Spawn frequencies are to high.

Quarry crossroad is already a pain in the a** on 29/2. Noticed lately in many maps that the spawn cycles are to fast. No chance to get out of some corners :neutral:

Why this is made more frustrating by NG?

Is it a psychological trick to let yourself feel to be not good enough to keep up with your starcounts? To let you think, you have to spend more time and money to stay in line?
FingerfoodTJS

Comments

• UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 203
    TJS said:

I might be wrong but I don't think anything has changed, this map has always had fast re-spawns.

Try blocking spawn at top, it should make it easier.

They might be not new in this map, but also the newer maps have ridicular spawns, that you can´t even reducing with the right traits.

What is new in this map ist the second heavy and the exploder if I remember right.
    TJS
  • donald6283donald6283 Member Posts: 276
    try Michone,Scout,Hunter 😉
    psychwolf
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,401
    I get where your coming from
    But seriously it sounds like your saying. This level is too difficult for me make it easier so I can get more stars. If your finding it difficult and others aren't it may be they are using different tactics and skill sets to you. For instance warriors are amazing on this map I couldn't do it without them and their boost this week.
    I_Am_Psycho
    Firekid said:

For instance warriors are amazing on this map I couldn't do it without them and their boost this week.

I did the last round with Michonne, warrior and a threat reducing scout. Anyway...made it to two stars.

And thats another part of the problem. There are always one or two maps that are much more difficult then the rest.

But the main point was the swarm settings in general, explicit in the newer maps, where you hit the road really soon with tactic and melees, because the spawns don´t react to threat reduction.
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 991
    The designer of this map should be made to play it, 3 turns between spawns yeah, great!

I've been using Abe and my 2 top Shooters for Quarry Crossroads and have 3-starred it all the way through 29.3. I start with overwatch to charge up the shooters and move to the top to spawn block. I use the charge attacks to take out the tanks. I will probably start getting bruised on 30.1.

Thx...made 3 stars out of it again :)
    JenngGovernatorSCBMAFingerfood
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,361
    Second tank and exploder have always been on this map.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JenngTJS
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    I have found that taking a tank bruiser (12k+ health, 80% DR) to absorb the punishment along with Michonne as lead, Jesus as second seems to be working. Still 3-starring all maps thru 29.3. Probably gonna have to switch to ranged due to body shots which sucks cause I am enjoying the all melee play to his point
    Governator
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,488
    Don't worry that new Council Upgrade is coming and it will balance out to handle those pesky little things
    Troublemaker
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,401
    @Undertaker if your talking about the auto spawns ala distance then I completely agree. A couple of maps with 1 auto spawn is ok but when your getting them all over the place it is a bit daunting. However, it's th same for everyone and i tend to only judge how well I'm doing against my usual competition in my guild. Keeps me sane.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,268
    I've been having decent success with Michonne, bruiser, TR scout. All at 80% DR - try to reduce the threat as much as possible as you move forward, take your beating and just try to get to the finish.

Remember, you don't need to kill everything :smile:
    mack22ShadowaceAzFingerfood
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,254
    @WellyLuga thanks, I have that setup and will probably have to utilize them.
    Fingerfood
    WellyLuga said:

All at 80% DR

Haha...

Where to take that from? Not enought badges and gold to swop them around.
    JayZ said:

3. Patience. It’s tempting to try to kill everything as quickly as possible and move on, but it’s not always ideal. Try to take your time, build up charges, and avoid taking damage. Letting 2-3 waves spawn in Quarry Crossroad is less terrifying when you know where things are coming from.

4. Damage reduction. Most of my survivors have Iron Skin on their survivor and armor, two damage reduction badges, and a health badge. At some point, you’ll have to take a hit (see Quarry Gate). Try to lessen the impact of those hits.

I´m not a very patient guy as I freak out that every next swarm is one level higher.

Plus I don´t have a huge collection of armor and also no double pink heros. I´m at 30/2 now and got sliced a few times in some maps. Some I got barely one star.

At some point my frustration tolerance level is down to zero...
    Danski_46Fingerfood
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 566
    This challenge sucks
    FingerfoodUndertakerBohemianbobbigbeano
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431

Depending on the survivor level 30.2 might not be THAT bad. If you using lvl 24s then it might be frustrating. But if that's the case it will all be strategy and choices with traits.

I think your might be putting too much pressure on yourself to keep up with people who have more powerful options available to them.

I think when the free badge swap around you know what you're swapping first.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    FingerfoodUndertaker
  • FingerfoodFingerfood Member Posts: 942
    It would be great to have a thread that each week all these amazing players could post their challenge videos to help us "less skilled" players 🤣 this was so helpful thankyou!!
    mack22Undertaker
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,254
    @Fingerfood that's easy enough, make a thread in the Video Vault. Weekly challenge video tips, love the idea by the way ☺.
    Fingerfood
    @mack22 as long as I don't post a video seing as mine are more how "not" to do a challenge 🙈😁
    @Undertaker well feel free to share your expertise I'll gladly take any extra help I can get for my level 23 survivors 🤗
    Undertakerbigbeano