Comment approval needed?

I’ve been a forum member for over a year and my comments never needed approval before. Wonder why all the sudden they need to be approved.
Danski_46Jenng

Comments

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    Same here.
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @WalkerRon is correct, the "After approval" message will appear if you edit the message more than a couple times within a determined period of time. It is a built in process of the forums to help stop some spamming techniques used.

If you compose a message and edit it but detrimental it still has an error, it is best to just make a new comment directly after that one. If the error is so bad you wish it to be never seen again. Yes editing it again may allow the correction to take hold, or it may cause the message to be stuck in forum approver's jail.

If the message is long long long and detailed, you really really want it recovered so you do not have to recreate, you can sent a PM to @zbot @David_H79 @MadPuppy @Cherokee_Rose - Forum Moderators and ask them to see about approving the message. Sorry for all the tags

However, keeping in mind how many messages, things, and people they work on daily, I personally try not to bother them with message retrieval.

This is a feature of the Vanilla Forums that is used to run this place.

I hope that was useful, and made sense.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Oh I just noticed your other spam posting.. Here that would also be a reason, I mistakenly assumed it happened without common sense reasons.
    Concordia

WalkerRon
  • WalkerRonWalkerRon Member Posts: 288
    I just saw your spams on another thread. I think I see why your post needs approval now. LOL. Should be obvious why your posts need approval. Goodness. Spam much ?
    ShadowaceAz
    Another thing that might get ya in approval jail is multiple accounts on the forums by the same owner. just saying...
    Concordia

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Could still have been a bug... or have something to do with the editing (like I commented in the other threat) - just speculating here. The first has a different timestamp and the other have the same.

First with the same is the only complete one.

So my guess is: bug

(Yeah, and we make it hard to follow the discussion, talking about it in two different threads. :D )
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Jenng
  • whitek111whitek111 Member Posts: 94
    I just had that same problem yesterday and messaged Kaz and he got it fixed for me saying its it's a bug and happens time to time. I never spam or edit usually so could be just that as well.
    Jenng
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    I’m sure it was an unintentional spamming. That’s what happens when it doesn’t post the first time. Occasionally it’s glitchy and wonky shit goes down.

JadenSCBMA
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 373
    It was none of the above reasons.

It started out of blue. I didn’t edit my post, I never spam. Honestly, I am a good forum member! Lol!

I had the problem for 2 days and I kept retrying thinking maybe this time it will go through. I contacted @David_H79 and @kaz after 2 days and they released my comments and they ALLLLLLLL posted. Katz said the spam filter had gone crazy and he turned it off since it was all the sudden causing problems.

I realize it was irritating but it was purely unintentional.
    JenngJaden
    Thanks, @SCBMA!
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    As the most irritating forumer , it’s definitely not you. No apologies are needed for what couldn’t be helped.

SCBMAJaden
    As usual, @Jenng, I appreciate your attitude and your humor. You da best, sister!
    SCBMAJenngJaden