No SureShot... Deal Breaker?

ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

Feeling a little blue... what would you do?

Recycle or Ride?
Descensus in cuniculi cavum
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
Concordia

TJSR2runfastZetteDBonesmack22

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    edited July 2018
    Edited the title...
    Concordia

• zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,053
    I would be happy to take the shooter.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    DBonesJadenmack22
  • kamilowatykamilowaty Member Posts: 148
    Pink that shooter asap
    DBonesmack22
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,528
    edited July 2018
    You all know what I think... You should anyway by now.

You could use that shooter as is, a respectable 5-star, but I would not pink them. Not unless you're desperate and impatient.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    That;s unicorn for me @ShadowaceAz
    edited July 2018
    There are no 100% necessary traits.

A talented player can win with anyone.

That said, Sure Shot is 1000000% more useful on a shooter than Iron Skin.

Unless you're playing while drunk very often, then Iron Skin it is.

Good, but not a unicorn imo
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Picromeo
  • KirnasKirnas Member Posts: 33
    Personnaly, i dont really need Sure Shot before RSL 32.
    And after this stage, Sure Shot become nearly useless because of the 100% body shot.
    When you play with a Flare Gun, there is no piercing, so zero chance Sure Shot to activate.
    My two more recent 8 stars survivors (hunter and shooter) has not Sure Shot and i am happy with this.
    I prefer Iron Skin over Sure Shot, because it allow to not instant struggle at higher level, and to activate Revenge more often (more charge, less walker). It allow to keep 2 stars where i could get only 1 before with my old toons.
    Cronuspsychwolf
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    I agree that sure-shot is not a must. My best shooter does not have it, so I don't have to fret about moving her to take a shot and fear losing the crit. And really, the top function of a high powered shooter is the charged attack, which as we all know is guaranteed to be a crit anyway.
    DBones
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Sweet! Thanks all.
    I'm guessing if I want the crit chance, badges are slightly better as I can move and still get the chance.
    Concordia

Pic
    edited July 2018
    I guess the confusion comes in with the words "unicorn" and "pinkworthy".

Many of the scenarios described mention sure shot being less useful after body shots reach 100%. Someone tell me again how pink stars are useful in this situation?

Cuz I already know the answer ;-)

A unicorn to me are those survivors worthy of pushing up to the highest pink star status you can manage. And as such their exclusive unique usefulness are for those stages BEFORE reaching the 100% body shot level. That's the whole point of them. And as your pinks grow, they Will (most notably hunters) reach a point when they are not getting body shots BUT they are NOT getting one hit kills either. In these scenarios, exclusively the province of your top pinks, you want to crit as often as possible.

Enter Sure Shot. Absolutely necessary for your top pinks.

Edit- typos
    anthony172PicStarr621
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,083
    ATLAS-Z said:

I guess the confusion comes in with the words "unicorn" and "pinkworthy".

Many of the scenarios described mention sure shot being less useful after body shots reach 100%. Someone tell me again how pink stars are useful in this situation?

Cuz I already know the answer ;-)

A unicorn to me are those survivors worthy of pushing up to the highest pink star status you can manage. And as such their exclusive unique usefulness are for those stages BEFORE reaching the 100% body shot level. That's the whole point of them. And as your pinks grow, they Will (most notably hunters) reach a point when they are not getting body shots BUT they are NOT getting one hit kills either. In these scenarios, exclusively the province of your top pinks, you want to crit as often as possible.

Enter Sure Shot. Absolutely necessary for your top pinks.

Edit- typos

If you want crits as often as possible why would you rely on a %success based trait that requires you to not move? Why not just slap on some Critical Chance badges? If you max that out you'll have a 9 in 10 success rate regardless of movement and you can use accurate on a weapon to help reach that number.
    kamilowaty
    @cronus you're not wrong, but you have to have enough damage and crit damage to have your total crit damage greater than the walkers health your attacking. A 10-star survivor won't 100% body shot until what? Vs level 34-35? A level 34 walker for example, has over 14,000 health. So priority 1 is getting just enough damage to meet that, maybe a bit over for RNG... Then as much badges as you can spare for crit chance. With sure shot, it helps. A lot.
    anthony172romeo
    @ATLAS-Z sure, I was just pointing out there are ways around it (and maybe trying to figure out place for my legendary crit chance badges).

You can get pretty darn close to the 90% cap with the right weapon and a single good badge:

Base critical chance - 10%
    Weapon with gold lucky - 20% (silver - 15%)
    Weapon with gold accurate - 15% (silver - 10%)
    Survivor lvl 6 Lucky - 20%

So that will yield you 65% critical chance without a badge. I have a 19% crit chance badge that will go to nearly 23% with the set bonus. That gets me to 87-88% critical chance and leaves me 5 slots for damage and crit damage badges. lvl 7 Lucky will get you capped out.
    ShadowaceAz
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,746
    edited July 2018
    The way I see it is this way:

If you move, sure shot does nothing. Without piercing, it does nothing. Even if you do have piercing there is a 70% chance of a body shot and therefore it does nothing. If you do happen to score that all important non body shot, it's what, 45% at 8*? So therefore more often than not it will do nothing :lol:

Extremely situational. For the most part you are fighting with 4 traits. Like I said earlier, great if you have it but I certainly wouldn't scrap a survivor with 5 good traits because it didn't have that one.

Edit to add that this is of course once you hit 100% body shots which is when you start to need critical hits.
    mik81
    edited July 2018
    @Cronus I'm still optimizing myself, but I think you still want piercing, since leading up to the 100% body shot range you are still going through 40/60/80 or whatever body shot ranges, and piercing mitigates this. And since destructive trait is +40-60%, it's like two badges in one so economy says this is a must.

Ideal gun (i think) has LargeCaliber/Destructive/Piercing

So it won't help you with crit chance

But sure shot will ;-)

@wellyluga I think there's a good chance you didn't read my post. Lol. The only point of pinks is to live BEFORE body shots.
    I have a rifle not upgraded with silver lucky and gold destructive/piercing. No wide bore but lucky should help increase critical chance. I'm thinking I might just upgrade this one next to test it out.
    I'm gonna be moving some badges around next event to play with it more, but I really think too many people waste their pinks doing things 5-stars can handle

For example, I've got some shooters mostly 5-star that can take out top Distance enemies, simply because of the structure format of the Distance. But they can't handle challenge levels 30-33 like my pinks can. That's where they should shine.
    anderfm12