Trading/Selling equips & Weapons to guildmates?!?

FreezyFreezy Member Posts: 15
edited March 2016 in Suggestions & Ideas
I think it would be a great idea for the developers to consider allowing guild members (only within a guild and maybe only between promoted members so newbies don't take advantage) a way to trade, maybe even sell your equipment and possibly even survivors within a limited reason. As a software product manager myself....This is something that I would put in the lifecycle as it could increase guild/challenge play and make gameplay lot more interactive without having to code for PvP.
[Deleted User]

Comments

• zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,218
    This has been discussed before, I personally think there's too much room for abuse.
    Freezy
  • FreezyFreezy Member Posts: 15
    I know but in mind I can see a way it can be used and regulated. Similar to the way retired survivors or equipment is.. Put a strict value to to each survivor or equipment and allow trades according to that value. Keeps everything close to the same level and can benefit those in your guild that have items or survivors they can't or don't use that can be exchanged for close to equal value.
  • CerealKillerCerealKiller Member Posts: 94
    I think this would be a great addition to the game.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    If this happens, there will be alot of alt accounts just to trade the good stuff over to main account.

blynknz
  • Zhellbr1ngZhellbr1ng Member Posts: 1
    Big games like Clash of clan, Now all have all kind of guild trade/interraction. I 100% agree that more guild stuff need to be added to make this game 400x more fun. Find a solution to balance trade. X amount per day! X item per day/month... Make some map to be player with 2 player at same time!!? this game turn base wow ok so easy!!? Some game are nut turnbase and can do it...
  • AhexAhex Member Posts: 78
    Maybe you could scrap weapon for guild storage. You get scrapping value and who buys it buys it without upgrades on upgrade price.
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    See!!!! I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good idea. There are ways to keep it from bring abused: weapon or survivor can only be traded once. Weapons lose upgrade on trade.... I'm sure there are others. How many of you have a lvl 10 rifle you don't need? I need it! ! It would be awesome to trade for one.

Freezy
  • gretchiepooh01gretchiepooh01 Member Posts: 209
    I love the idea of finding a way to trade or sell equipment in a guild! There should be a way to make it work. We have talked about this in our guild.
  • More interaction with players - especially within your guild - has a great influence on game experience. The more you can "do" with your mates, the more it will stitch players to the game. Therefore I totally support the idea.

In a totally free market devs may be afraid of loosing profits, but I think it could be compensated by a kind of sales tax. Prices could be fixed to avoid too much gifting.

I sell my gun worth 1.000 gold to a guild member, she pays in tomatos, XP, phones, fuel or gold. There should be fixed rates between these goods. NG will collect 10 percent extra as a tax. There could be free trades like "goods worth 1.000 gold per day". There could be a free market where everybody can buy everything from everyone. Maybe higher taxes for trades outside the guild?

Certainly I want to trade survivors too.

The cons:
    - rich players can buy a 5 star team with 5 star weapons and 5 star amor - well, they can almost do so already, put enough time and gold(money) in it and you have it
    - rewards would be less meaningful - we really need an improvement in the reward system right now. I get 3 star level 17 weapons in bonus missions. WHAT?

The idea is meant as a "golden bridge" for NG to put trade in the game. Personally Id like to see FREE trade.

ceterum censeo: please give us an adfree option. Id pay a million gold to never see "dungeon boss" videos again...
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    edited February 2016
    I think most ppl agree that any trade option like that will be heavily abused. And that abuse would cost NG money in advertising and in app purchases , so i dont see that ever happening.
    khajiitHelio
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    these type of games aren't built to have an in game trade economy. it simply won't happen.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    khajiit
  • khajiitkhajiit Member Posts: 27
    This would completely ruin the game.

No - I really don't think so. I really think there can be controls in place to keep it from being abused - this is a group of intelligent people. I'm certain we can put our heads together to come up with a way to make it work. I've seen brilliant, out-of-the-box ideas to make recruiting survivors work better . (in lieu of the calls)

And In a way we are already doing it - trading unused weapons for XP. It seems like a waste every time I scrap legendary gear. Would be so much better if I could trade it for what I need and someone else get what they need.

But everyone has their ideas of what would ruin it for them. PVP is going to ruin it for me, but others have been chomping at the bit for it.

• AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    So far, i havent seen any good proposal for trading that cannot be abused whatsoever.. so, im against it unless someone came up with a good idea..

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I haven't ever seen any trading system that couldn't be abused - in real life or in a game. They always turn into pyramid schemes with a select few just getting richer and monopolizing the best loot.

I vote against any kind of in game trading.
    zbot
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    a lot of people suggest this but it just isn't going to happen.
    the game has to be built from the ground up with trading in mind... this game is built around bound, disposable items that require grind and/or real cash to upgrade.
    allowing trade would simply hurt sales and open up ways to game the system (aka abuse)

the most i think we could ever hope for is being able to purchase items (with gold or cash) and gift them to other players, and I doubt highly that will ever happen either.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    zbot
  • zbot said:

This has been discussed before, I personally think there's too much room for abuse.

+1 @zbot
    zbot
  • JRDmanJRDman Member Posts: 60
    S>5*HuntWep lvl18(maxed)w/GOLDluk/spread join guild xxx to trade,only $5 via Paypal

:)
  • BodhiBodhi Member Posts: 55
    In every game forum ever this has been talked about and in every circumstance it never happens. It's not just the abuse, it's the fact you have to spend spend spend to get good equipment. Why would a business let you better your circumstance for free if it's doesn't have to?
  • manicornmanicorn Member Posts: 45
    Have an EBay type of Market place to sell your items.

Create a market place where you can put your gear up for auction for 24 hours.
    You set the price and players can bid on the gear.
    The Free Market will set the price for the gear.

Can't be abused because anyone can bid on the items.

Richer players will be able to buy the most expensive gear, BUT the poorer players are lower levels so they can't even use a level 15 gun anyway.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    manicorn said:

Have an EBay type of Market place to sell your items.

Create a market place where you can put your gear up for auction for 24 hours.
    You set the price and players can bid on the gear.
    The Free Market will set the price for the gear.

Can't be abused because anyone can bid on the items.

Richer players will be able to buy the most expensive gear, BUT the poorer players are lower levels so they can't even use a level 15 gun anyway.

This can EASILY be abused. Rich person will buy up all the good items then relist at a higher price. New item goes up at lower price? buy it out and relist at higher price.
    Ebay market place is one of the WORST implementations for in game trading. I made hundreds of thousands of gold doing EXACTLY this in WoW.
  • MortenGMortenG Member Posts: 6
    Make it possible to trade with other members of your guild. Sell and buy weapons or armor to fellow members of a guild.
  • No!
  • KoppiKoppi Member Posts: 5
    Agree. Buy and sell survivors too, like in soccer /football game manager
    MissSFX
    Another vote on my campaign!

Several threads on this. Some maintain it would be abused. I still believe there are controls that could be in place to keep abuse from happening. Search the forums for the other threads. See what you think. ...

• misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    edited February 2016
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive seen things like this suggested already , all it would do is make newer ppl not have to actually play the full game. Its exactly what happens in alot of mmo's and it completely takes away from the full game experience. Barely anyone would do actual trading , it would be hand me downs and that would take alot away from the grinding you should have to do.
    [Deleted User]Shut_Up
  • Finnyboy14Finnyboy14 Member Posts: 65
    Misfit44 you are totally right, but it still would be a fun idea, i mean, maybe you can edit the prize of your survivor u want to sell, but there can also be a limit of buying/selling survivors. Maybe a time limit or a amount limit.

And that's why walkers are dumb, not givin' a crap about anything.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Bump
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Bump
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda