Are You On Pace for Legendary Daryl's RPG?

Comments

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited June 2018

> @WalkerRon said:

> Here's the thing. Hard mode - node 16 isn't exactly easy to reach by everybody. It may be for some players, but its still a huge challenge to do. There may be some weeks where even the dedicated and active players might fail to reach 16.

It's also a challenge determined by hero/ survivor level. If you've been dedicated and active for the last 9-12 months but have lv21 survivors then node 16 is virtually impossible once, let alone twice.

It's defintely very hard with level 21 survivors (2 * lvl 22), but definitely doable. I've routinely done it with lvl 21s depending on who the tokens are for.

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Danski_46
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    edited June 2018

It's defintely very hard with level 21 survivors (2 * lvl 22), but definitely doable. I've routinely done it with lvl 21s depending on who the tokens are for.

Fair enough - I guess it would need the right gear set-up though? I tried hard Distance soon after hitting 21 and didn't (still don't) have the best gear for it - incendiary etc. I guess my original point still stands, that putting more tokens in Hard distance provides greater difficulty to non-Max level players.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    Completing the Distance node starting from the legendary armor and weapon is definitely a challenge. I know it used to be a struggle for me every week to complete just past the weapon. Getting pass 16 is not something I can manage to pull off consistently. There have been a lot of times where I just can't get past it cuz of lack of survivors on hand or gas- mainly gas. This is why resetting distance and expecting players to get past 16 is a bit of an unrealistic stretch because it DOES require spending money to pop the unlimited gas can. (and even more so, on Saturday, the daily requires doing 12 challenges and 6 distances which by that point challenge nodes cost 5 gas. it's very difficult to do everything AND resetting distance given the gas limitation.)
    Undertaker
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    WalkerRon said:

<

Calibrating the tokens you get from the special event goes either one way or another. It allows them to tweak their intentions. The answer to the question reveals their intention.

This..... This a million times!!!

I'm glad I wasn't the only person who read it that way. One thing's for sure... these special "events" will not be able to count on regarding "same" types.

Just because you earn 100 summer tokens in one type of summer event NG throws doesn't mean you will earn that same amount the next one. If players are close they might up the summer tokens output so more players get it. If players aren't close they might lower the amount.

Regardless they are in control of who gets them. I need 640 summer tokens to earn the legendary one based on my calculation of earning everything I can free for 10 weeks and not resetting any distance and only playing normal mode. I would think it's fair enough, at this point, beginning week 2, to let me, and other players know, if I infact have any chance of earning the 640 tokens I will be short in any "events"

I don't care the frequency in which I earn this "missing" 640 tokens. I'd like to know if I have any remote chance of NG being nice enough to let me earn 640 in it's events they have planned :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    WalkerRonKratosI_Am_PsychoMattOfEarth
    DLich said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only person who read it that way. One thing's for sure... these special "events" will not be able to count on regarding "same" types.

I don't care the frequency in which I earn this "missing" 640 tokens. I'd like to know if I have any remote chance of NG being nice enough to let me earn 640 in it's events they have planned :)

I'm glad to see somebody else understands what's going on.

NG saying they don't know how many tokens are going to be offered in their special event is just really shady way of saying.

Translation: "We're still deciding how much money we want to make from the players near the end of the summer".

"We're going to monitor player progression to decide if we want to give out 640 tokens or LESS if too many people have been active".

I'm still waiting on the answer to the simple question @Kaz

Does NG intend for us to PAY for distance resetting during this event at all? (simple yes or no will do.)

"Win A Legendary RPG" advertisement in the game should then be adjusted to PAY for a Legendary RPG!".
    Get it? Pay 2 Win.
    Kaz said:

ignas said:

@Kaz to save your and our time, can you just simply answer yes/no to below question:

If I collect all daily tokens, all challenge tokens, all hard distance tokens (without resetting), all TG tokens + all special events tokens will I finish with 3000 tokens?

Yes.
    Excellent. How about Normal Distance? :)
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited June 2018
    TJS said:

I'm willing to bet if you collect all tokens available you'll get the legendary RPG without spending cash, gold or distance resets.

Well crap, I was right. ^^^
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    jimmorrison369JadenI_Am_Psycho
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    I am at whatever 500 stars got me... @Kaz am I on pace for the weapon?
    edited June 2018
    Kaz said:

Kaz said:

ignas said:

@Kaz to save your and our time, can you just simply answer yes/no to below question:

If I collect all daily tokens, all challenge tokens, all hard distance tokens (without resetting), all TG tokens + all special events tokens will I finish with 3000 tokens?

Yes.
    Excellent. How about Normal Distance? :)
    Yes, the events should take care of that. But be sure to play the game every day then!
    Drunken said:

I am at whatever 500 stars got me... @Kaz am I on pace for the weapon?

That means that you are getting the maximum number of tokens from your personal challenge rewards. Are you in an active guild currently? They should reach at least 6500 stars weekly. Check the Summer of Explosions to learn where you can find summer tokens during the event/week! :smiley:
    Well this is great news then! @Kaz

So my understanding then is that the Special Events will reward at least "650 tokens". (total amount rewarded by all special events outside of the normal routines).
    (which is the amount needed for players who do NORMAL distance without paying for resets.)

I'm going to also assume that the special events earning 650 tokens+ doesn't include paying any gold either. (for example, not having to pay for additional attempts or resets).
    @kaz yep I am in a guild I joined to do nothing but earn a few radios incase I decided to ever fully commit back. Small free rewards are better than no rewards. This past week was first time I hit 500 stars since umm like Jan
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Kaz I'm an end-game player but most of my Guild is not. I'll have no problem with 2x (probably Normal to save the stress/gas) Distance, 500 Challenge Stars, DQs, and TG Summer Tokens -- but we will routinely fall short of that sweet, final, 6500 Guild mark. This scenario puts me at 200 fewer tokens than the rest of the end-gamers, but I'm not going to abandon my Guild because they can't hit the mark.

I appreciate your being so forthcoming with everyone's questions, and would ask you to be so one more time for people in my situation (few though they may be):

Will people who earn all f2p tokens but do NOT get the 20 from the 6500 Guild Reward be able to get the RPG (playing events of course)? Will Normal vs. Hard Distance be a deal-breaker there?
    @Kaz

thank you for the info.
    DrUnpleasant
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 632
    edited June 2018
    All I can think is that, yes, I will probably unlock this RPG towards the end. Then a Council upgrade will come, then the damn thing will just be available for purchase in the Fall.

Much ado about nothing.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    DrunkenSPC_TORRESTransmuteJun
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    > @Kaz said:
    > @Kaz to save your and our time, can you just simply answer yes/no to below question:
    >
    >
    >
    > If I collect all daily tokens, all challenge tokens, all hard distance tokens (without resetting), all TG tokens + all special events tokens will I finish with 3000 tokens?
    >
    > Yes.

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊
    I_Am_PsychoMattOfEarth

All I can think is that, yes, I will probably unlock this RPG towards the end. Then a Council upgrade will come, then the damn thing will just be available for purchase in the Fall.

Much ado about nothing.

Technically you will have at least enough time to upgrade it and use it once then the council upgrade will come out and you can then buy it again for 49.99
    MattOfEarthRWS
    Drunken said:

Much ado about nothing.

Technically you will have at least enough time to upgrade it and use it once then the council upgrade will come out and you can then buy it again for 49.99
    Why not $99.99? You gotta put on those NG shoes to think about pricing! Lol
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    Danski_46
    @MattOfEarth eh they have backed off the really shitty bundles now they are on the shitty to eh okay bundles
    MattOfEarthbigbeano
    I love me some @DLich spreadsheets, so I'm bumping this so it doesn't get buried. Sitting at 394 on my main account after 1 full Normal Distance, then a reset to Hard, and was too drunk to remember how far I got. Lol!

mik81SPC_TORRESdeb1hdDLich
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    so people thinks that even if they dont have summer holidays they might not get the weapon? bosses wont allow that to happen :pensive:

now more serious, how much tokens are u know? i ve playin all days, never reset the distance and never finish the hard one and i have 362 now,

good game to all!
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,227
    edited July 2018
    I have 412 tokens and I have 58 days 7 hours to get the remaining 2,588 summer tokens (45 tokens a day).

Based on Dlich calculations, I would be getting the following tokens each week:
    1. 106 from the Weekly Challenge
    2. 44 from playing Distance (Easy Mode. I don’t use gold for playing the distance multiple times. The difference between hard and easy is 10 per week, which would translate to 80 for the remaining days. So not a big dent)
    3. 70 from daily quests
    4. 16 from TG Shop
    This equals to 236 tokens each week or 1,955 tokens for the remaining days. At the end of the event, I would have 2,234 tokens, 633 tokens short.

Without the special events, a FTP player like me would be never reach the 3,000 mark for the legendary RPG.

I am hoping NG announces the special events soon.

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

General_Quatrebababooey
    zeeblack said:

I am hoping NG announces the special events soon.

Based on previous info from NG, I'd expect the first one in the next couple of days.

Undertakerzeeblack
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I'm pretty sure Kaz said there would be one this week after the challenge. Can’t find the post atm.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    CBgaming1969PigBenis