What sort of level do you realistically have to be to finish the hard distance?

I currently have 2 level 22 guys with tara in training. What sort of levels/characters/weapons should i have to have a shot at finishing the thing, or at least getting to level 16 of the thing?

Comments

• JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,429
    I’m just guessing here because im new to playing the distance but with enough survivors ( quantity , quality is negligible kinda) the thingy is doable. ..........Of course gear and badges are a plus

romeoDBonesSCBMA
  • nipularnipular Member Posts: 53
    What i really want to know is if i can actually do it with lvl 22s
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    My guildmate did it for the first time when he had lvl 21 survivors (with distance #3). I managed to beat the distance with lvl 24 survivors only (actually I had not tried to do that earlier).
    kamilowatyJenngSCBMA
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    nipular said:

What i really want to know is if i can actually do it with lvl 22s

Normal Mode, yes.
    Hard Mode, not bloody likely.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Fingerfood
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    msapaev said:

My guildmate did it for the first time when he had lvl 21 survivors (with distance #3). I managed to beat the distance with lvl 24 survivors only (actually I had not tried to do that earlier).

Which is, to be fair, a pretty big achievement. My lv21 survivors are relatively well geared but wouldn't get close to finishing Distance Hard... well, not without spending a LOT of gold. I'm just about to skip to lv23 which I reckon gives me a shot.
    JenngATLAS-Zmack22
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I fully agree with those who say it's doable. Certainly not easy with 22's, but definitely doable. The advice from @Phalanx44 is spot on, and the videos mentioned by @bladgier and @Japes87, as well as the videos from @mimica, are absolutely invaluable. I went from getting my ass handed to me on the late maps every single time to beating it twice a week, every week, often quite easily. Granted, I have well-badged survivors, all L24, but I definitely believe I could do it with L22's and those videos. Those guys are absolute whizzes, and their videos show how the Distance is 100% about strategy, and not just brute force.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    JenngSCBMAmack22mimica
  • UndertakerUndertaker Member Posts: 203
    Even after playing the distance and watching the announced video channels over and over again, my record so far was map 19. Cheap one call survivors to sacrify are a good way, but when I finished map 19 this one time I used around 15-20 one callers and lots of gas. It´s nearly impossible to make it with free gas this way, as you have to replay lots of higher levels over and over again.
    edited July 2018
    With level 22 I could beat Normal Mode Distance everytime due to advice in the forums. With level 23 survivors, I can beat Normal Mode with the same 3 survivors, (Maggie lead, Abe second, Shooter third), everytime with only minor damage at the end.

At level 23 I can hardly get to the Legendary gear on Hard Mode.

However more than just survivor level, it will be determined by survivor/hero rarity and traits. Gear traits and badges will make all the difference in the world.

If you have question, doubts, or concerns, post up a question to the forums and also you might want to checkout @OneLessTitan's site https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/the-distance/ for suggestions on each version of the distance.

@TJS keeps a running thread on which version as well as what rewards are available. https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/33229/the-distance-rewards-hard-normal-modes/

Those, as well as taking your time going through, should see you beating Normal Mode any day now.

Good luck, and remember what Daryl (and forum members) taught you.

*edit to add
    And I just now realized you started by asking about Hard Mode in the subject! I totally missed that, so mark my comments as irrelevant. Sorry to waste bits and bytes on this one.
    Concordia

rustynail
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,073
    @ShadowaceAz, my level 22 and below survivors can get to the 2nd Aaron tokens every week. I highly recommend that you have a look at the videos by @crambert_nec, they're so helpful in choosing your squad and tactics. With more level 22s and better gear I am confident I can get further. Also the line group distance bizonly is well worth joining, great for asking advice and awesome info in the notes.
    crambert_necDBones
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,682
    I'm currently doing normal with my level 20's (easy it should be called) when some tokens event finishes my goal is to see how far I can get in the hard distance on Tuesdays and try and better it each time! Looking forward to beating my current best of 16 (map set 2) regularly.
    Danski_46
    @Danski_46 yep, Aaron is about as far as I get also. I stopped upgrading armor a couple levels back though to save XP while upgrading. Just reaching 23 and most of my armors are from my 19&20 levels. Trying to decide if I stick with this up to lvl 24 as the RSL on challenges won't be increasing with my levels anymore.

Also, I have @JayZ and @crambert_nec both on my subscription/notify list, when I mentioned that I recently started watching videos, those are the two I'm starting to learn from.

Thank you though, in case I hadn't, I would. 😝
    Concordia

crambert_necDanski_46
  • hiboy111hiboy111 Member Posts: 25
    I took my a-team, which is Darrell, Rosita, and Tara all level 20 and I beat it on normal only losing Rosita in the 20th round as she was opening the gate . 1 different move and I would have beat it with no survivors lost. The hard I can only get to round 9. I'll make another run at the Hard once I'm at 21
    Danski_46