Rare RPG in action

RWSRWS Member Posts: 310
Just finished the rare RPG upgrade. Here it is on Challenge map Mash
El_Sargedeb1hdSCBMAHuttSlayer23DLichrudjawolmack22I_Am_PsychoJadenmsapaevMattOfEarthFingerfood

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited July 2018
    Is that upgraded or just straight of the shelf @RWS ?

Did you try it before upgrade?

What kind of badges are on your toter?
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 310
    The RPG is fully upgrade. The hunter has base damage of 6057 with badges. 3 damage badges, 1 critical damage and chance and 1 health badge. Didn't try it before upgrade.
    DLichMattOfEarth
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    Do you have an image of the upgraded damage stats of the RPG? It's suppose to be more (but I guess since it's rare maybe it's a wash compared to a lvl 27 upgraded legendary hunter weapon with the same traits)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    I'm showing rare RPG fully upgraded has base damage of 2169...versus legendary weapon at 2350. Be interested in what the legendary comes out at.
    DLichCBgaming1969Jaden
  • rudjawolrudjawol Member Posts: 34
    Legendary RPG damage 2531.
    I think the weapon is weak somehow.
    MattOfEarth
    I'm not sure what that 1st shot was either. But I agree with your assessment that it's needs piercing for it to be useful at higher levels.
    edited July 2018
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    From my understanding regarding how it works...

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    msapaev
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited July 2018
    @kaz can you watch @RWS video and answer a few questions?

I thought the hit or strike radius was supposed to be bigger as in up to 9 walkers with the central target being a guaranteed critical hit? The radius looks basically identical to the varmint blast to me from the video?

Do pink stars and or badges have any affect on the RPG? Or is it just what it is regardless of the hunter who uses it?

Doesn't it appear to be very underwhelming?

Will the legendary version be substantially better and stronger, causing more damage than the rare one is doing?
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,127
    Central target is guaranteed no bodyshot, not critical.
    mik81
  • Cansir_GenesisRusCansir_GenesisRus Member Posts: 14
    > @bladgier said:
    > Central target is guaranteed no bodyshot, not critical.

Yeah, but first shot on video is 6220 damage only. It’s not a critical hit.
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,268
    To get the most out of this weapon it would seem to me you'd want a hunter loaded with critical chance badges (finally a use for them). Daryl might be a good candidate or a hunter with sure shot. With Daryl's leadership trait you can at least move him and still have the benefit of increased critical chance (not like sure shot). Are the critical chance badges additive? Say my survivor has 45% greater critical chance and I have 40% critical chance in badges does that make 85%? How does it work with Daryl? Mine reads "30% more likely to be Critical Hits" so is there some base level of critical chance built in and if so how much is it? Crit chance maxes at 90% so wouldn't want to overload him (I have Legendary crit chance badges unassigned).
  • Cansir_GenesisRusCansir_GenesisRus Member Posts: 14
    > @RWS said:
    > Here's her stats

It better to use 3dmg + 3 critical dmg badges for RPG.
    And ofc ruthless is must have trait for this weapon
    rudjawol
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    Ruthless adds exactly 0. You don't have charge attacks...
    RWSjimmorrison369
    > @Cansir_GenesisRus said:
    > > @RWS said:
    > > Here's her stats
    >
    > It better to use 3dmg + 3 critical dmg badges for RPG.
    > And ofc ruthless is must have trait for this weapon
    >

I disagree. You need to do everything possible to turn that guaranteed non-body shot into a critical shot. Weapon has lucky and accurate so you'd want critical chance badges first to get to 90% cap. Then I'd think critical damage badges to maximize critical hit.
    PigBenis
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @Cronus

Base crit chance appears to he 10%

That and more info on critical hits here

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/249718/#Comment_249718

Ok, I tested the link and for some reason it takes you to the bottom of the page that the comment is on.

Here's a screen of the post

ShadowaceAz
    Thanks @DoTak
    DoTak
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,127
    > @Cansir_GenesisRus said:
    > > @bladgier said:
    > > Central target is guaranteed no bodyshot, not critical.
    >
    > Yeah, but first shot on video is 6220 damage only. It’s not a critical hit.
    >

How does that counter my comment?

6220 seems exactly like non bodyshot.

It's not a critical hit because it's not guaranteed, that's exactly what I've said 🤷‍♂️🤔
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 332
    that stinks if a regular walker can take 2 indirect hits and still be runnin around 😕
    CBgaming1969
    @DoTak it's interesting that I have this in my notes:

Critical Chance with Luck
    In contrast to other traits, Luck adds directly to the chance of a critical shot/hit.
    Crit Chance = minimum of: {(base chance + luck + accurate + Sure Shot or Powerstrike + Carol or Daryl), (90%)}

It seems what you have from Shteevie is different from that as luck is a multiplier, not additive.

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @Cronus

Yes, good point, I recall reading that.

Here is the initial comment by Shteevie, as well a follow up

Both on same page of the List of traits affected by luck thread
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/296667/#Comment_296667

It's also interesting that in regards to the question of the base crit chance, he states he doesn't want to disclose that info, yet he clearly did in the previous post I found.

Does this mean we're all still guessing how lucky affects crit chances? I hope you and others can figure this out. I'm conserving what little brain power I have left for basic daily functions like which pant leg to put on first 😂

SCBMAbigbeanojimmorrison369
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,674
    Daryl really is the only option for optimum Grenade Launching.

Green Launcher:
    Base 10 + Lucky 10 + Accurate 10 + Leadertrait + 30-ish = 60% crit chance plus whatever badges you add to polish it up. 1 gold or two blue should be adequate. Then dedicate the rest to damage & crit damage.

Gold Launcher is the same but 10% higher from better traits, so 70% crit chance plus badges. One should do here.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    @DoTak yeah those are two totally different calculations given by him. In one he has Lucky being additive and in the other it is a multiplier. I did a couple calculations with some of my survivors and it seems more logical to me that Lucky is a multiplier, otherwise if it is additive you get to the 90% cap pretty easily. With @RWS survivor example if that survivor has not moved and Sure Shot is engaged he'll hit the 90% cap.

SCBMAmack22
    You guys are awesome....some of your calculations are eye opening. Thanks for the insight!
    mack22
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,281
    I agree, this place is great for strategy and a laugh.
    RWS
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,281
    I wonder why they called it Daryl's RPG? 🤔

Cronus
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    Kind of disappointing.
  • Starr621Starr621 Member Posts: 108
    edited July 2018
    So based on the calculations I've seen, it seems like Maggie may actually be the best hero for using the rocket launcher? She has lucky, marksman, and sure shot. Since the mechanics of the rocket launcher require a cooldown turn, this turn could be used to move her in a safe area for her next attack.

It actually seems interesting to see if it will work better for Daryl or Maggie...but I guess it still depends on what badges you have equipped as well as your playstyle. I move around a lot and Daryl tokens are easier to get from story.

Btw Cronus, did you mean to put 0.15 instead of 0.10 for the critical damage? Am I understanding your equation correctly?
    (base + Daryl's trait/sure shot + crit chance trait + badges) * (1 + lucky traits) = total critical chance
    den4playmik81
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    Do body shot mechanics for non-center targets follow level difference? Body shot damage seems to be less than 1/3 of base damage.
    msapaev