NML Hall of Fame

TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,201
So I've decided to make something for the community and with the help of my friend @Pic we are proudly announcing the “NML Hall of Fame”!

The idea is of course to celebrate players that are somehow inspiring to others and have made longtime contributions to the game, be it as talented strategist, a social phenomenon or something in between.

For this we will form a committee consisting of:

Top 20 Global players

+
Top 10 guild leaders or representatives
= 30 members

Basic procedure will be: each member of those 30 that form the committee will name three players to be eligible for "NML Hall of Fame". We will then sort out all picked names from those 90 entries and see who gets more mentions to form our initial list of ten players that will be the first of the “NML Hall of Fame”. Please take notice that this works similarly to FIFA’s Golden Ball award.

The committee will be set based on Player and Guild Global Leaderboards right after the weekly Challenge that ends on Aug 27th. The list will be posted here and representatives will be tagged and/or PMed. Results will be announced shortly after we gather all votes from the committee members. Guild leaders that are also top 20 players won’t be counted twice, so this committee membership will pass to the next top player. Players that don’t respond or don’t want to participate pass their opportunity to the next top player, in the same procedure as above. 

We won’t reveal committee picks, but we are not asking for anyone to hide their picks, so players are allowed to share if they want.

I hope this sounds a good idea to you as it sounds to us. We are counting on everyone to engage the community on this, so please share within your guild families and chat apps!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers and good vibes!

Troublemaker

Pic

::
Mavericks Guild Family

-

UPDATE 1

We will ask each committee member to select 5 names instead of the previous 3. This decision was made on player feedback.

We are also adding that one can't vote for himself/herself.

This will make the final countdown 150 votes instead of 90, thus increasing the variety and reflecting in more solid final numbers.

UPDATE 2

We will not reveal the votes for everyone, but Kaz or someone from NG will validate them.

The committee will have access to the votes too if needed.

UPDATE 3

“NML Hall of Fame” nominees will receive an unique forum badge and a certificate from NG!
Mavericks Guild Family
bladgierbuchizombiebreathKick_assMarleen83DissileKazLauraR65TJSDeathwish19ccmPicspondo1212javajnkieJapes87abve

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,201
    FOLLOW UP!

Nominees are expected to answer an interview and share some images.

We will do a series of forum posts to praise them with these interviews and engage the community.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Kick_ass
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,939
    Cool!

Does making Magic Mike videos in Line app NML community chat counts as an entry? 😆
    TroublemakerKick_ass
    There are no rules for what committee will pick @bladgier

But I guess a vodka showered cigar smoked character gamble would definitely impact the choices!
    Mavericks Guild Family
    buchizombiebreathKick_assbladgierDissile
  • buchizombiebreathbuchizombiebreath Member Posts: 1,131
    Love this idea!!

Well done!
    TroublemakerFingerfood
  • LauraR65LauraR65 Member Posts: 62
    Great idea guys! Good luck to everyone!
    TroublemakerFingerfood
    > @Drunken said:
    > Can my name be in the running I am the biggest asshole the game has seen

You can start the campaign now! A strong contender for sure... 😂
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Fingerfood
    Can i Vote myself?
    My elders Made a decision with me and my Name come to often the ignorieren😂
    But maybe they are Just scared from me😬
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    I nominate @Capleton.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,783

FOLLOW UP!

We will do a series of forum posts to praise them with these interviews and engage the community.

For "interview" you are talking of those audio/video things we were used with @Pain_Walker ??
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    General_Pain
    > @capibara said:
    > FOLLOW UP!
    >
    > 

>
    > We will do a series of forum posts to praise them with these interviews and engage the community.
    >
    > For "interview" you are talking of those audio/video things we were used with @Pain_Walker ??

No. It will be text only, with the same questions for every player. It will be a lot shorter.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    > @Bill_ZRT said:
    > Anyone else feel they don't need a committee to validate the fact that they are, in fact, a legend? :wink:

This is our event and these are the rules we set for it. Simple as that, no one is being forced to participate, and if a player does not want to be part of the committee to vote, it will be passed on to the next until we get 30 members.

Top 20 Global + Top 10 Guild leaders is a interpretation of excellence, experience and understanding of the game and also the community, so these players will probably make reasonable picks.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    edited August 2018
    > @TransmuteJun said:
    > I'm a legend in my own mind. Does that count? ;)

Of course it does. But only if one of the 30 committee members think you deserve their vote! 😂
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Bill_ZRTDLichTransmuteJunGovernator
    edited August 2018
    @capibara it's totally fine to disagree with the rules and I absolutely understand your points.

However, to make this happen, we needed something to start and this seemed good enough for us. A simple straight rule like this works better on average than random picks made by my personal preference, for example. We need a clear goal and how-to.

So please try to see the event from outside too, from many perspectives, not just personal point of view. It's not an easy thing to do.

Most top 20 Global are here since the start and have been through a lot in the game's history. All players today watch videos on YouTube, visit the forum and participate on community chat apps. Or at least check on all this. The guild votes are even more democratic, since many guilds have shared leaderships and will have their picks discussed internally before any final vote.

Also please keep note > "The committee will be set based on Player and Guild Global Leaderboards right after the weekly Challenge that ends on Aug 27th".

Trust! This will be good.

Cheers and good vibes!
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • Kick_assKick_ass Member Posts: 513
    Wow. This should be fun. I'm working @Troublemaker and @Pic. Let's just give it a shot, have some fun and see what happens!!

@TransmuteJun I feel the same way. Not sure why the world doesn't see it.
    Maverick’s Core Leader and / OG Co-Leader
    Other Leaders | Pic |
    Tux77 |
    KeepGen |

Stolen from Dlich
    Troublemaker
  • spondo1212spondo1212 Member Posts: 44
    I will see what you are doing 😉
    Regards from Groot Leader of the Sisters Family
    UPDATE!

We will ask each committee member to select 5 names instead of the previous 3. This decision was made on player feedback.

We are also adding that one can't vote for himself/herself.

This will make the final countdown 150 votes instead of 90, thus increasing the variety and reflecting in more solid final numbers.
    Mavericks Guild Family