Low damage with RPG

justinc222justinc222 Member Posts: 56
I just tried out the RPG and it looks like the secondary targets can get 25% damage on them if the shot is calculated as a body shot. This happened to me both times I used it on the level.

I took a screenshot showing my character's stats and two screenshots from after using the RPG while highlighting the secondary zombie from the attack. The character does 3271 damage but in both cases it only did about 700 damage to those targets. So it looks like it cut the damage in half for a body shot but then cut it in half again during the final damage calculation.

I've seen this happen with overwatch attacks in the past but I wouldn't expect it on a shot taken from a regular action. Is this intended behavior somehow or a bug?

Comments

• justinc222justinc222 Member Posts: 56
    I played more against even weaker enemies and it essentially looks like a guaranteed body shot on all the secondary targets. This happened several times but the screenshot from this instance seems clearest. This time my 7 star level 24 hunter (the same character from the screenshot in my initial post) killed the central target and got a body shot on each of the 3 level 25 enemies and the single level 24 enemy.

This has to be a bug then right?
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    Maybe... RPG is not as great as well thought it could be
    Timboski
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,593
    I'm not sure if it's a must have...indeed i'm still far also fromthe rare weapon...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited July 2018
    All hail the NPG🤐
    Nerf Propelled Goober🤪
    justinc222bigbeanoJaden
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    If it were Abraham'a RPG it would do more damage!!!

Remember what Daryl taught you!
    Did this thread just get moved to game issues? For real? All the misplaced threads that never get moved but this one did get moved? Is NG trying to silence the masses?
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    @justinc222 Thanks for the report. Indeed it's acting weirdly and doesn't seem it's the intended behavior. I'll forward it to the devs.

@Shut_Up :cold_sweat:
    TJSjustinc222JadenCBgaming1969
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Kaz said:

@justinc222 Thanks for the report. Indeed it's acting weirdly and doesn't seem it's the intended behavior. I'll forward it to the devs.

Great Googly Moogly.
    We've been duped? 🙀
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

CBgaming1969
    Great. Thanks, @Kaz !
    Kaz
    @Shut_Up I actually opened the thread in Game Issues initially. So I don't think it got moved at all.
    edited July 2018
    > @justinc222 said:
    > @Shut_Up I actually opened the thread in Game Issues initially. So I don't think it got moved at all.

I could have sworn it was in the general discussion. Thanks for the clarification.

I didn't choose my words wisely as my post should have sounded more like a question and not a statement. Still not sure why @Kaz used the crying emoji on me though!
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @Shut_Up

Just my interpretation, but that's not normally associated as crying.

According to the encyclopedia of emoji's.
    https://emojipedia.org/people/

I often have to look at that to translate messages from my children. Haha

*That site may be useful on July 17th for others as well, since the 17th is World Emoji Day
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

KazShut_Upbigbeano
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 421
    edited July 2018
    > @Kaz said:
    > @justinc222 Thanks for the report. Indeed it's acting weirdly and doesn't seem it's the intended behavior. I'll forward it to the devs.

Did we get an answer regarding this?
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    I haven't heard anything again since @Kaz said he'd bring it up to the developers. Any news, @Kaz ?
    ShadowaceAz

• It helps if you put a... If you put... If you put a mustard. Put a mustard
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 271
    > @justinc222 said:
    > I haven't heard anything again since @Kaz said he'd bring it up to the developers. Any news, @Kaz ?

He's off trying to find out if there are any developers still working on this game. All the NG developers are working on Our World, the Blade Runner game, or the unannounced game with NBC Universal.

No need to worry though, because based on the current trend of players leaving this game as detailed in the NG 2nd quarter report, there won't be any players left playing this game in a few months.
    Shut_Up said:

> @justinc222 said:

> @Shut_Up I actually opened the thread in Game Issues initially. So I don't think it got moved at all.

I could have sworn it was in the general discussion. Thanks for the clarification.

I didn't choose my words wisely as my post should have sounded more like a question and not a statement. Still not sure why @Kaz used the crying emoji on me though!

Haha, as @ShadowaceAz posted, it's not a crying emoji, but actually a nervous one, like "Oh no, they discovered my evil plan!" :P

I haven't heard anything again since @Kaz said he'd bring it up to the developers. Any news, @Kaz ?

The devs haven't had the time to take a look at it yet as half of our team is on holiday now. The ones who worked on the RPG implementation should be returning this week (if I'm not mistaken). Once they catch up, I'll get back to you asap!
    nadecir said:

> @justinc222 said:

> I haven't heard anything again since @Kaz said he'd bring it up to the developers. Any news, @Kaz ?

He's off trying to find out if there are any developers still working on this game. All the NG developers are working on Our World, the Blade Runner game, or the unannounced game with NBC Universal.

No need to worry though, because based on the current trend of players leaving this game as detailed in the NG 2nd quarter report, there won't be any players left playing this game in a few months.

@nadecir. I know that reading an article can bring many interpretations, so I recommend you to listen to our management Audiocast about the Financial Report: http://qsb.webcast.fi/n/nextgames/nextgames_2018_0720_q2/#/webcast It takes less than 20 min and has a lot of info. I know you like to follow those reports, so might worth checking it.

But to clear things up, currently, It's true that the company has just released Our World and it's also working on other projects. However, the NML team is not scaling down because of that, but it's not scaling up either. We (the NML team) are currently working on the next update and I'll be sharing more details as soon as I have more concrete information about it.
    ShadowaceAz
    Thanks, @Kaz .

@nadecir you seem almost happy at the idea of this game going down. Did NG hurt you in some way?

Just know...It's not your fault (is that gif too old a reference at this point?)
    ShadowaceAz
    edited July 2018
    Hey @justinc222!

I've just checked with the devs and the problem is not with the RPG itself, but with the communication in the game (and also the release notes) I've updated the release notes already, but the weapon information should be changed only next week.

So the center target is never bodyshot, and on top of that, the target also receives higher damage if you get a critical hit. The enemies around receive a lower damage from the explosion (however the increased critical hit is also applied to that).

Good news is that I also heard from the devs that this is the first model of the RPG and there are more planned for the future (maybe something with fire? who knows? :p). Also, we don't plan to sell them in the Bundle Shop, at least not for a while. So this weapon will be unique for only for players that made it through the Summer of Explosions.

And one last note, if you feel that the weapon is not as good as it should be, let us know. I would say that it's better to have it buffed than nerfed because it's too strong, right? :dizzy:

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for taking that long to get back to you!

Edited. Thanks @snafu
    Thanks for tracking down the info for me, @Kaz . I know July is a big month for time off and understand the delay.

That's good to hear that the central target receives even more damage than we originally thought but the secondary targets get so little that I'm not sure it's worth using the weapon. It's hard to be completely certain since I haven't upgraded the weapon to utilize the critical bonus traits, but it seems like doing half or a quarter damage on the surrounding enemies is too low to make the extra boost on the central target worth it most of the time.

Maybe I haven't thought about it enough yet, but I feel like if I loaded up a hunter with high critical chance and critical damage then I'm basically giving myself a critical attack every other turn. However, if I did that with a shooter I feel like the critical attack would be way bigger and I still have the next turn to give myself a good chance of another critical attack while the RPG is reloading. Plus the shooter could utilize ruthless to get an even bigger charge attack boost that isn't available with the RPG.

I might be missing something though. What do you guys think who have been commenting here? Am I off base here or do you think it doesn't have enough positives to it to make it as useful as it sounded like it would've been? @ShadowaceAz @ATLAS-Z @Shut_Up @Scowley
    Kaz
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,879
    edited July 2018
    With the extra round to reload, it's a HUGE.... AND I MEAN HUGE... Flaw... So the the advantage on the flip side should be EQUALLY HUGE.

I'm talking more damage than any other weapon in the game. Times 2.

That's after badge damage. After charge damage. It's gotta be big BIG damage.

Stunning would be good for surround enemies.

Bigger radius.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

KratosJadenSPC_TORRESKaz
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,879
    edited July 2018
    You could just make the central target always 100% a critical hit. Surrounding enemies half damage & 50% stun chance.

Even then you're only critting one enemy every two rounds, compared to the normal 20 enemies a Hunter can normally blast in that time.

Then you could ditch the body shot thing that all the noobs don't understand anyway.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

KratosJadenSPC_TORRESKaz
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    @Kaz I still think the communication is misleading. Central target receives normal damage (as in what is expected based on weapon damage and traits) and others receive heavily reduced damage.
    Kaz
    snafu said:

@Kaz I still think the communication is misleading. Central target receives normal damage (as in what is expected based on weapon damage and traits) and others receive heavily reduced damage.

You are correct! I've changed my message above. That was on me! I've poorly translated dev language.
    The confusion I've made is because indeed the RPG has a higher damage than a normal Hunter Weapon, but that damage is actually shown on the weapon already so yeah, you are correct. My bad!
  • Rich6nowRich6now Member Posts: 10
    With a weapon that has critical hits and luck, Make it meaningless with so many bodyshots on every surrounding target.
    Novel idea ruined by lower damage and more body shots. Weapon would still not be overpowered with those fixed.
    Any calculation you make, with averge targets that a normal weapon is far superior. Is round I can kill 3, charged now I can critical up to 7 or more