experience

Anyone tips or hints to obtain exp ?,since upgraded,the exp is small compared to what is required to upgrade gear / survivors

Comments

• rayray Member Posts: 111
    I just do the xp missions and kill as many walkers as possible, seems to be the only way
    Leader of TWD Extreme
    jureforjusticeICED
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    I agree with @ray, some folks think that if you can finish a mission before the 1st respaws happens (or at least with as few as possible) that you can get a better haul form the cards/chests, but from my experience it seems to be random.

So, except for deadly missions,I usually try and farm as long as I can.

The one exception is if I can finish a mission with no respawns I'm still researching to see if I can't better stuff.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • rayray Member Posts: 111
    @SlayerSect it is totally random regarding the chests, I have done the same in finishing the quest before a respawn, and it makes no difference.
    Leader of TWD Extreme
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    What level are your survivors? Mine are only lvl 8 so I do the tomato missions and try stay a while to farm xp. I usually get about 1.1k xp per mission. So 10 missions is 11k xp not including chests. I'm also really picky with what I upgrade. So far no problems with xp.

• OwlkapwnOwlkapwn Member Posts: 168
    Scrap all gear and only spend on upgrading epic/leg stuff
    Leader - The Owls Nest
  • trumptontrumpton Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for info, think selective upgrading and farming for exp seems to consensus
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    Scrapping gear is a great way to get extra xp - also, you are capped at 140 items in inventory, at which point there will be auto-scrapping. Prolly better to do it yourself so you know what you're getting rid of. Anyway, scrap all the level 1 gear as soon as you can equip something better.
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    Owlkapwn said:

Scrap all gear and only spend on upgrading epic/leg stuff

This only holds true if you believe epic and legendary items are always superior no matter what. So are you saying a lv 8 legendary weapon is superior to a lv 12 rare weapon? Legendary equipment is not always superior to lesser star equipment.

I always scrap obsolete equipment no matter their quality stars if I know I'll never use it again. So I've scrapped quite of few older legendary equipment that were no longer needed.
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2015
    Get your car to as high fuel cap as you can afford, then just do the "Supplies" side missions over and over. Use rifles, or Assaults if you have access to them, as they can kill a lot more walkers per mission. Watch movies when they are offered, as the more chests you open the higher chance you will get additional fuel. You will get plenty of weapons/armour from chests, the XP rolls in like flood water from the kills alone, and the supplies you will get as the mission bonus will allow you to continue upgrading tents in camp. Also, get in as many challenge missions as you can.

P.S.: I am not getting 1.1K XP per mission like Helio, I am getting 3-8k XP per mission, due to the huge numbers of walkers (299 is my record) I kill. If you want proof I will take a snapshot of my screen the next time I get one in that range, just need to charge my camera battery.
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @GlassDeviant: what lvl are your survivors? Mine are only lvl 8 and now I'm getting about 1.8k xp as I started using 2 shooters and 1 hunter (if only I could find another hunter!!!) But I got 17k xp from the "container" terminus challenge. I should be able to do it 1-2 more times before it gets too hard.

Mine are all 9-10 now, but I was getting some pretty high mission scores ever since I discovered that supply side missions and challenge missions with 3 Hunters were the best for XP, simply because of the kill count your could rack up.
    edited November 2015
    299 is no longer my record. You can see how effective this strategy can be, although this is a challenge mission not a supplies side mission.

ICEDtrumpton
    @GlassDeviant Now that's farming! Nice haul
    Leader - The Owls Nest
    @Headhunter I didn't say any of that. Using one's discretion for the most effective gear was implied
    Leader - The Owls Nest
  • trumptontrumpton Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for advice and input, ive found level 7 episode 4 very good, ie once u shut barrier/block road u are asked to head to exit however you can shot zombies infinitely as they respawn from the pile without any danger to yourself. Im level 9 at moment.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Yes, lvls 7-4 and 9-3 are good for extreme farming if one has enough patience and time... ;)
    Version 1.4 will apparantly 'fix' that so you better get on it while you can :smile:
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • AhexAhex Member Posts: 78
    Level 9-3 wasn't farm mission for me. Lower left corner is open. So there is no idea to do that mission. Move dumpsters and block zombies. Yet they spawn behind you. Similar crappy mission is 10-4? where you move cars to block a road and zombies crawl under railings.
This discussion has been closed.