Save your Badge Fragments and Components - Balance Update is coming!

KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
Hey everyone!

We are currently working on a balance update that will probably be applied in the game in the next couple of weeks. One of the things that we have already defined is that if you use all Legendary components, you will have 100% chance of getting a Legendary badge. Of course, we are also decreasing the number of components and badge fragments you normally find after missions. But we are still going to have components events and those will be the best time to get them.

Anyway, there's a lot more stuff to come (including player's requests) and we are still testing some of the changes, but I'll be sharing the details with our content creators so it can be shared with you guys before the actual update. One thing that I can also tell you (because I believe it'll be the following question) is that we are NOT going to have a council upgrade together with this balance update.

But long story short is... save your components for now! :)

Thanks for reading!

Reeconnanderfm12anthony172TheCrabmsapaevJadencapibaraDeathwish19TJSbladgierWhereisHeathPain WalkerromeoDLichGuapoSchismJoker13ShadowaceAzanniesprinklesmudpieignasShadowWalker1212ScowleyEl_Sargemack22SteinarTroublemakerden4playFacooHuttSlayer23kkatsubigbeanolejohn67FOEJackBauerGovernor233DBonesMattOfEarthTripodabveJennayamanmahendraJimiFaithCHEREUVS

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,971
    This is a welcome change! The chances of finding a legendary frag is rare as it is but if it has to be lowered to guarantee a legendary badge I'd be happy to take the hit.
    DodkongmudpieATLAS-ZanniesprinklesShadowWalker1212bigbeanoWhereisHeathCaptainslayerZed
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,979
    Hey! Where is my wally wally??
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    mudpieanniesprinkles
  • NarniaNarnia Member Posts: 65
    So I am hearing this:
    Fewer drops, 100% 5* badge results from all 5* stuff. Just less likely to find it.
    Then I think, well, I'll have fewer 4* results, so I'll wind up with maybe the same amount of 5* badges / month, but less 4* badges per month.
    @Kaz is that what your intention is for this change? If so, I would like to vote against changing it at all. Or post a poll. That sounds like a bad idea.
    mudpiebigbeanoZed
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Kaz

Is the 100% chance of success only for the Legendary frags\comps or at all levels?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Governator
  • SchismSchism Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2018
    Why nerf something so hard and unusual to get already.
    If u really care about the players and want to balance the game just set the 100% chances or increase the % to get legendary badge with all legendary components, its unfair be able to craft 1 badge like in 2 months and get a epic one.

With the nerf part, I don't see anything other than a strategy to sell more badge bundles to be honest. I'm not buying this "balance" thing.
    anniesprinklesmudpieWhereisHeath
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 265
    In other words you are saying, "hey we still have badge event where you can BUY gold and get those 5k gold packs! That gives you 2 guaranteed gold pieces!!! Yay look how generous we are to you all"!
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpie
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,052
    While you're making these changes, I don't suppose you could get rid of the Critical Damage badges and the +number badges? Both of those are pretty useless. I can just see myself crafting with all legendary and getting a +800 critical damage. Ugh.
    Andy_bDLichTaulus
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,475
    @bladgier Yes because Ng should see an increase in super component crate purchases. Players could get a few more leg badges too especially if they have been hoarding for a while so yeah... both parties should be happy
    Drunkenanniesprinklesmudpiebladgierbigbeano
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,327

While you're making these changes, I don't suppose you could get rid of the Critical Damage badges and the +number badges? Both of those are pretty useless. I can just see myself crafting with all legendary and getting a +800 critical damage. Ugh.

Agreed 100% about flat value badges. I hope all flat value badges get converted to % badges because the scaling gets worse the higher your player level.

I have to disagree about Critical Damage badges. How do you not find them useful? My Shooters hit 50k damage and can one-shot level 32 fatties because of badges.
    Leader of Legacy Eh, a top 5 global guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg/playlists
    Line ID: jayztwdnml
    GovernatorDBonesJennay
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 265
    I'd rather see a guaranteed legendary badge event occasionally then see the horrible drop rate of frag/components go down even more.
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

mudpieJadenWhereisHeath
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,174
    I'm betting this 100% guaranteed legend badge comes with a 90% chance of crafting flat rate crit damage badges. Pffft.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    PigBenisanniesprinklesTransmuteJunGovernator
  • whitek111whitek111 Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2018
    So for the update gift can you give everyone a legendary fragment and 4 components. That shouldn't really break the bank.

Edit: just realized as soon as I posted that's not likely since you have to be a certain council level to get components :( oh well then
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited August 2018
    msapaev said:

At the last component event, the chances of getting badge fragments and components from gold after mission crates were the same as usual (have not been increased). @Kaz, are you going to balance that?

Most likely not, so the event and the component boxes will become more valuable after that balance changes.
    whitek111 said:

So for the update gift can you give everyone a legendary fragment and 4 components. That shouldn't really break the bank.

Edit: just realized as soon as I posted that's not likely since you have to be a certain council level to get components :( oh well then

It's possible to give a different gift to a player if they don't have the scavenger building in their camp, so that`s actually an interesting idea and we'll keep that in mind. :)

And I understand your concerns about the rare item becoming rarer, but don't worry. We'll keep monitoring it after the change to make sure it doesn't turn into a bad experience.
    whitek111TJS
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,291
    @Kaz the company has been pretty bad at monitoring, maybe you all get the numbers, but you don't ever change things for the better, eventually players get used to the nerfs, then you all do some dumb shit like this. But I have no doubt some brain busting ideal will follow this to make players forget about this.
    MattOfEarthDrUnpleasant
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 881
    This is so see thru it's unbelievable! NG ceo must be short of funds for his new yacht. All this 'balancing' is aimed at is selling more gold for us to buy component crates. Well NG you can expect zilch from me. I have bought bundles regularly but now I am becoming ftp.
    You treat your customers like a cash cow.
    anniesprinklesWalkAlone5