Passes impacting summer explosions tokens

Unintended consequences. Without the lower level grind I am finding it near to impossible to get the summer of explosions tokens at higher levels. I have level 22 survivors with mostly upgraded weapons and armor and find it impossible to get above level 27, much less through it. What this means is I have to leave some tokens on the table. Probability of getting the legendary RPG is looking slim. I believe the option of forgoing the round passes would be beneficial during this event as it will for other future events.
Deathwish19PigBenisI_Am_PsychoEL34xyzbigbeanoPic

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Curious, why do you need to get beyond RSL 27 for tokens?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

GovernatorI_Am_Psycho
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited July 2018
    Round passes or not, you'd still need to reach 500 stars so I don't understand your complaint.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    PigBenisGovernatorI_Am_PsychoJayZ
  • AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100
    I'm as curious as ShadowaceAz
    I am Lower level than you @thew_robert as i only have lvl 21 survivors. Yet i believe i am on target (pun intended :lol: )
    There are 15 in my guild we have no problem hitting 6500 our for June:8384.25 stars per challenge and as Governator said maybe worth looking for another guild, (Inbox me if your interested in joining us)

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

• AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100
    Put your glasses on :lol:

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

• thew_robertthew_robert Member Posts: 46
    Clarification, I need to complete 8, I believe, challenge rounds to get the additional tokens in the daily quests, can’t get through level 27. Sorry wasn’t clear here. Also I am a quild of one, prefer it that way.
    alnod
    edited July 2018

(snipped) Also I am a quild of one, prefer it that way.

Round Passes are not your problem with getting tokens. Your hurdle is more in the lack of others helping you reach 6,500 ✰'s per Challenge. Unless, well, you are the leaderboard.
    Concordia

I_Am_PsychoMattOfEarth
    @ShadowaceAz I would have to agree. Does this mean the event is slanted, without a quild you probably won’t hit that benchmark?
    MattOfEarth
    Not slanted at all. It was clearly stated early on that NG was going to run a Summer event geared towards guilds. This whole Summer Explosions event is designed for being in a guild unlike all the weekly events that are based on individual player survivors.
    Concordia

I_Am_Psychomik81
    Sorry, for the second part? Absolutely, imho there will be no way to achieve the required tokens unless you are in a guild. I'm pretty sure from what I've seen posted by @DLich and others, even if you beat Hard Distance with resets, you will fall short on tokens.

Well, maybe??
    According to the shown data:
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/35246/legendary-daryls-rpg-progression-thread/p1

You will be missing out on
    20 earning 1800 guild stars
    20 earning 6500 guild stars

So that's 40 a week.
    Around 400 tokens during the course of the event and from what I see even though who get the Guild rewards and defeat Hard Mode Distance are concerned that they will be short the total 3000 tokens without resets.
    Concordia

@ShadowaceAz thanks for the clarification. In the future I will view these events as an unachievable goal, like the legendary Carol, and just aim to get what I can and call it good. Much appreciated.
    alnod
    Well, keep in mind everything said above, by me, is my interpretation of what I've read so far on the topic.

🤙🏻
    Concordia

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @thew_robert
    Of course you will struggle to reach the legendary RPG in a guild on your own.
    If you want to stay in a guild on your own and get the leg. RPG I suggest you repeat every Distance.

Your missing so many rewards begin in a guild on your own in general.

The purpose of being in a guild is working together with others to achieve better rewards.

Guild meaning;
    * an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.
    synonyms: association, society, union, league, alliance, coalition, federation, consortium, syndicate, combine, trust, organization, company, cooperative, partnership, fellowship, club, order, lodge, sisterhood, sorority, brotherhood, fraternity.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    ShadowaceAzJenngSPC_TORRES
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,663
    Yeah, I mean assuming you push to your limit and are not freeloading, being in a guild with like minded people is basically free radios, TG's and RPG tokens every week. Who doesn't like free things?!

You don't even have to say anything, or look at the chat, I'm sure there will be many guilds out there who would accept someone who silently gets ~800* week in, week out. But everyone has the right to play the game as they wish :smile:
    MrsScattercushionmsrebecca
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I'm not seeing how this can be right. I'm not even properly at level 22 yet. A handful trained up, and not the best weapons available to upgrade. And just to remove some doubt I included 28.3 clearance screenshot.

I started with 8RP. I stopped at 8RP, and it wasn't even difficult at that point. In fact RP help you get there quicker so you can spend more time at the pub if you want.

This is also with an accidental start level increase, which would more likely impact on ability to reach usual scoring range (1099 is max on new scoring system so far and I could have gone on if I'd wanted this week).

Therefore it should be possible to get to 500 without breaking a sweat. I'm guessing it might be worth reviewing what traits you are using.

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    thew_robert
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    No one is dropping any round pases over here
    You can just forget about that crap :)
    I_Am_PsychoPicmack22
    EL34xyz said:

No one is dropping any round pases over here
    You can just forget about that crap :)

Although I did consider it (for about 0.01 of a second), to play more rounds with tomatoes as potential rewards.

RP DOES negatively impact on that, but not with regard to summer tokens.

• PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    Join a guild! Taking anti social to an entirely new level. Not taking my Rps buddy 🤔 this guy jeesh.. 😔
    mack22TJSbigbeanoI_Am_Psycho
    @I_Am_Psycho usually take my hero assaults, I’m the blow ‘em to heck kind of guy😀
    Shannara
    @thew_robert
    Then it's your strategy that's making life hard for you in this case. That would be another reason to join a guild, as that would provide advice as well as summer tokens.

True enough, I use a normal 7☆ survivor assault even on RSL29 last week, but her weapon is identical to the epic one you haven't assigned (silver spread, gold piercing). But for challenges I rarely take her out till late, because it rarely makes sense to take 2 assaults out, and I use Governer for farming.

So your problem is over-dependence on assaults and far too much XP wasted upgrading weapons that won't benefit you.

whitek111
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited July 2018
    I just want to mention that although with the round passes, you do start at a higher difficulty and so much closer to your max for regular players...those bonus rounds you get with the round passes gives you more stars than you would get without them...it's simple mathematics 📚❌➕✔

I just want to mention that although with the round passes, you do start at a higher difficulty and so much closer to your max for regular players...those bonus rounds you get with the round passes gives you more stars than you would get without them...it's simple mathematics 📚❌➕✔

(sigh) Sadly I was never one to use the words "simple" and "mathematics" in the same sentence. However, I finally got on the boat and was convinced the numbers work. 🤨
    Concordia

CBgaming1969bigbeano
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited July 2018
    Me neither @ShadowaceAz 🤣🤣🤣
    I really want to post "simple mathematics" youtube video now after Googling it. But scared it would get me jail bars. B)

ShadowaceAzCBgaming1969SPC_TORRESbigbeano

I really want to post "simple mathematics" youtube video now after Googling it. But scared it would get me jail bars. B)

Making me pay for Aquafina?

Concordia

CBgaming1969SPC_TORRESI_Am_Psycho