Are You On Pace for Legendary Daryl's RPG?

Comments

• CarlseyeCarlseye Member Posts: 107
    I do not recall the 20 tokens at the start. Though it may have happened.

Can someone else come in that has at least 300? Math shows I shouldn't have 300 from what I am reading, and no one else has yet posted that they have hit 300. I feel like as active as everyone is in here, I wouldn't be the only 300.

To clarify, all my Distance missions have been done on normal
    whitek111DLich
  • whitek111whitek111 Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2018
    There could be more @Carlseye if some have done the hard distance twice both times. Are you able to get to the second round of summer tokens on hard distance because if you can you seem more than willing to spend the gold on resetting and you'll get your 300 every week. But even if you dont reseting the normal distance twice will get you close that whatever NG has planned for events I'm sure you'll reach the 3000.
    whitek111 said:

There could be more @Carlseye if some have done the hard distance twice both times. Are you able to get to the second round of summer tokens on hard distance because if you can you seem more than willing to spend the gold on resetting and you'll get your 300 every week. But even if you dont reseting the normal distance twice will get you close that whatever NG has planned for events I'm sure you'll reach the 3000.

I am not sure I could get to the 2nd token on hard mode both times. That's why I just stick with the sure thing
    DLichDodkong
    @whitek111 Is that your Guild? Or are you in someone else's Guild and you just making up 40% of the production?
  • whitek111whitek111 Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2018
    It's my buddies guild but i like the people in it, idk if I could leave lol, I've already thought about if I stay in it I'll need to reset the hard distance 7 times to be on target of people that obtain all tokens the without reset but I have the gold to do it. Plus not sure if its worth doing yet until i see some of these events and if i can make the 3k. I'm only going to be missing out on 200 summer tokens and really only 180 since I got the 20 bonus tokens.

Also on a side note my 10,000 gold is all free to play. I never really use my gold for anything aside from reseting the distance when they have the increase rewards for legendary components or maybe refilling my gas every once in a blue moon or opening the last 3 crates.
    Carlseye
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited June 2018
    I didn't get any extra summer tokens at the beginning of the event last week and I'm at 246. Hard Distance twice, no reset. No summer token target missed and nothing extra...

I'm with everyone else here, if some players did get extra summer tokens, everyone should get those same extra summer tokens.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Bill_ZRT said:

MadPuppy - I like and respect you, but I have to agree with @I_Am_Psycho on this one. If you had a credit card that gave you airline miles and the airline/credit card company didn’t tell you exactly how you earned miles (or, in this case, they told you some of the ways, but not all of the ways) then how could you possible calculate if you’d earn enough miles to take that fall vacation you wanted? You’d want to know all the rules so you could make a decision if the annual fee and charges you’d have to make was worth it.

@Bill_ZRT

If I'm in that situation, I don't plan a vacation before I know I have miles to cover it. And I certainly don't make extra purchases to up my miles to get what I need sooner. Why bother with miles at that point? Just spend the money on the tickets and go.

Translated, don't waste money on resetting the Distance. If one wants the RPG badly enough to spend 80 bucks on resets, employ some willpower and wait for it to be sold in a bundle at approximately 1/3 to 1/4 of what one would have spent on the resets.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited June 2018
    The extra 20 Summer Tokens that some players have are not a problem. Truth is, they shouldn't have received that, but it seems that they have claimed their previous challenge rewards after the event was on, so those players got some "bonus" tokens.

We are not taking those tokens from them because 20 tokens, in the long run, won't make any difference. They will probably collect some rewards some minutes before the rest of the players. Or maybe they can take a Monday off and don't collect their summer tokens from Daily Quests and Trade Goods Shop. :P

Anyway, It seems that a lot of the same questions are being asked in multiple threads, so check my answers in this thread as well! :smiley:

• WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    edited June 2018
    I am in agreement with psycho here.

I have a bad feeling about this summer event. And the way it was hyped and advertised. Normally events such as these are designed in a way to get people to be active and reward dedicated active players.

If requiring players to pay money then it should be stated upfront. If you're going to be a free to play a game then have free to play events. If you are going to offer soemthing that requires money then put it in the money shop. Don't mislead customers. This summer isn't going to end well if things are dangled in front of them and then at the end pull a rug from under them and tell them sorry you didn't win cuz you didn't spend money.
  • haydenfisherhaydenfisher Member Posts: 66
    Not a fan of this event. Yes it's making me play but, the uncertainty is frustrating. If I play everyday do everything every week and I come up short because I didn't reset the distance I'm going to be pissed. So far my calculations show I'm going to fall short. Very frustrating and it ruins the event for me. Makes me feel like it's money driven and not player driven. I've given hundreds of dollars to this game. If I play everyday damn day, I deserve the weapon. Again that's my opinion.
    WalkerRonbababooey
    Here's the thing. Hard mode - node 16 isn't exactly easy to reach by everybody. It may be for some players, but its still a huge challenge to do. There may be some weeks where even the dedicated and active players might fail to reach 16.

The option to 'reset' the distance should only be there for players who miss the mark. Being active and doing everything (without spending) should be the baseline for an event for 'free to play games.

I play a game called Settlers Online. And BlueByte for the past 8-10 years of doing their events have always been generous and awesome. Their calendar items are always free and if you do all their events, you will be able to get what you need. If you miss a day, you have to pay 'gems' to catch up to fill in the gap. But just being active and participating and doing reasonable things (challenges included) should be enough. Spending money should be a catch up or a fill in the gap because you missed something or failed in one area of the challenge but can pay to make up for the difference is acceptable.

But being super active and doing everything and then on top of that required to pay is just a bad way of designing free to play events. And what's worst is NOT making the information known up front at the start of the event- and bait and switch people near the end. That's just beyond unreasonable if not shady.
    Danski_46atty_ayris2m
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    > @Bill_ZRT said:
    > @MadPuppy - I like and respect you, but I have to agree with @I_Am_Psycho on this one. If you had a credit card that gave you airline miles and the airline/credit card company didn’t tell you exactly how you earned miles (or, in this case, they told you some of the ways, but not all of the ways) then how could you possible calculate if you’d earn enough miles to take that fall vacation you wanted? You’d want to know all the rules so you could make a decision if the annual fee and charges you’d have to make was worth it.
    >

Excellent point! Looking at it that way makes me want to know more too. :)
    Before somebody starts going off and saying how we don't appreciate the event.

I will explain why I'm upset over the way this event was portrayed and advertised.

In the game it says "WIN" A Legendary RPG. The words "WIN" here misleads players to believe that they can 'earn' it with skill.
    Otherwise it should just be advertised as "PAY" for a legendary RPG! instead. All prizes under the 3000 mark can be "win/earned". "legendary" RPG = pay.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @WalkerRon
    I've seen like everyone else the current number of tokens will not be enough for the Leg. RPG but like everyone else I do not know how many tokens will be offered in the special events, I don't know if some weeks there will be more tokens available nor I have read anything that suggests I will have to pay, for the Leg. RPG.

In your statement above you are suggesting that a player can't win the Legendary RPG, they will have to pay and the word 'win' in the promotion is misleading.

Without knowing what tokens will be available in special events wouldn't saying that players have to pay be misleading? Unless you know something I don't know??

I personally will wait to see what the special events will provide. I'd love to know how many tokens will be offered in advance but it's clear that information is not even known by NG and stated it will be based on players progress.

I don't intend to give players false hope but saying a player will have to pay is not something anyone can know for sure.

I personally will not be paying cash or playing resests on the distance. (unless gold fragments are on offer)

I'll continue to play as I usually do and collect every token I possibly can.
    I will not stress if I don't get the Legendary RPG but if I collect every token possible and find it's impossible to obtain the Legendary RPG without spending or the distance resets, I will definitely consider leaving the game.
    (I believe I'm not alone on my last point.)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    WellyLugajimmorrison369Kratos
    edited June 2018
    TJS said:

@WalkerRon

I've seen like everyone else the current number of tokens will not be enough for the Leg. RPG but like everyone else I do not know how many tokens will be offered in the special events, I don't know if some weeks there will be more tokens available nor I have read anything that suggests I will have to pay, for the Leg. RPG.

There was a posting by Kaz suggesting that you will have to pay "via resetting the distances".

The already KNOW the exact numbers for the 3000 and it is requiring to reset the distances twice a week.
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    > @WalkerRon said:
    > Here's the thing. Hard mode - node 16 isn't exactly easy to reach by everybody. It may be for some players, but its still a huge challenge to do. There may be some weeks where even the dedicated and active players might fail to reach 16.

It's also a challenge determined by hero/ survivor level. If you've been dedicated and active for the last 9-12 months but have lv21 survivors then node 16 is virtually impossible once, let alone twice.
    TJS said:

I will not stress if I don't get the Legendary RPG but if I collect every token possible and find it's impossible to obtain the Legendary RPG without spending or the distance resets, I will definitely consider leaving the game.

(I believe I'm not alone on my last point.)

Agreed. If I have to spend or reset distances then yea- I'm quitting the game.

It's another story to miss the distance a week or a day or miss something like a daily or challenge, then having to pay to reset the distance to make up for a missed token that is my fault for not actively playing - i'm okay with that because its my fault. But if by design, I'm forced to pay for a distance reset- then I'm not okay with that.
    DrUnpleasantTJS
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited June 2018
    @WalkerRon
    I saw the post but I don't read anything saying that I will "have" to play distance resets. Maybe it's just my interpretation.

Edit to add.
    This from Kaz's post;

- Without any events, the only way to get the Legendary RPG is by restarting the Hard Mode Distance twice a week. So all those calculations above are correct and 300 Summer Tokens is the maximum you can get in a normal week.

The words I'm seeing here are "Without any events" & we know there will be events so again, I don't read this as I will have to play resets of the distance. Again, maybe that's just my interpretation.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    WellyLugajimmorrison369DLichdeb1hd
    Kaz said:

Hey again!

Some more answers to some more questions:

- Without any events, the only way to get the Legendary RPG is by restarting the Hard Mode Distance twice a week. So all those calculations above are correct and 300 Summer Tokens is the maximum you can get in a normal week.

- The Tokens from events will be added on top of what we are already giving. The exact number, as I answered in one of PB questions, is not yet set because we'll be based on the player's progress throughout the event. We should be having the first event in a couple of days after this weekend.

- The purpose of the events is to encourage players that missed some tokens, arrived late or want to claim the rewards faster.

- Unlike the latest community event, we are not going to extend the Summer of Explosions if players haven't collected enough tokens, so make sure you are collecting as many tokens as you can. Getting the Legendary RPG shouldn't be easy.

Hope it helps! (:

300 Summer Tokens per week - INCLUDES/requires you to reset distances twice per week.

"- The purpose of the events is to encourage players that missed some tokens, arrived late or want to claim the rewards faster."

It says the special events is for players that "missed some tokens". <- SOME Tokens.

What I'm reading here is that these special events aren't going to make up for "ALL of the missed tokens" related to NOT resetting.
    Translation here is you ARE going to be required to do MOST of the distance resetting.
    Basically, the all Special events needs to provide at least 540 tokens. (640 tokens for those playing normal distance without resetting) to make up for being active and not having to reset distance.

Based on how stingy the amounts are so far, I highly doubt the special events will amount to that by the end of the summer.
    DLich
    edited June 2018
    💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ need I say more?????
    💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 I guess I do....
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 382
    @Kaz to save your and our time, can you just simply answer yes/no to below question:

If I collect all daily tokens, all challenge tokens, all hard distance tokens (without resetting), all TG tokens + all special events tokens will I finish with 3000 tokens?
    WalkerRonI_Am_PsychoDanski_46
    edited June 2018
    ignas said:

@Kaz to save your and our time, can you just simply answer yes/no to below question:

If I collect all daily tokens, all challenge tokens, all hard distance tokens (without resetting), all TG tokens + all special events tokens will I finish with 3000 tokens?

THIS.

Just a simple YES or NO. This will save me a lot of time so I can quit the game sooner than wait until the end of the summer.

If the answer is NO. This is why I'm going to quit the game. NOT because I can't obtain the RPG but simply the fact that we have to dig this information and push NG to provide us this information now. It's like what somebody else was saying earlier. I would like to know what my fees are before applying for a credit card. I don't like hidden charges or hidden fees. I don't like supporting shady companies because if the answer was NO all along, this means they KNEW players wouldn't be able to obtain it without spending money and thus creating a "panic" spending environment towards the end of the summer when all special events are over and players realized that it was not possible to obtain at the end of it all. And then posting cash grab bundles or posting token for sales event to get people to spend money. I've seen panic farm tactics used by other mobile game companies with their Legendary Special events. They don't post advance notice on which characters people should farm ahead up time, and then post requirements the day of the event release and people realized they don't have enough time to obtain all the requirements - forcing people to pay for bundles to fill in the gap. Those who were lucky and had the farming already had an advantage. "panic farming" = cash grab.

I would have no problem at all if this information was made available earlier at the start of the event during the first week BEFORE the distance event. I wouldn't care if the RPG wasn't obtainable and was posted with a price tag on it saying, you can earn all these rewards being active. But the golden version you are going to need to spend money. I wouldn't make a fuss. I'll accept the information and continue my play as normal. What's upsetting is investing time into something without any information and then realizing it wasn't possible obtain to begin with last minute.
    DLich
  • Andy_bAndy_b Member Posts: 107
    Reading all these comments is just hillarious! End of the world stuff
    DodkongWalkerRonI_Am_PsychoDLichjrodrf2bigbeanoWellyLuga
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    edited June 2018
    ignas said:

From what @Kaz said in the other thread, there's no answer to that because they haven't calibrated the number of special event tokens they're going to offer yet. Interestingly, there was also a suggestion that the 20 extra tokens a (very) few people have wouldn't make much difference.

The exact number, as I answered in one of PB questions, is not yet set because we'll be based on the player's progress throughout the event.

All in all, none of us know what the hell is going on. I want that Legendary RPG for sure, and hoped that it would be achievable through hard grinding all challenges, completing all normal distance (without resets) and picking up extra tokens in the trade shop and events. If it's not then I'll be disappointed - after all, the whole event is marketed using that RPG and ain't no-one going to be using the green version.

Kaz said it's won't be easy. Sure, that's fair enough - but easy is a long way from being "impossible without spending $$$", especially if you're not in a position to hit Hard node 16.
    CBgaming1969WalkerRon

ignas said:

From what @Kaz said in the other thread, there's no answer to that because they haven't calibrated the number of special event tokens they're going to offer yet. Interestingly, there was also a suggestion that the 20 extra tokens a (very) few people have wouldn't make much difference.

The exact number, as I answered in one of PB questions, is not yet set because we'll be based on the player's progress throughout the event.

Your logic DrUnpleasant makes no sense here. The ANSWER actually should be a simple yes or no.
    Why can't it be answered? Calibrating the tokens you get from the special event goes either one way or another. It allows them to tweak their intentions. The answer to the question reveals their intention.

If they WANT players to be able to achieve the RPG by playing normally given the specifications in his question is straight forward. They'll curve the special event token earnings to be a YES.

If the answer is NO, then that means they WANT players to spend money on resetting distances.

Basing it on Player progression throughout the event just means they'll try to curve the special events to either players can achieve it without spending money. Or curving it so players must spend a certain amount of money.

Maybe his question should be rephrased like so:

"Do NG intend for us to PAY for distance resetting or not." to obtain the RPG?.

That is basically a simple yes or no.
    DLichignas