Flaming Crossbow Query

1. Is it chance to set on fire at every single attack including charge or charge only?
2. Is that ignition possibility due to increase by survivors luck?
3. Does the charge attack is same as other hunter weapons, critical hit?
msapaev

Comments

• WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    edited June 2018
    Based on what i'm seeing tho. It appears to be worst than a regular hunter weapon that have a golden ignite chance (50%).
    The purpose of having a weapon with ignite is well to set something on fire and let the fire damage do the work (mainly for distance runs on the higher nodes or outpost defender.)

And since the shop doesn't reveal the damage value of the weapon level 24. I can't tell if the weapon does more or less damage than my other hunter weapon base level 24.

This goes back to the thread I posted in the bug section about how weapons being sold in the shops for $ doesn't display damage value.

If you can display us the weapons level. you should be able to display to us the damage number for that level.
    (I know everybody will have different levels showing up for them. so it should be showing you damage level for YOUR level).

It's hard to judge weather its worth buying the weapon without more information. I don't want to have to sit around and wait for somebody to be the first Guinea pig buyer and search on the web for info on the weapon. That's just silly.

I was disappointed to learn the Kingdom Spear had a LOWER damage value than a regular scout weapon.
    bladgierDrunkenTimboski
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,960
    Question 4.

What's it's base damage on lvl 24?
    WalkerRonmik81
    bladgier said:

Question 4.

What's it's base damage on lvl 24?

:smile: Had to give you a Thumbs up for that. :)
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @bladgier it has the same damage like every other hunter rifle.
    The incendiary trait works like a normal incendiary rifle.
    Chance to set enemies on fire with every attack, normal hunter charge attack.

The only question I can't answer, if it is affected by luck.
    I have the same question too.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Well the difference between the incendiary trait and the flaming crossbow special functionality is that the crossbow basically has 4 traits unless they nerfed its base damage then it would be a lower level with 4 traits! That is if I'm reading it right and it doesn't matter if it's a charged attack or not.
    David_H79
    I think NG needs to do a better job pimping out their weapons $ shop by providing more information to get players to drool over and want to buy something. Lack of information and forcing players to leave the game (and the shop screen) to research = reduced money they could be earning from impulse buyers.
    mik81SPC_TORRES
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited June 2018
    I don't purchase weapons, except through the tradeshop. The hoopla on the flaming crossbow is supposedly it will kill more walkers than a normal hunter weapon will.

I don't know if that is true, but that was what NG was saying when talking it up in the lead up to making it available.

I have large caliber and gold incendiary and damage on a legendary rifle, but since I will not purchase it...I can not test if NG's claim is true...

Edited...it actually has 4 traits instead of just 3!!! Wow, now that is awesome and please @Kaz get them to put it in the tradeshop soon!!!!!
  • KryptCreep3rKryptCreep3r Member Posts: 11

Krypt
    msapaevShadowaceAz
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606
    Is it available now? Can someone post a pic? Cant open the game now and my curiosity is getting the best of me :smiley:
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2018
    Some people are so eager to post thangs that they end up posting misinformation. Make sure you do your own due diligence and decide for yourself.
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606
    That looks awesome! So normal hunter weapon PLUS chance to ignite? I'd happily spend some real money if they start creating weapons with essentially 4 traits.
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    That's probably why one of the gold traits is Damage, since it doesn't add a ton anyway.
    Black Labs Matter.

I don't purchase weapons, except through the tradeshop. The hoopla on the flaming crossbow is supposedly it will kill more walkers than a normal hunter weapon will.

I don't know if that is true, but that was what NG was saying when talking it up in the lead up to making it available.

I have large caliber and gold incendiary and damage on a legendary rifle, but since I will not purchase it...I can not test if NG's claim is true...

Edited...it actually has 4 traits instead of just 3!!! Wow, now that is awesome and please @Kaz get them to put it in the tradeshop soon!!!!!

You'll have to decide if 'more damage' from the skull is actually going to be better than a LARGE Caliber (0.5) with 50% chance Golden Ignite. is better than a 45% chance special functionality that's only (0.4 caliber).
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    Agree on it needing that trait to be a good weapon...still won't pay $ for it until I can level it up indefinitely.
    Black Labs Matter.
    DrUnpleasantWalkerRon
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    So @bladgier , are you buying weapon or not? ;)
    Kaz said:

1 - Any attack (both normal and charged) has 45% chance to set your enemies on fire
    2 - No, Lucky doesn't increase the chances of triggering its special ability

Hmm. Something people might want to think twice about before buying this weapon.

45% FLAT chance of igniting. Lucky doesn't increase the chance.

Considering that the PRIMARY purpose of any fire weapon is to really light your target on fire (damage being a secondary purpose)-
    It might be better to farm for a regular Hunter Weapon with golden fire trait (50%chance) with lucky stats on it and reduced body shots.
    At least you will have a better chance of igniting your target (specifically for Distance runs)
    msapaevSPC_TORRESromeo
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,766
    It's a Firm........ No !
    I need armor not weapons...... IMHO : with season 9 heading our way..... and most likely a council update.
    For me I can get and extra inch out of armor 1 size too small, better than I can a weapon 1 size too small.

But like I said.... that's me.

DBones
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,084
    I really want to like this, I really do. However 45% ignition chance doesn't do it for me, especially since my primary fire stick has 50% chance to ignite and 20% lucky. If my hunters with luck have this weapon the ignition chance is 70% or greater (depending on level of survivor). Since luck does not impact this weapon it makes it more of a novelty for me although I do readily admit the traits are solid....but not moreso than other rifles I have.
    SPC_TORRESWalkerRon
    edited June 2018
    @kamilowaty yes I am 😀

I only need to know if luck affects that weapon @Kaz please

Edit:
    Nvm Kaz has answered

Thank a lot Kaz!
    DrunkenkamilowatyTJS
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,084
    You mean like he did above?

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,081
    bladgier said:

@kamilowaty yes I am 😀

I only need to know if luck affects that weapon @Kaz please

bladgier said:

1. Is it chance to set on fire at every single attack including charge or charge only?

2. Is that ignition possibility due to increase by survivors luck?

3. Does the charge attack is same as other hunter weapons, critical hit?
    1 - Any attack (both normal and charged) has 45% chance to set your enemies on fire
    2 - No, Lucky doesn't increase the chances of triggering its special ability
    3 - Yes

Jesus Christ u guys are fast 😀

I know I realized he did answer, check out my edit.
    TJSI_Am_PsychoShadowaceAzmsapaev
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,081
    @Cronus

The answer is Yes working as intended
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    @WalkerRon , since I will never purchase it except with tg's I won't have to decide anything. If it's in the tradeshop for tg's I will scoop it up and play with it...