Save your Badge Fragments and Components - Balance Update is coming!

13»

Comments

• DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    edited August 2018

Translation this change is to increase value and is being done so to increase potential revenue!
    Right, it's only 'potential' revenue. I don't know about anyone else, but even with 100% guaranteed success, there is no way in hell I'm paying $40 bucks, or whatever the price was, for the legendary fragment bundle that was offered a few months ago. Maybe, maaaybe, $10 at most and even that would require me to consider it for a bit.

So, if players refuse to buy the overpriced bundle that is likely to show up, all NG gains is alienated players because it becomes that much more difficult to acquire legendary badges from game play sources. In fact, I just picked up my first legendary frag from a guild gift since the last badge creation event. Doesn't mean I'm going to drop cash to get more of them.

"I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    DBonesGovernatoramanmahendra
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    nadecir said:

It's now clear that legendary components and fragments will be worth more since they will guarantee a legendary badge. Combine that with the reduction in fragments and components to get a better understanding of the reason behind this change. Raise the value of the components and fragments, and at the same time make them more scarce. That combination increases components and fragments values, which in turn makes them easier to sell to players. Players don't value legendary fragments and components now too great because they don't guarantee a legendary badge. This update will change that idea.

In this game, a "balance update" always means that something will be reduced in effectiveness. Kaz mentions that the badge changes are one of the things in a "lot more stuff", so we will have to wait to see what else has been buffed and nerfed in this balance update.

If someone playing as much as I do hasn't had Legendary parts for over a month, before there is a reduction in drops, then seriously, there is going to be a big problem.

I've had 2 Leg frags waiting for a long time and no leg components have dropped. Not many epics even. Reducing it seems unthinkable.

It's rather pointless guaranteeing a leg badge if it takes a few months to get it.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    MattOfEarthanthony172Danski_46Governator
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @WellyLuga never said that! The jinx doesn't count! 🤡
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

WellyLugaromeo
    I pretty much asked this straight out, but @Kaz didn't take the bait. Player suggestions have been mentioned. RPs went through a similar phase. There were lots of player suggestiins after the last Body shot event.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/334917/#Comment_334917

Guild week twice in quick succession as well. Do NG really think I'm going to see if Guild Advertising has been tweaked?

• andy75andy75 Member Posts: 261
    Maybe there will be a couple legendary frags at the 30k guild reward this week.
    Governator
  • RaffoRaffo Member Posts: 28
    Kaz, I think a good idea could be put in the badge both a number and a %. For example: damage +10% or +350. So high level players use the % and low level ones the number
    Cronus
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Dodkong said:

Translation this change is to increase value and is being done so to increase potential revenue!
    Right, it's only 'potential' revenue. I don't know about anyone else, but even with 100% guaranteed success, there is no way in hell I'm paying $40 bucks, or whatever the price was, for the legendary fragment bundle that was offered a few months ago. Maybe, maaaybe, $10 at most and even that would require me to consider it for a bit.

So, if players refuse to buy the overpriced bundle that is likely to show up, all NG gains is alienated players because it becomes that much more difficult to acquire legendary badges from game play sources. In fact, I just picked up my first legendary frag from a guild gift since the last badge creation event. Doesn't mean I'm going to drop cash to get more of them.

See even when revenue drops the wonderful people at NG who think eventually the community will change are still in charge. This happened with Bundles when the nerfed the shit out of Bundles at the beginning of the year and I blasted them daily, went almost 6 months and forced me to quit paying and now rarely play at all. From a guy who spent over 100 monthly to 0. NG marketing, or promotions or whomever makes these decisions really has no ideal about the consumers. Then they go back and adjust bundles in June or so to make them a little better, but still not what they were.
    Danski_46BelgarathRedOrca
  • nipularnipular Member Posts: 53
    When is the badge thing coming?
    romeoDanski_46jjjj4473
    Soon

bladgierromeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,703
    Hey, @Kaz you mentioned balance changes?

So what's getting nerfed? Besides component drop rates?

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    I_Am_Psychomik81
  • nipularnipular Member Posts: 53
    I got 3 blues with legendary everything DURING the last crafting event, and have gotten 1 fragment since
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 341
    @Kaz any timeframe on this or just the usual SOON? Game needs something bad quick its past boring
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 175
    Actually i stopped playing the distance for several reasons.
    1. The chance getting really good badges is extremely bad (still)
    2. Why the hell do i have to pay so many gas, @kaz hey man. Its called the distance, i proceed from the spot i am, i dont travel back to the camp... thats why it is called
    3. I am fighting down the enemies ircwalkers ....almost..., but not completely, ok, my crew us dead, but when i am attacking with my next crew, surprise, all the enemies are fit again and even the walkers are completely healthy, or healthy dead
    4. The most important reason. Mostly the walkers doesnt attack my enemies, normally they even pass the enemie next to them heading right to my survivor - even if the enemie is hurt and bleeding... the walkers in these days are really picky

I told ng several times about that but i always get the standard answer... be careful outside
    bigbeanoMorpheusmsapaev
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 785
    100% Legendary chance is
    AWESOME news...

And like others, I feel the preocuparion regarding the drop rates... Yesterday I got Legendary chemicals and was definetly a surprise since I hadn't seen a component in a long time... and I'm not talking Legendary... nothing green, or brown, nothing... total dryness...

If it isn't a problem I't would be really really awesome to leave the drop rates as they are... pretty pretty really pretty gorgeous please... 🙏

But other than that the news is awesome, personally I'm really intrigued about the "player requested thaangs" so I'm looking forward to it...

Thanks @Kaz for the heads up...! 😀
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 341
    > @pirate1125 said:
    > @Kaz any timeframe on this or just the usual SOON? Game needs something bad quick its past boring

Not gonna answer?

Soon mean Christmas??
    romeo
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,765
    @Kaz think this might be a good time to release some more tidbits on the balance update. I mean if they are nerfs which people will hate then at least it gets all the hate out this week which could forever be know as the week of hell. Or if it's good stuff then it might allieviate some of the negativity on the forums? Basically I want to know if I'm going to be able to swap gear easier!!!
  • WalkAlone5WalkAlone5 Member Posts: 2
    Since were on the topic of Badges, the component to badge ratio drops for 2 star and one star badges is rediculous. Can we just harvest off the components for coins or tomotates rather than the create badge then exchange method? Our inventory for components in 1 and 2 Stars is rediculous!😒
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 725
    @Kaz, with the announced changes happening soon, are you still planning on having the badge event like in the past? Since you're decreasing drop rates and adding the chance for higher badges all the time now I'm wondering if we should save lower components for the event like we have in the past, thanks!
    donald6283DBones
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Deadheads said:

@Kaz, with the announced changes happening soon, are you still planning on having the badge event like in the past? Since you're decreasing drop rates and adding the chance for higher badges all the time now I'm wondering if we should save lower components for the event like we have in the past, thanks!

Looking at the videos it seems there will be a permanent chance for better badges from lower parts.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    When update hits, I'll be crafting some legendaries.

Like to know if I should wait for an event before I start crafting with non-legendary components.
    DBones
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

When update hits, I'll be crafting some legendaries.

Like to know if I should wait for an event before I start crafting with non-legendary components.

Always wait if you can. ;)
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

jimmorrison369
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,765
    When are the patch notes being released for proper discussion? I am sure that everyone who was going to see the content creator videos will have done so by now....