

Based on current calculation on attaining summer tokens, It would seem that anyone...

1) who didn't play hard version last Saturday won't get it.
    2) who didn't play hard version twice last Saturday won't get it.
    3) anyone who missed any of the 106 challenge tokens won't get it.
    4) anyone who missed any of the dailies won't get it.

Based on current calculation on attaining summer tokens, It would seem that anyone...

1) who got all 106 summer tokens, have gotten all 7 daily quests, played the distance in hard mode Saturday and also replayed the distance Saturday in hard mode AND purchased both sets of 8 summer tokens from the TG shop are on pace to earn it IF AND ONLY IF they continue the same trend for the next 9 weeks and today.

edited June 2018
    The math shows that getting every token available in the game without resetting the distance will yield 2360 tokens at the end of the 10 weeks. My source is the spreadsheet posted in this thread by @DLich:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/328942/#Comment_328942

This means you either have to:
    1. Hope that you can get the 640 tokens from events (meaning 64 tokens per week from events).
    2. Resign yourself to the fact that you will only earn the rare version.
    3. Understand that you will need to reset the distance twice a week for 10 weeks at the cost of 8k gold to earn the legendary version.

I 100% agree with you that players who think they can earn the legendary version without spending gold are going to be very unhappy finding out that this isn't the case after all their time and effort, but that's what the math seems to indicate and I think it's much better that folks understand this NOW than at the end of the event.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.

DLichmik81
    I’m sure NG has things planned to give out more tokens. As it is, if they don’t, anyone who didn’t play hard mode 2x on Saturday automatically won’t get it. And it’s only day 7 with 63 left to go.

@Bill_ZRT your option 3 is “the best of the best” in the game but God forbid they miss One they’re done.

Bill_ZRT
    I like the way we've been told enough tokens have been hardcoded into the game. Did this mean that its attainable without the special events and/or distance restarts?

Maybe there are weeks with more hardcoded in than others?

Conspiracy theories will be rife, with how it looks after a full 7 days.

I said it was too early to say anything based on one day. But what about after 7 full days?

They'll have to end this speculation sooner than later surely.

edited June 2018
    DLich said:

I’m sure NG has things planned to give out more tokens. As it is, if they don’t, anyone who didn’t play hard mode 2x on Saturday automatically won’t get it. And it’s only day 7 with 63 left to go.

@Bill_ZRT your option 3 is “the best of the best” in the game but God forbid they miss One they’re done.

This is exactly why I would encourage NG to get out in front of this now to make sure that people have the right expectations. You're right - a person who spends massive amounts of time and resources in game including 6k+ gold on distance resets but who misses the 3k tokens by a few is going to be extremely unhappy at the end of the event.

If I were NG, I would have posted a road map along with this event to let players know what investment in time and resources is going to be required to earn the top prize. At the very least, they could confirm the math that you and others have done to say that those are the tokens that will be consistently available in the game for the duration of the event, special events notwithstanding.

DLich said:

your option 3 is “the best of the best” in the game but God forbid they miss One they’re done.

Can you imagine the forums if this is the case? This is exactly why I would think NG would want to get out in front of this one.

SgtMo
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 312
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:
    > @Kaz
    > Can you confirm if NG plan on forcing us to use gold for resetting distance to achieve the target? I think it's important to make us all aware whether or not it's possible WITHOUT spending gold.

Or to paraphrase this - will special event cover those 640 tokens that we could not obtain without resetting distance. I think we would all appreciate if we can get the answer ASAP.
    I_Am_Psycho
    Bill_ZRT said:

Can you imagine the forums if this is the case? This is exactly why I would think NG would want to get out in front of this one.

But one could argue the case that players, myself included, have made spreadsheets and posts etc regarding the "pace" and using 1 weeks knowledge to predict the next 9 weeks etc... WHETHER IT WAS ME WHO MADE IT... SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS SEEK THE ANSWERS... I JUST MAKE SPREADSHEETS FOR WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO SEE.

Meaning is the fact of spreadsheets from @Gindy and I creating undue panic?

@DLich - very fair question and one I've considered myself.

I can't saw with certainty one way or another whether the spreadsheets are 100% accurate with their predictions or whether they're off base with their assumptions causing some people to 'panic'.

BUT if NG thought that the predictions were not an accurate representation of the number of tokens a player could expect to collect during this event, or if they thought that the data presented was causing 'undue panic' then they could absolutely make a comment to that effect at any time to alleviate those fears.

Jenng
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    edited June 2018
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,712
    Conversely if people have spent loads of gold resetting distance every week and find out they didn't need to they also would be pretty pissed. I'm giving NG the benefit of the doubt. With all past community events they have done their best to make sure we reach it. Be it an extra day or gas boosters to help. Looking at the tokens needed and how it ramps up at the end I imagine last 2 weeks will have plentiful chances of tokens.
    DLichPigBenis
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    I dont care about the rpg. I will be on vacation half the time. So i wont be able to get it. after all next council upgrade will come and all is nonsense. I will bet it wont last long to see the rog in a bundle with better traits. Who needs accuracy when its always critical hit ?
    @Riggs
    Enjoy your vacation

• DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    The silence from NG is deafening :)

Certainly it would be nice to have a little more clarity.
    I_Am_PsychoPigBenis
    @Jenng - we're in full agreement on this one!
    Bill_ZRT said:

Personally, I don't like that it seems like you have to spend 8k in gold (2x distance resets per week at the cost of 800g per week for 10 weeks) to earn this reward.

And I sure hope that if you miss a reset or a daily quest or an offering in the TG store (because... you know... real life happens sometimes) that you can make up those 'lost' tokens in one of the special events. Otherwise I'm imagining that the forums will see an outburst of profanity only rivaled the reaction of Cleveland when LeBron left for Miami.

Jenng
  • SgtMoSgtMo Member Posts: 7
    Bill_ZRT said:

This is exactly why I would encourage NG to get out in front of this now to make sure that people have the right expectations. You're right - a person who spends massive amounts of time and resources in game including 6k+ gold on distance resets but who misses the 3k tokens by a few is going to be extremely unhappy at the end of the event.

I agree. I would like to know if playing the hard mode distance twice (4 times a week) is required to get the legendary RPG. If it isn't obtainable playing the normal mode, don't let us waste our gold to find out.

I will be furious if I spend all my gold thinking I have a chance, only to find out I never had a chance.

NG needs to just come out and say whether hard mode is necessary or not.
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    Hey again!

Some more answers to some more questions:

- Without any events, the only way to get the Legendary RPG is by restarting the Hard Mode Distance twice a week. So all those calculations above are correct and 300 Summer Tokens is the maximum you can get in a normal week.

- The Tokens from events will be added on top of what we are already giving. The exact number, as I answered in one of PB questions, is not yet set because we'll be based on the player's progress throughout the event. We should be having the first event in a couple of days after this weekend.

- The purpose of the events is to encourage players that missed some tokens, arrived late or want to claim the rewards faster.

- Unlike the latest community event, we are not going to extend the Summer of Explosions if players haven't collected enough tokens, so make sure you are collecting as many tokens as you can. Getting the Legendary RPG shouldn't be easy.

Hope it helps! (:
    General_Pain
    edited June 2018
    If we HAVE to pay for it then, I'm just not going to bother working harder to just not be able to quite get there.

I have the maximum possible from the first week without resetting, so that doesn't make me a low level player who might not be able to reach certain targets.

Edit: But thanks for clarifying. I know I can take time off now without actually losing anything. I was never going to able to get it anyway.

WalkerRon
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606

If we HAVE to pay for it then, I'm just not going to bother working harder to just not be able to quite get there.

I have the maximum possible from the first week without resetting, so that doesn't make me a low level player who might not be able to reach certain targets.

Edit: But thanks for clarifying. I know I can take time off now without actually losing anything. I was never going to able to get it anyway.

I agree. Its a little disappointing to know playing the distance twice a week and doing all quests plus decent in the challenge most likely wont get the leg rpg. but at least @Kaz is upfront about it now. Hopefully the events will make up the difference for those that don't want to spend 8000 gold + needed gas to get the 300 per week.
    WalkerRon
    To be honest I feel there needs to be a guarantee that people playing hard enough to get 246 per week WILL get enough tokens from special events, if they play their normal game.

Otherwise it's all about convincing enough people to spend on this to keep shareholders happy.

Because those special events are key to this, it needs to be decided PDQ, and explained to us please.

WalkerRon