RPG Golden fully upgraded (anybody have that yet?)

Okay so a few people have gotten the RPG already.

Anybody have a fully upgraded one ? Is it any good?

I've seen the green version and wasn't too impressed.

Comments

• RWSRWS Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2018
  • JAKJAK Member Posts: 2
    If true maybe I won't be so disappointed. Actually came on here (first time) to voice concern that getting to 3,000 for the gold RPG is unreasonable. I've been playing every day, running up 300-500 points in the challenge quests, completing daily quests every day, going deep in the distance, buying or taking the free pts in the shop when available, and only have 2,200 with just a few days left. This whole thing wasn't calibrated correctly and is turning me off.
    romeo
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2018
    @jak...what is your player level. Are you in a guild. Did you take advantage of double and triple tokens in the distance..
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,198
    I got mine yesterday so it will be fully upgraded for the no body shot event on Sunday and that's where I think it will shine. Which is a shame considering the potential it had...
    romeoJaden
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    also got mine yesterday. just been doing normal things like you all
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 738
    I'm in the same boat as you @WellyLuga .... anyone know if the issues found with the rare version were ever corrected? @Kaz?
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    edited August 2018
    This weapon isn't all that great for high end stuff. - High end distance, a Hunter with a fire weapon is going to be preferred over this RPG. Sasha is typically going to be the leader, and the RPG has no charges which makes it rather useless on Sasha's team.

My 'pawn hunters' aren't level 24. so its not like they can actually hold the weapon.

I think to make the RPG a bit more useful is to have the center ALWAYS be 100% lighting something on fire, similar to the BBQ full charge attack or reckon. Considering that this weapon requires 2 turns to reload your Hunter is basically doing NOTHING not even helping kiling off walkers. And maybe the targets area around the center has a 50% chance of catching fire.

The nobody shot center point is just not enough to make this weapon good enough. The AOE isn't that much of a big deal considering the assaults can do that job.

romeomik81MudMoccasinBerndErwin
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    NG had an opportunity to take my money to upgrade to next level quicker.

But because it looks very lame, I won't be spending any money on to get it at a higher level.

I'll probably never even upgrade it.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    bladgier
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    I should clarify one aspect of my previous post. I was referring to Council and Training Grounds to get it level 24 instead of 23.

It wouldn't likely be scheduled for upgrading by the time I eventually start work on lvl 24 gear in the future.

If it HAD been more impressive, I could easily have been tempted.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    edited August 2018
    ATLAS-Z said:

Everyone keeps talking about fire or burn making the RPG useful.

I respectfully disagree. That won't get it off the shelf for me.

Instead of no body shot, middle target needs to be a guaranteed crit, so we don't need crit chance badges and can load up on crit damage.

Still very useless without the body shot, if it body shots crit is useless. anyways.

Useful = anything that helps you against walkers of higher level in distance/challenges when they're at 33+. (where body shots makes all your damage = crap)
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 798
    Also... again speaking on the 2 Turns reload, this leaves one wide open in an Outpost Raid and subsequently at a huge disadvantage. DON'T equip it on any Hunters you take unless you know for sure the Outpost is a piece of cake. Or unless you intend on losing....
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,412
    @walkerron

Auto crit, no body shot, regardless of enemy level. If that wasn't clear

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    edited August 2018
    ATLAS-Z said:

@walkerron

Auto crit, no body shot, regardless of enemy level. If that wasn't clear

You wrote "Instead of no body shot," which means you would rather have auto crit only.

It wasn't clear at all in your reply. You meant to say "In addition to nobody shot" then ?

Well..... I've unlocked and fully upgraded Daryl's Legendary RPG and long story short, I am not incredibly impressed. One would assume that with the danger of friendly fire and the amount of damage it causes to teammates (situation where I had no choice), it would be more than highly effective in wiping out armored and fat walkers but unfortunately, it only kills the center walker and if it doesn't kill the surrounding remainder, it doesn't even set them on fire!!! One would also think that with all the hype for the Summer Event in collecting all these summer tokens that the reward would be incredibly, extremely, profoundly, awesome...... don't get me wrong it looks/sounds extremely cool but that's about it.... the lengthy 2 turns reload time, inability to ignite surviving walkers, the potential to hurt other team mates with friendly fire, it's ineffectiveness in dispatching tough walkers (and even most normal ones-you get better results with the Flaming Crossbow, Flair Gun, and Rosita's Concussion Rifle), concludes this overhyped weapon leaves a lot to be desired.... Especially since one of the most iconic moments in the entire Walking Dead show was when Daryl used the RPG to obliterate that group of Saviors on motorcycles!!!!!😡😡😡😡😡😠😠😠😠😠

I know it's really depressing all the hype of this event and when you finally get it. It's actually the most garbage weapon.

Friendly fire.
    2 turn reload time = your hunter is USELESS for 2 hunters doing NOTHING.

You're better off taking an Assault survivor that ends up doing more AOE damage (given the wide arc) during the 3 turns. and does way more AOE than a fixed circle.
    Just tally up the damage you can do with an assault during 3 turns. Compare it to the damage this RPG can do in 3 turns.
    I mean even if the assault body shots 3 times it will still end up being the same or better.

MudMoccasin
  • JAKJAK Member Posts: 2
    @RWS am lvl67 using lvl23 fighters, yes small guild, not sure about double/triple on distance. Have been doing normal level and doing 18-21 encounters each time. Am I catching the double/triples?
    They had 2 weeks of "Triple" distance reward- I believe. This current week is not it.
  • El_SargeEl_Sarge Member Posts: 15
    I enjoy using my upgraded green RPG for scavenge missions just for the sake of breaking up the monotony. It's not a very useful or powerful weapon, but it's fun.
    anthony172Jadenmack22romeo
    For @WalkerRon and anyone who didn't understand the spirit of my suggestion...

Instead of no body shot [only], middle target needs to be a guaranteed crit [100% always regardless of enemy level aka "guaranteed" as the word means, similar to a charged attack], so we don't need crit chance badges and can load up on crit damage.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    romeo
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    A shooter will always crit higher than a RPG hunter (Ruthless, charge...) On a shooter you can have also revenge (extra attack), piercing, you do damage every single turn, can't do friendly damage, and on charged attacks you get a crit attack and regular attack. You can move better with a shooter (you need SS on the RPG to really guarantee that crit)...

I'd think is a decent weapon for starter, mid-players. You can use it with an hero like Maggie and be pretty good. For high end players... I'd think we have better options.
    romeoWalkerRonWellyLugaGovernator
    @mik81

I 100% agree... And even with my suggestion I'd still primarily use my shooters for BIG damage.

BUT... In the Distance, any hunters with spent charge attacks (No charge points) could grab the RPG and join in for a nice one-shot respectable damage before being fed to the hoard, or opening a gate.

Our page :

Send me a PM
    romeoanthony172Governator
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    Yeah... but you need Sure Shot(& not move), and lvl 24 survivor.... or just pray to be lucky. Even on the Distance the use is very limited...
    romeoWalkerRonGovernator
    For @WalkerRon and anyone who didn't understand the spirit of my suggestion...

Instead of no body shot [only], middle target needs to be a guaranteed crit [100% always regardless of enemy level aka "guaranteed" as the word means, similar to a charged attack], so we don't need crit chance badges and can load up on crit damage.

Our page :

Send me a PM
    romeo
    edited August 2018
    If you're insisting that it be changed with crit 100% you might as well also request they change the trait to have no crit chance on it and no lucky on it. (it currently has those 2 traits on it)

The reason Fire Burn is highly requested is because at a higher level the mob gets 10% damage bleed per turn.

So let's just do a simple number comparison.
    examples only:
    10,000 HP on mob. 1k damage taken off per turn.
    So let's say the weapon does 500 dmg + 1k dmg from the first 10% bleed.
    Total damage 3.5k after 3 turns.

If your weapon crits to say 1k damage in one shot on the first turn.
    You're spending 2 extra turns doing nothing. In those 2 turns. the monster with the fire could be bleeding 2k damage.
    Total damage 1k after 3 turns.

percentage based damage scales the higher we go up in the monsters health pool.

Your crit damage weapon works great on LOWER level monsters with a cap on their health pool.
    But percent based damage at a higher level results.

So let's go with a monster now at a HP level 100,000HP.
    It will take 10 turns for that monster to die with a 10% fire burn.
    (you can kite the monster around for 10 turns doing nothing if you wanted).

Your 1k damage crit weapon will take 100 turns to kill.
    (you must keep shooting it every turn as well.)

anthony172
    edited August 2018
    Edit note: The first example uses fire weapon. second example comparison uses the RPG.
    I hope you understand what "crit damage" means. It is the critical damage % of your weapon's base damage value.
    Crit damage does NOT mean a percent damage of the mob you're attacking.

The Fire Damage = 10% damage bleed of the monster's health.

Crit damage does NOT scale with the monsters health at higher level. As you're facing off with higher and higher monster (in distance and challenge)- you want fire damage because that is the only thing that will kill the monster within 10 turns or less. (ALWAYS)

Anything other damage that your weapon can do take more than 10 turns as the difficulty increases. (The number of turns will dramatically increase with higher level monsters with increasing health)

• DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 738
    I just think, thematically, the center target should be 100% crit (who can block a rpg? unless its a ninja walker that does some fancy kung-fu shit) and all others in the blast area have a set chance of getting set on fire, like the flaming crossbow has.
    Haha thanks for the lesson @WalkerRon

First rule of any lecture tho, "know your audience".

Nice to meet you, my name is Ben. Big Ben if you like, I'm 6' 7".

Been playing this game for years, I'm level 68, maxed out, mostly free-to-play other than an occasional booster if I fancy it.

I beat hard mode Distance twice a week, and get 1500-1700 challenge stars per week (Without spending gold to heal).

I've not upgraded my Legendary RPG yet, tho I have it unlocked, but with my upgraded green launcher my top hunters do about 18,000 - 20,000 damage on a critical hit.

So that's me, pleased to make your acquaintance :-)

Later, I'll re-read your informative lecture and see if there's anything I'd like to rebut.

Until then, happy hunting brother!

Our page :

Send me a PM