no bodyshots does not work

:# Fake Announcement! There is no such thing as the chances of a bodyshot being 0! Again I have bodyshot after bodyshot in normal walkers.
Undertakerp_herianShadowaceAz

Comments

• UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 203
    Had the same popups, but I definitly get more stars then before.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Try using Melee, you won't get a single bodyshot.

Ranged survivors will still have a bodyshot chance as stated in the news.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

AssensyJadenI_Am_PsychoDavid_H79Fingerfood

Ranged survivors will still have a bodyshot chance as stated in the news.

But only against armored walkers, as stated in the news.

Assensyekimhclewden4playATLAS-Z
  • AssensyAssensy Member Posts: 23
    I have bodyshots of REGULAR walkers! Neither less nor more than before. 23 level elite assault survivor & 23 legendary hunter hero, have bodyshots on 25 & 26 level regular walker.
    The TO and me both had bodyshots on normal walkers with ranged survs (at least me). Not on armored and not with melees.
    Okay...got it.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    It says using ranged OR against armoured.

The issue I have is that by +7.3 it is moot even though appearing to work. Note here that I took Jesus, a scout and a bruiser. The kills and stunning Inwas getting simply isnt possible without lack of body shots, but my strategy was bad and they got surrounded very quickly. I am happy to stop with 8RP, but I might try a different tactic later out of curiosity

But why is there a small chance when using ranged? Fair enough against arniured walkers, but against normal walkers. Not bothered at this point on a Sunday, but curious to know.

I feel this event can work for players who can't get so deep into challenges. I also think people with a larger choice of weapons with more diversity in the traits might get benefit (based on my test run earlier).

I don't get to build large collection of weapons because I move quickly upwards towards the end game scenario, so only upgrade the closest to unicorn gear I can find. Therefore, only one weapon has interrupt, which is unfortunate.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I would have worded the announcement this way:

"NOTE there are two exceptions to today's mini event: 1) All Ranged Survivors have an inherently small chance of a bodyshot when attacking any type of walker. This chance is somewhat/slightly/moderately increased when a Ranged Survivor attacks Armored Walkers. 2) Melee Survivors have a small/medium chance of a bodyshot when attacking Armored Walkers."

Also, the last paragraph could be interpreted as misleading. It seems to indicate that all Survivor attacks will inflict the maximum damage from the range of possible damage. Meaning that if the range is 500-1000, the damage will always be 1000, rather than meaning the damage check will be unadjusted for bodyshots, where applicable.

And so that I'm not misunderstood, I'm in no way complaining about any of the reduced bodyshot mini event. I'm only pointing out that there is some ambiguity in how the announcement was phrased.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    JadenI_Am_PsychoKazKillersZ
  • donald6283donald6283 Member Posts: 276
    with Daryl on lead 4 in 5 hits are critical..at least with my 6 star Daryl
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,426
    It's no different than the chance of a bodyshot at less than +5rsl. You just don't notice them at those levels as body shots kill anyway. For those of us who like melee it really makes a difference. Not all events benefit all players and that's the same for every single event. It's made my hunter with all the crit chance badges on an absolute beast though!
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Doesn't work? That means I can do this EVERY day :joy:

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    zeekdogmack22msapaevUndertaker