XP Mining Levels

I have discovered a couple of levels that can be played infinitely for extensive xp.

One is Episode 9, #3. The trick is to use three survivors that can all shoot. The best combination is two Assault and one Hunter. However, one Assault, one Shooter and one Hunter works as well. Close the bottom entrance by pushing in the dumpster and then get all three survivors stationed, stacked vertically, between the top dumpster and the top entrance. If your survivors are sufficiently high level, you can simply use the "end turn" button and the "fast forward" button endlessly. If they aren't sufficiently leveled, then you will need your Hunter in the middle spot and to use it every third or forth turn to take down the processing zombies. The trick is to mine xp until you are bored and then flee, choosing one survivor to get heavily injured.

The second was a similar level where the goal was to push the cars and block off the zombies path to you. After closing off the zombies access, simply don't exit. There is NO way at all for the zombies to reach you, so it is only "end turn" button and the "fast forward" button endlessly, again assuming you started with three ranged weapons survivors. The problem is, I don't remember what level this was as I foolishly finished the level after I got bored without realizing I could have fled. Does anyone recognize this level and can you tell me which level it is?

Any others?

Comments

• NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Go thru the forums- a lot of threads telling which missions and offering strategies
    Heretic
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Those are the two, 7-4 and 9-3.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • HereticHeretic Member Posts: 25
    7.4. Exactly. And my dumb ass completed it in Nightmare mode so I can't go back. Bummer.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    Using assaults is the worst for this, their firing animation is way longer than hunters, shooters...

Excellent point. I didn't think about that. I have been liking them because my Legendary Assault rifle has 100% overwatch protection. I will try its with no assault and see how that works.
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    Personally I like 9.3 more than 7.4.

This is 9.3 on nightmare mode:

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    Nice strategy. I will try that one.
  • JAZZZMANJAZZZMAN Member Posts: 313
    I just tried 7.4 a few times, and the last 2 times, after racking up 12,000 and 18,000 points, then fleeing, the XP did not get added to my storage. I had plenty of space left. Anyone else encounter this?
  • SoyevSoyev Member Posts: 130
    You have to exit the game and reenter and the xp will be there, if it's the same bug other people were having
    JAZZZMAN
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    edited February 2016
    @JAZZZMAN I thought someone posted about fleeing after 100,000 and only getting a quarter of that. It was my belief with no personal experience that, that is what happens.
    JAZZZMAN
    @Soyev Thanks, that was it exactly.

@bgbelden I think that also happened to me once. I'll take bites smaller than 100k. B)
    I've never lost XP, but Soyev is right about having to re-enter. I have mined 1.17M before and lost 317,000 because my council would only hold 800,000 though.
    @Heretic That's definitely something to keep in mind!
    BTW, another great XP mining mission is the "Close the Containers" mission in one of the weekly challenges. Close 2 containers, and kill forever. The walkers don't increase in level. (So don't start too low, and don't start too high). I did 85k in about an hour on this one.
This discussion has been closed.