NML Hall of Fame

TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,471
It's with great honor that I proudly announce the ten players inducted to the first edition of the “NML Hall of Fame":

Terminates
Stelio
Dlich
Troublemaker
Putchuco
CherryBomb
Mímica
Tatyanne
OneLessTitan
WeekOne
crambert

Congratulations to all!

The election was made by a committee of 30 previously selected members (as seen here and here), with a total of 150 votes validated by a NG representative. It’s great to see that this group looked at the community not only as competitive players, but also as forum enthusiasts, bloggers, YouTubers and caring guild members. Inspiration comes in different forms and the votes reflected that.

Players listed above will be getting a unique forum badge and also a physical certificate from NG. For that please get in contact with @Kaz.

I’d like to thank my friend and guildmates @Pic and @Kick_ass for the encouragement, @Kaz for the official support, and to all the NML Community that praised the event, helping us get in touch with all committee members and giving feedback on how this can be improved going ahead.

Good vibes!

UPDATE: Mímica requested not to be a part of this, and we fully respect his decision. So crambert joins the roster as the next most voted player.
kiwinz7KazxMelxtinytuna007StelioDeathwish19WeekOneCBgaming1969PicJimiFaithMrsScattercushionl2wannabe

Comments

• SerpSerp Member Posts: 621
    I am torn. It is hard for me to get behind a Hall of fame list that does not include @Teeceezy but at the same time that is a great list of awesomeness!
    Bill_ZRTTroublemakerJenngJadenWeekOnewrinkled_bagboosh
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 7,157

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. LINE ID: capyrodent - My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    SCBMATRUFAtwdnmlJadenJenngwrinkled_bag
  • buchizombiebreathbuchizombiebreath Member Posts: 1,131
    Congrates all!
    TroublemakerWeekOneJimiFaith
  • tinytuna007tinytuna007 Member Posts: 337
    Congratulations to all the winners! it could not have been easy to narrow down the list to only 10 people when there are many grates in the game. Hats off to those who thought up the idea to honor players for their contribution to begin with. A lot of work was put into it and I for one am grateful.

I know it was said that this was just the beginning and I know that other deserving players will be added to that list of inductees and I am looking forward to that.
    Eh Family Recruiter Contact me at [email protected] to join!
    TroublemakerDeathwish19alwardcWeekOneSavannahGuy81Pic
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402

Happy
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

capibara
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,471
    > @javajnkie said:
    > @Amazayn , if you ever drop by and see this, know you have a permanent spot in the DTP hall of fame!

He indeed got many votes, but not enough to make the cut. Perhaps because he retired a long time ago.

Back when we starting roughing out this idea, we were including all former #1 players. But then it got stuck on difficulties to finding historical data and ways of communication.
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195

Congratulations everyone!!!

Also, huge shout out to the people who organized this. Super good initiative and a lot of work was put into this.

Last but not least....

Tammy <3

SavannahGuy81Deathwish19Troublemaker
    edited August 2018
    All votes were validated by NG and are fully available for commitee members to check, in case you want to question my work and the legitimacy of this event.

Also please keep in mind that different people think different, and what seems like a HoF player to you may not be for others.
    tinytuna007
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I know many have put negative spins on this "Hall of Fame" but I know there were alot of people putting alot of work into it & doing their best to make it fair.

Congrats to everyone who made the list & well done to everyone who did the work to put it all together.

I'm sure it could have been improved & there's no doubt there's many players not on the list that are also true heroes of the game.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    WeekOneTroublemakertinytuna007GovernatorDeathwish19Jadenenigma12
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,562
    edited August 2018
    PigBenis said:

I know Terminates has made videos and guides to be helpful to the community and is probably very well known. But aside from that, what have each of the other people done or contributed? Why are they "famous"? Without that, this all merely looks like a popularity contest among friends, who think that this "award" matters.

Yeah I’m not sure why I got awarded but I’ll take it. Not really sure what I’ve contributed to the community :trollface:

This is a player driven, community based, openly viewable committee with members of top ranked guilds having to literally choose from however many names. I can’t imagine it’s easy.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Troublemakertinytuna007
  • SavannahGuy81SavannahGuy81 Member Posts: 45
    Good job @Troublemaker
    Not easy to please all but you did great putting this on..
    I agree with some that gave good reason to have guys like slayer on it but it’s a vote and he should be on next turn I hope..
    Think @crambert_nec as well for helping all in distance..
    This was first run at it so can’t put all hall of famers in first turn..
    Still great idea and work to do something, that deserv respect.
    Cheers all and keep killing em all.
    TroublemakerWeekOneDeathwish19crambert_necKick_ass
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442

Congrats all!
    Bill_ZRTSPC_TORRESGovernatorSCBMATransmuteJunJadenbigbeanowrinkled_bagKick_ass
    PigBenis said:

@DLich You and @Terminates and @OneLessTitan are 3 that make sense to me without needing any other information to justify the nomination. The others though...still looking for justification. Not saying that they aren't valid, I'd just like to know what each person DID or is known for, that's all.

Maybe you could join the committee to help out? That might help you understand the process/initiative. Just a thought! :)
    Deathwish19tinytuna007BloodyChainsawTroublemakerKick_ass
    > @PigBenis said:
    > Just curious, and you'll have to forgive my ignorance here, but why are each of these members "famous"? I look at the list and I see 10 names. Of these 10 names, I've seen 5 before...3 of those on this forum. I know Terminates has made videos and guides to be helpful to the community and is probably very well known. But aside from that, what have each of the other people done or contributed? Why are they "famous"? Without that, this all merely looks like a popularity contest among friends, who think that this "award" matters. I'm saying this because I know I'm not the only one thinking it, and not trying to be negative here. I just think that there's a LOT of information missing to provide any sort of credibility or validity.
    >
    > Also, I've decided to start a hall of fame within my guild, that is to include 20 players within my guild and as voted on by members of my guild. The only rule is that you can't vote for yourself. Will post the results shortly.

All procedures have been explained in detail in all forum posts, for full transparency. I'm sorry this is not enough. We can't please everybody.

I also can give you all personal points on why each of these names has been chosen, but that's personal and does not reflect the voting group. Simply sad, I don't know "why" these names are "famous". Fact is, community cares about them a lot.

If you take your time to check who was voting, you will see that not only top players were voting, but also guild representatives that discussed the votes within their groups. We are easily dealing with 500+ players here. The names that "won" fully reflect that diversity.

Fortunately for every "dislike" or "lol" that has been posted here, there's at least twice the supporting msgs, which encourages me to go on with this idea, showing how well received this event was.

I think I have said all that needs to be said.
    WeekOneSavannahGuy81Deathwish19tinytuna007BloodyChainsawKick_ass
    edited August 2018
    There will always be someone who disagrees, tries to undermine, or doesn’t like a good initiative... just keep on trucking @Troublemaker .... you are doing great!

It’s too bad “some” people don’t care enough for the community to take some sort of initiative to do something good for our community, like @Troublemaker just did.

Keep up the good work TM, you’re a cool kid in my eyes! <3:*<3
    TroublemakerDeathwish19tinytuna007SavannahGuy81Kick_ass
This discussion has been closed.