Save your Badge Fragments and Components - Balance Update is coming!

2

Comments

  • ShadowWalker1212ShadowWalker1212 Member Posts: 2
    Why decrease?? You need to increase the number of badges. I have only seen 3 badge segments in the last 2 months and they were crappy ones. Even when you hand the weekend event meband other members of our guild didn’t get much. I b the n waiting for you to increase them because they are almost non existent.
    romeoMattOfEarth
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Kaz Will the 100% success rate if using all similar components be only for the Legendary rarity level or for all rarity levels?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

    "Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 414
    Is there a set date on this update?
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    edited August 2018
    Kaz said:

    Most likely not, so the event and the component boxes will become more valuable after that balance changes.

    I translate that to mean we will be grateful of all those 1☆ and 2☆ garbage if we get less of them outside of the events, as well as less rare/epic/leg. I do not believe that to be better situation for us if I've got that right.

    If I'm right with that translation, which is exactly how I understood the original announcement to mean, then we get 100% guarantee of Leg badge with all Leg parts, but we will end up with less badges over time as @Narnia points out.

    Get rid of the crappy 1☆ and 2☆ stuff would be good only if replaced with something useful, and without reduction in better quality parts.

    Last Stand BE recruitment

    Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

    I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    Narnia
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,119
    @Kaz Any chance this update will feature something that has been suggested numerous times that players would like to see? Specifically, I'm referring to the trading in of X low level components for one of a higher level? If so, then I would get on board with the lower chances of finding legendary components, but that is the ONLY way I'd be joining that team.

    If that feature isn't implemented, this "balance update" doesn't do players much good, if any and will be seen as a cash grab by NG to increase their bank account's...BALANCE...OMG I just realized why it's called a BALANCE update.

    Also, any chance of seeing new effects or traits from badges, changing ones that we've already crafted, addressing nominal value vs percentage badges and the range of these? For example, some would argue that a particular epic badge has better value when compared to a given legendary badge due to secondary traits or low RNG roll on the legendary badge and that shouldn't be happening in my opinion. I'd like to see ranges that badges can have for certain rarity and they should ALWAYS have a secondary condition or possibly 3rd if a legendary badge. Make one condition based on a survivor trait and the other a teammate trait.
    Black Labs Matter.
    Andy_bromeovivapacojustinc222
  • Andy_bAndy_b Member Posts: 95
    I like that idea, a new platinum badge with 2 conditions
    bladgier
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 551
    .... Im already teetering on the edge of the cliff.
    come council time i may decide to hang it up for good..
    Pic
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    I like the idea of guaranteed legendary badges but I have spent so much money already, I’m nearly giving up. I don’t care if others think ‘luck’ doesn’t exists becasue I know some people have a much better chance of getting legendary badges and some don’t, like myself. I have so many blue badges it’s ridiculous and tried so many times with full gold to only get a blue badge. My 4 legendary badges are pathetic. I agree there is no need to reduce the frequency of component drops because it’s really low now. So basically components will be super rare unless we spend more money when offered.
    romeoDanski_46
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    Kaz, I must say thanks for the info you provide because it’s appreciated!
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,608
    If the component rates were reduced by, say, 25%, it would be easy to swallow if those remaining components were a badge fragment at least 20% of the time. That's 1 in 5. Should pan out just fine.



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Danski_46romeo
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,351
    Oh NG... Improve.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,277
    Legendary badges are meant to be legendary, think NG are trying to stop the same mentality that has happened with weapons where anything less than legendary is useless. It's the long game and at least this way saving for leg will get you leg! I assume we still will have a chance at leg from all epic?
    ShadowaceAzTaulus
  • Governor233Governor233 Member Posts: 53
    Im really happy for this change but it kinda bothers me if the chances are gonna be a lot lower than what they currently are. 12% chance is not high especially considering that gold crates happen about less than 5% of all crates
    romeoJadenanniesprinkles
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    I'm with ya' - burned all my frags during the last badge event. Have not crafted any since, and have ZERO leg frags, and a few epic frags from the distance. The distance is the only place I seem able to get fragments, and components are not very frequent either. Reducing an already abysmally low drop rate for fragments is a poor choice
    anniesprinklesJadenbigbeano
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,858
    Yeah, it would be nice to see an increase in the chance of using all Epic Badge Components/Fragments to get a Legendary Badge. Right now, it's just a 6% chance to craft a Legendary Badge, 57% for an Epic Badge, and 37% for a Rare Badge. I'd like to see the chance of a Legendary Badge being crafted with all Epic Components/Frags at like 25% or around that.
    JadenSPC_TORRESbigbeano
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    @Kaz

    1) Are any gear traits being rebalanced so as to become useful?
    2) Are body shot odds going to be part of the update changes?
    Last Stand BE recruitment

    Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

    I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    anniesprinklesromeo
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Last Stand BE recruitment

    Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

    I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    romeoTJSDanski_46bigbeano
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 246
    It's now clear that legendary components and fragments will be worth more since they will guarantee a legendary badge. Combine that with the reduction in fragments and components to get a better understanding of the reason behind this change. Raise the value of the components and fragments, and at the same time make them more scarce. That combination increases components and fragments values, which in turn makes them easier to sell to players. Players don't value legendary fragments and components now too great because they don't guarantee a legendary badge. This update will change that idea.

    In this game, a "balance update" always means that something will be reduced in effectiveness. Kaz mentions that the badge changes are one of the things in a "lot more stuff", so we will have to wait to see what else has been buffed and nerfed in this balance update.
    Danski_46Japes87
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,357
    nadecir said:

    It's now clear that legendary components and fragments will be worth more since they will guarantee a legendary badge. Combine that with the reduction in fragments and components to get a better understanding of the reason behind this change. Raise the value of the components and fragments, and at the same time make them more scarce. That combination increases components and fragments values, which in turn makes them easier to sell to players. Players don't value legendary fragments and components now too great because they don't guarantee a legendary badge. This update will change that idea.

    In this game, a "balance update" always means that something will be reduced in effectiveness. Kaz mentions that the badge changes are one of the things in a "lot more stuff", so we will have to wait to see what else has been buffed and nerfed in this balance update.

    Translation this change is to increase value and is being done so to increase potential revenue!
Sign In or Register to comment.