Walkers kill count

In the current version of distance, last mission #21 is about killing 8 walkers. So as usual I tried to lure exploders into around the corner, survive till the spawn shows and shot expolder to get required amount of kills. I did it, got killed right after by a walker (not expoltion itself) but it's nothing unusual. Mission summary screen showed Walkers dispatched count as 8 with zero XP. So I assumed, all right, I just need to redo the mission and run towards exit. How surprised I was when the Distance map showed me that I still have to kill 8 walkers... Well I tried, I had second exploder still but did a mistake and ended up with just 6 kills (in similar way as earlier). I contacted the support since to me I faced some bug in the game mechanics, here's their response.

So am I missing something here or they are just wrong?

Comments

• ignasignas Member Posts: 376
    They are wrong. Of course those walkers killed by explosion should count. Walkers died because of your action and this is the purpose of that map.

Yesterday I have completed this map by killing zombies with explosion, just like your first attempt.
    I_Am_PsychoDBones
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,126
    Kills from an exploder do count to the Distance kill counter.

You won't get XP and probably they won't count to your all time killed walkers but I'm 100% sure that this is the tactic for this mission, getting as many regular around an exploder and those kill do count for that purpose when you blow them up.

Even if you got killed right after those still should count.
    I_Am_PsychoDBones
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    Thank you guys for sanity check. I don't blame them for a mistake, I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something here.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,612
    It's happened to me before. Although I think it was a little different for me, I had 2 of my guys in a struggle in the bottom corner, both with a grenadier. Unfortunately my shooter was in the blast radius of both so took two hits and everyone died. Even though it also took out multiple walkers with it I still had a kill counter of 8 walkers and no grenadiers left when re-starting the mission!

I try to avoid having 2 grenades with me from now on and haven't had the problem since.
    Do you know if mission summary screen showed you 8 (or any other number) dispatched walkers? Because thats what happened to me.

And I understand that having both grenades around is not a good idea, but it wasnt the case for me. I was so happy with the fact that I beat for the first time in this Set map #19 with fatties, just to be screwed out of Sasha tokens in the end anyway :neutral:
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    kkatsu said:

Thank you guys for sanity check. I don't blame them for a mistake, I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something here.

It's usual for support to get it wrong. For some reason I have to prove them wrong before they realise. That's why I report stuff here first.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    jimmorrison369
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I've seen rarely occuring bugs before in Distance.

I've killed enough on a level before, but fled to save best survivors. Put in 3 scouts to run up to the exit, and found the software had become confused due to a wrestling match. I then had to flee to out in more appropriate survivors to kill 3 more. That was annoying more because of the gas cost. Obviously it would have been pointless going to support for that. They don't know the game as well as usummer.

Yesterday, I nearly had to flee level 17 because the game wouldn't move to my next turn. It was obviously confused by the kabooms. Luckily I realised a force close might work. I did video the problem, but as I found a way past the bug I don't need to show it.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,612
    @kkatsu

I think it did show them as killed on the post mission screen. It's frustrating but it's a lesson learned, you know there is a possible bug there so next time you'll try hard to make sure there's no chance of it happening again. When it happened to me it would have been the first time I would have completed any distance and I was also happy to have beaten motorpool!
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,383
    edited July 2018
    You have to survive the whole round for anything to count. Always been that way.

Edit to clarify, a "round" starts with your action, and then everything that occurs until it's your next action. 1-round.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Firekid
    @ATLAS-Z are you sure? That does not make sense. For example in #19 distance 2 with those 3 fatties you when you kill one of them it is dead even if all your 3 survivors die in walkers turn.

Same in missions where you need to kill some number of walkers after every kill the counter countdown in “player turn”
    edited July 2018
    @ignas this had not been my experience.

If the enemies and I die in the same round, when I return, they are still alive.

But then, not trying to sound... cocky?... but it's not often I allow a TPK. My reference pool is rather small.

(Total party kill)

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    romeo
    @ATLAS-Z - actually I have exact same experience as @ignas. Thus Im not sure if you are 100% correct. I think there is some not so straight forward logic applied for what counts and what not. That we might never know really.

Anyway, I got incorrect response from support and my mission showed I dispatched 8 walkers. Yet I had to do it again because Distance map didnt count that. There is an in-game bug and I lost 75 sasha/20 aaron tokens as a result. Thats my problem.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,157
    @kkatsu. My only guess as to the problem was a disconnect while you were playing. I've actually played regular missions all the way to opening the post-mission crates only to find that I had to do the whole mission over again. The reward crates were exactly the same. Did you lose the gas when you played that mission? If so, then you have another kind of bug going on.
    romeo
    One more thing... after killing those 8 walkers with explosion mission objective should change to “get to the exit”.

@kkatsu - did you get this message?
    @Governator - No, not disconnect issue this time unfortunately. It's something else that happened.

@ignas - Since I don't have recording, I cannot recall that anymore unfortunately. I remember the walkers dying and seeing 8 dispatched on summary screen. I think I will start recording all my tough missions now.
    Well maybe I'll play with it this Saturday. Time permitting.

Distance in full swing, guys let's share our experiences today if anyone testing this.

romeo
    edited July 2018
    Ok, I have tested it for you and it works like it should...

1. Situation before “the shot” on attached screen
    2. After that 8 walkers dies and the objective changes to “go to exit”
    3. Merle dies from explosion
    4. Mission ends as defeat
    5. After mission: 8 walkers killed and 0 XP
    6. Next try on that map: objective: “go to exit”
    romeo
    @ignas Merle is at full green health in your image? Impossible for him to die from the explosion right? Maybe it put him red and he was then killed by a walker?

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    So to conclude, if you shoot a grenade and it kills your survivors. Then it won't count. But if you shoot the grenade and then your survivors get killed in the walkers turn, then it does count.

Mystery solved, right?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    Or in other words. If killing a grenadier whipes out your entire party, then the kills won't count.
    Though in my scenario I wasn't killed by a blast, i had one guy standing and my summary screen showed 8 dispatched walkers. something else must have happened.

Anyway, I got response from support that they will investigate and thats it. Nothing about being sorry for a wrong information in initial message or anything. Well, I never really had any good interaction with this support team to be fair.
    jimmorrison369WellyLuga