Ability to Name Gear and Badges is Needed IMHO

@Kaz @Shteevie I know this might sound dumb, but I believe it could be useful. I was wondering if it would be possible (and not difficult to implement if decided it has value) to have the ability to assign weapons, armor, and possibly even badges an identifier or name, similar to how we can name survivors. I don't necessarily mean changing the name that the weapon is given, but that could work too.

This would be useful, for example, when swapping out gear among survivors for Distance or when moving badges, or for planning purposes. I might have a particular Scout weapon that is great for Challenge missions, but a better one for the Distance and being able to name it would quickly allow me to find it and swap.
Black Labs Matter.
RevenantJadenJenng

Comments

• The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    @Shteevie One of the most annoying things with gear swapping is the un-equip / re-equip process. It requires going to the gear screen to see who has it (if you do not remember), back to the survivor who has it to un-equip, then to the survivor who you want to assign it to. Would it be possible to allow gear selection from the survivor screen to show all gear, not just the unassigned gear? And when selecting, show the gear in a 3 grid similar to the gear screen. If you want to equip something already equipped, the survivors could swap what they have.
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    Something that would work for me, is if I'm wanting to equip a weapon on survivor 1, but it's on survivor 2, I should be able to click on the weapon for survivor 1 and see all weapons that I have, even on survivors. Then I should be able to select whatever weapon for survivor 1, and if I choose the weapon that survivor 2 has, then the end result is simply survivor 1 and 2 swapping weapons but cutting out all of the scrolling through and management aspect of it. This should be done behind the scenes for players to make things much easier. Just a thought.
    Black Labs Matter.
    zivaoliviaShadowaceAzJaden