Best available weapons?

Does anyone disagree that the flaming crossbow is the best available Hunter Rifle hands down? Silver wide bore, gold 30% piercing, gold lethal and 40% incendiary. That's basically 4 traits.

As for assault class I believe The Destroyer is best available. It only has silver spread, which isn't much difference, to go with gold piercing and gold lethal. Also like the sound it makes.

Shooter class I have always liked the savior pistol for the power it packs but lately I am partial to a pistol I have with gold piercing, gold charging and silved interrupt, although I would probably prefer to swap out the interrupt for lethal depending on scenario.

As far as Scout weapons are concerned I think it's a real "to each his own" situation. I prefer a swift strike, charging, and lethal or lucky.
Danski_46romeoMudMoccasin

Comments

• ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    If you are counting the flaming crossbow, a purchased item, in your list, have you considered the flare gun?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

JBreeze38romeo
  • JBreeze38JBreeze38 Member Posts: 106
    I got the winter flare gun at lv 26 which I like but my strategy on pistol is to pack as much punch as possible. I love the flaming crossbow mainly because the incendiary trait is a bonus. Getting back to flare gun, mine is silver ICC, gold incendiary and gold luck. If I could get that with Piercing, charging or lethal to go with incendiary then I would be interested. Let me ask you this tho, if I hit a tank and light him on fire do you think another incendiary blast would do any more damage. Basically what I'm trying to say is do you think he would burn any hotter so to speak as opposed to a +15% charged shot. While I have your attention I also am wondering if you can hit a tank 3 or 4 lv higher with a critical or is everything either a body shot or regular shot. Not sure if I explained that correctly but I think you know what I mean
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,572
    I wouldn't say hands down, it is technically 4 traits though so I can see the appeal. The main drawback for me is that the incendiary part is nerfed down to 40% and isn't affected by lucky. When I use incendiary with Sasha it can be frustrating when incendiary doesn't trigger 2/3 times in a row and that's when it's at 50%. I also really like the destructive trait, especially as my Sasha is geared up defensively this has become something of a necessity!

The flare gun mark 2 is awesome, the one with silver range and gold charging. But personally I have a weapon with silver high powered, gold charging/piercing which has become invaluable to me at high level and in the distance. I think the 2 concussion AR's are probably the best assault weapons in the game.

As for scouts it's situational but the main time my scouts comes out to play are with Michonne when there is a threat counter so my weapon with silver lucky, gold SS/TR is probably the best weapon possible IMO.
    bigbeanoromeobuchizombiebreath
    Appreciate the input, especially regarding pistol. I haven't used Sasha much, actually just got her to legendary so I'm not familiar how best to use her.
    I'm not real big on my two concussion high tech AR on the strength that it's pretty low on assault damage and without piercing it's really not affective on higher levels. I suppose it's better with Sasha hero trait? Also I would appreciate it more if the 2x stun % was more than 60%. It did come in useful during last week's promo of charged AR.
    As for scouts I completely agree with the Michonne hero stacked with scout TR trait. It seems like that's the consensus of most players.
    whitek111
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,572
    Yeah the piercing/charging pistol is deadly with Sasha. With enough damage/crit damage badges and sureshot, if piercing kicks in I can 1-hit high level walkers and there's a 30% chance charging will trigger to fully charge my shooter. Or, if I weaken a walker and finish it off with my shooter with a body shot, there's a 30% chance Sasha's trait will trigger and also a 30% chance from charging. So it's not too uncommon for my shooter to be charged every turn if I play it right. Honestly, it's incredible :smile:
    Danski_46JBreeze38
    That's some intense math you got going on. I might have to remember that equation when I get Sasha lv up. Speaking of pistols I just noticed a new version of the savior hand gun. Silver high powered and gold charging/destructive as opposed to the original silver ICC and gold lethal and ICD. Not really any good without piercing but we both know NG is looking to sell that along with that garbage interrupt bundle hoping people will buy and max them in time for the 'no body shot' promo on Sunday.
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 234
    Best Assault weapons (If you ask me, The Prison Assault Rifle should be in the Prison Bundle as opposed to the Governor's Rifle) :
    JBreeze38buchizombiebreath
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 234
    edited August 2018
    My other favorite Assault Class pick. Works well with characters with Badges with High Damage and High Critical Damage:

Danski_46romeobuchizombiebreath
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    Flaming Crossbow is NOT the best item. If the main goal is using it to light stuff on fire, it is NOT the weapon you want since the 40% lighting on fire can't be increased with lucky traits.

A regular hunter weapon that has a 50% ignite is going to be better. because you can INCREASE the ignite chance.

4 traits doesn't actually mean it's the best.

I would have to say the best weapons (to purchase) are the Flare Gun, and the recent Assault weapon with the stun chance.
    Danski_46Cronusromeobigbeano
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,004
    Agree with @WalkerRon , the Flare Gun and Assault with concussion really help out at higher RSLs. The Savior Handgun in the shop today for $7.99 has killer traits with gold destructive/charging and silver high powered. The only shooter weapon packing a bigger punch would be gold destructive/charging and silver lethal (or gold destructive/lethal with silver charging which does a little less than combo just mentioned), but for a ranged weapon that handgun is perfect.
    JBreeze38DBoneskmr
    > @WalkerRon said:
    > Flaming Crossbow is NOT the best item. If the main goal is using it to light stuff on fire, it is NOT the weapon you want since the 40% lighting on fire can't be increased with lucky traits.
    >
    > A regular hunter weapon that has a 50% ignite is going to be better. because you can INCREASE the ignite chance.
    >
    > 4 traits doesn't actually mean it's the best.
    >
    > I would have to say the best weapons (to purchase) are the Flare Gun, and the recent Assault weapon with the stun chance.

Alright well I never claimed that my main goal was to light stuff on fire with the flaming crossbow. It's is currently my favorite Hunter Rifle because it has the 3 traits I favor in silver bore, gold piercing and gold lethal. The 40% incendiary is just a difference maker for me considering my previous go to hunter rifle has the only the 3 traits I previously mentioned. It's really a subjective topic in which you DISAGREE so with that said what kind of Hunter Rifle do you favor most?
    You say the flare gun and high tech AR are the best but without Piercing trait they don't do much in the later rounds. But that's my opinion.
    romeo
    > @MudMoccasin said:
    > My other favorite Assault Class pic. Works well with characters with Badges with High Damage and High Critical Damage:
    I haven't seen that piece in a hot minute.
    > @MudMoccasin said:
    > Best Assault weapons (If you ask me, The Prison Assault Rifle should be in the Prison Bundle as opposed to the Governor's Rifle) :

I used to like Rick's assault rifle as well but scrapped it a while back. Haven't seen it in a while now. Did the stop selling it?
    My favorite combo on an Incendiary rifle is silver bore and gold incendiary/lucky. A survivor with lucky trait can get to 75% to ignite with that combo and quite frankly this is a great weapon for Sasha. Piercing would reduce her body shot chance and again lucky helps with charge points. That's all I have to say about that.
    JBreeze38DBones
    > @Cronus said:
    > Agree with @WalkerRon , the Flare Gun and Assault with concussion really help out at higher RSLs. The Savior Handgun in the shop today for $7.99 has killer traits with gold destructive/charging and silver high powered. The only shooter weapon packing a bigger punch would be gold destructive/charging and silver lethal (or gold destructive/lethal with silver charging which does a little less than combo just mentioned), but for a ranged weapon that handgun is perfect.

I've always liked the savior hand gun and do have the winter flare. I would like to get the new one with gold charging tho. Also have grown to prefer a pistol with piercing for the late rounds of hard distance along with lv 28 walkers.
    > @Cronus said:
    > My favorite combo on an Incendiary rifle is silver bore and gold incendiary/lucky. A survivor with lucky trait can get to 75% to ignite with that combo and quite frankly this is a great weapon for Sasha. Piercing would reduce her body shot chance and again lucky helps with charge points. That's all I have to say about that.

That actually makes a lot of sense. My problem is I just recently got Sasha to legendary and am not familiar with how to use her. Basically your comment is exactly the feedback I was looking for with this thread.
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 224
    Do you guys even upgrade a ranged weapon that does not have gold piercing? I never do those assaults above that mudmocassin showed me I would scrap, am I missing a trick? Or is it just preference ?
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Green Horns
    romeo
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    The thing with piercing is this - when using Sasha as leader on high level missions, body shots have a chance to create charge points. Since a normal or critical attack from an assault is still too low for a kill, it is actually better to body shot multiple targets, get charged up, then use the charged attack to stun. Piercing diminishes this technique a bit
    JBreeze38DBonesWalkerRonbigbeano
    I got a question regarding the flare gun. I have lv 26 with silver ICC, gold incendiary and gold luck. Do I need piercing to ignite a higher level walker or can they still ignite from a body shot?
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    What is ICC? And yes, a body shot can still ignite
    JBreeze38
    So basically the most important feedback from this thread is the value of Sasha to charge up an assault such as the high tech etc. In my case I haven't used Sasha much as I just got her to legendary so her traits are not as high as others so I had little familiarity with how to use her hero trait strategically. Appreciate all the input
    > @The_Jer said:
    > What is ICC? And yes, a body shot can still ignite

Increased critical chance. ...... Nice, good to know.
    A level 5 incendiary weapon on a lvl 24 survivor can ignite a walker. Of course it will do less damage but if the idea is to set something afire that lvl 5 weapon with gold incendiary has equal chance to light up a walker as that lvl 24 with gold incendiary. So moral of the story is don't trash your upgraded incendiary weapons.
    JBreeze38

Do you guys even upgrade a ranged weapon that does not have gold piercing? I never do those assaults above that mudmocassin showed me I would scrap, am I missing a trick? Or is it just preference ?

Piercing is worthless when you hit guaranteed body shot. When you're not in that range then yes, it's great (but not so great with Sasha in the lead).
    psychwolf
    > @romeo said:
    > my choice to upgrade

That's some crazy fire power.
    romeo
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    @Cronus

Like this one?

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

romeo
    @WalkerRon when you say higher level how high are you talking about? When I try I can get to level 30 before throwing in the towel. I also managed to get to the next to last stage of hard distance (got extremely lucky). I can easily get 900-1145 with the lineup I have so I figured I was doing something right but from everything I have read today it pretty clear that using Sasha hero trait according to the strategy you layed out is the only way to go if I plan on getting past lv 30. I didn't even have Sasha at lv 24 but she is training as of right now. Again I appreciate the feedback.
    I started this thread to compare hunter rifle and it has led me down a completely unexpected rabbit hole of advice, tips and gameplay strategy in great detail.
    I gotta ask, what are some of the personal high scores from some of you guys?