Carl - "second chance" triggered 3x in a row on the same character?

I thought this could only trigger once per chatacter? During a raid it triggered 3 times in a row on the same character and not once on either of the other 2 characters.
anthony172SCBMA

Comments

• SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,353
    I have been tracking that too, something is not quite right with Carl’s leader trait as an outpost defender.

• CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,180
    Note to self. Quickly move Carl into Outpost defense. Have him bring his flare gun.
    SCBMAJaden
    @Cronus
    I spent all of my radios on Carl day. :D
    Cronus
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 366
    Also noticed it lately.
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Are you noticing it in particular on one specific turn?

I believe if Carl's trait activates, he is save for the duration of one turn, meaning you can shoot him with three charged shooter attacks in one turn, and he can still survive because its all happening in the 1 "life saved" turn. (The same reason why he can dodge multiple walkers attacks that would otherwise have immediately killed him) However, if the trait is activating over multiple turns, then I believe you definitely are seeing a bug.
    SCBMAcrambert_nec
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,179
    edited August 2018
    Carl's trait is amazing in the distance. On maps where you need to open a gate with raiders sprinting about the map. It'll often buy you a turn or two, which might be the difference between a raider dying or getting the gate open.

I'm sure I've seen it trigger multiple times there too. Second, third and sometimes fourth chance it should be called :lol:
    SCBMAanthony172
    I didn’t know Carl’s leader trait was for “the duration of one turn”. Yes, I am seeing that but also it activates on his next turn too. I would like to know if this is working as intended. I already spent radios to get more of his tokens and will continue to do so. It would be a bummer to find out down the road that he is being “rebalanced”.
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    To my knowledge, it should only happen for one turn, per character, at most. Maybe this is a legit bug then.
    SCBMA
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    It's working as intended, but I agree that the description could be more objective. The trait can be triggered multiple times on the same turn, but only once per mission.

It works this way because we wanted to prevent the situation where Carl gets attacked by multiple walkers/survivors on the same turn and would have died anyway. So if Carl's trait got triggered, hit someone else! :D
    WellyLugajimmorrison369