NML Hall of Fame

Comments

• WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    @Scowley I love your suggestion:

A quick appraisal of what a players achievement was would have made it more interesting to me.

For example

Terminates - For services to forum videos as content creator.
    Stelio - The achievement of being the games current highest scoring player?
    Dlich - For services to forum mathematics and formula.

Trae
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    WeekOne said:

A quick appraisal of what a players achievement was would have made it more interesting to me.

For example

Only reason I was hoping for above such information is because @Troublemaker said:

And just to finish: I have already received some votes and you can be sure that all aspects are being taken into consideration, not just "star performance". Which just proves how smart and aware of the community these 30 committee players are.

That's why I was thinking we would learn what the people are recognized for, if other aspects aside from being a top player were in place.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

PigBeniscapibara
    Beautiful @tinytuna007 <3
    tinytuna007javajnkie
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    @tinytuna007 While being a social butterfly that brings several guilds together for events is great, I fail to see how that has an impact on 95% of the NML community or game. I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but I believe the hall of famers should include people that have changed the game in some way, or developed strategies, implemented ideas, etc. I don't believe that the guy Hulk Hogan beat up on during a Saturday AM bout should be inducted as he isn't the star of the show.
    Black Labs Matter.
    capibaraTrae
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,249
    Scowley said:

This looks like an emotive subject and one that I've toyed with not commenting on for that exact reason, however as an outsider i feel i have a subjective view and can see where some confusion has lain in it's inception.

Firstly @Troublemaker I hope you are happy with the way your event was run, it mustn't have been easy running the gauntlet of being labelled self congratulatory or narcissistic.

I am aware of the concept of a Hall of Fame but from my experience i've never seen one outside of a US sporting endeavour, perhaps this is what some people are struggling with maybe. I know us Brits are renouned for our self depreciation and usual feel embarrassed by praise from our peers. Perhaps this process of seeking recognition has turned some people off.

As for the impact a player has made to the game either through the forum or their scores I guess that is subjective as well. A rusty hinge always gets the most oil, but surely the quiet player at the top of the leader board also deserves as must attention.

The point I see others making is regarding why someone is present in this list. The easy answer is because they were voted so. As a regular forum user and casual player I recognise some names but not all. A quick appraisal of what a players achievement was would have made it more interesting to me.

For example

Troublemaker
    Putchuco
    Cherrybomb
    Mímica
    Tatyanne - The games seventh highest scoring player?
    OneLessTitan - For services to their external Wiki site?
    WeekOne

I believe I recognise Troublemaker, Putchuco and WeekOne from the forum, but apologies to Cherrybomb and Mimica for your names not being familiar to me.I also don't have Facebook so I guess one of these personalities could be a big deal on there?

I've also tried looking into the biggest scoring guilds but I can only find the scores from the latest challenge.

Again I must make it clear I am not trying to fan any flames, in fact I'm trying to bring everyone together. If a regular player and forum user like me does not know why these players are important to this game we all love, is it right to expect that the vast majority will not either?

Hi there! And thanks for engaging.

As explained previously, I can only give my personal view, and that does not reflect all voters opinions. So I'll keep it to myself but I can gladly chat about it with you on PM.

It was also explained in a previous forum post about this event that the nominees are expected to answer a short interview, so all players can learn better from them not only about the game, but who they are.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    WeekOneScowley

WeekOne said:

For example

Only reason I was hoping for above such information is because @Troublemaker said:

And just to finish: I have already received some votes and you can be sure that all aspects are being taken into consideration, not just "star performance". Which just proves how smart and aware of the community these 30 committee players are.

That's why I was thinking we would learn what the people are recognized for, if other aspects aside from being a top player were in place.

There are short interviews planned. Pls check my above answer to @Scowley.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    WeekOneScowley
    PigBenis said:

@tinytuna007 While being a social butterfly that brings several guilds together for events is great, I fail to see how that has an impact on 95% of the NML community or game. I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but I believe the hall of famers should include people that have changed the game in some way, or developed strategies, implemented ideas, etc. I don't believe that the guy Hulk Hogan beat up on during a Saturday AM bout should be inducted as he isn't the star of the show.

Not trying to be an asshole? Seriously!

If she was voted in by a committee, she doesn’t need to justify anything to you.... lmfao

Maybe you could focus your energy on helping or improving a good initiative.

tinytuna007BWilsAndriusDeathwish19
  • tinytuna007tinytuna007 Member Posts: 333
    @PigBenis so you're not trying to be an asshole so that means it must just come naturally for you?
    Is that what you're saying?
    Eh Family Recruiter Contact me at [email protected] to join!
    WeekOneKillersZBWilsAndrius
    BOOM! Right on @tinytuna007
    tinytuna007Deathwish19
    Thank you @WeekOne
    WeekOne
    edited August 2018
    A committee of her close friends and nobody else. What she did had literally NO IMPACT on me and 95% of the other NML players based on her admitted description above. I can use Termintates' videos, or Dlich's calculations, etc. but I cannot and have not benefitted from a closed event that is only open to top players in top guilds and excludes 95% or more of the community. I'm sort of baffled at your lack of logic here.

Like I said...I'm going to start a hall of fame in my guild that is to include 20 members of my guild and only my guild members can vote. The only rule is you can't vote for yourself....and GO!
    Black Labs Matter.
    capibaraCronusbigbeanoTrae

@PigBenis so you're not trying to be an asshole so that means it must just come naturally for you?

Is that what you're saying?

I find it ironic how your claim to fame is being a "social butterfly", yet you have 275 posts on here and have had the account for over 2 years. I'm active in my clan chat. I guess that makes me capable of being the POTUS!
    Black Labs Matter.
    @PigBenis I have no idea why I was nominated. I didn't get any description any more than anyone else did. I can only tell you from my point of view what my strong suit is or what I think. Again all of this is very subjective. Again instead of trying to find the faults Maybe see the potential and try to help make it better. I see you're a glass-half-empty kind of guy
    KyrusDeathwish19
    Actually, I'm a "glass is twice as big as it needs to be" guy given my background in engineering and I see that there's a lot of excess waste on the list. How's that for being an asshole?
    Black Labs Matter.
    ShadowaceAz
    @PigBenis and you think the Forum is the only form social communication. You really need to start changing with the times.
    WeekOneanthony172
    PigBenis said:

A committee of her close friends and nobody else. What she did had literally NO IMPACT on me and 95% of the other NML players based on her admitted description above. I can use Termintates' videos, or Dlich's calculations, etc. but I cannot and have not benefitted from a closed event that is only open to top players in top guilds and excludes 95% or more of the community. I'm sort of baffled at your lack of logic here.

Like I said...I'm going to start a hall of fame in my guild that is to include 20 members of my guild and only my guild members can vote. The only rule is you can't vote for yourself....and GO!

The parameters were very clear from the start. It was open, not a closed group. I'm not being paid to do this. It's from pure passion for the game. I've explained everything on several forums posts. Go back and read carefully please if you truly are interested. I needed parameters to start and something that I could do. Using the leaderboards seemed a good idea. For many reasons I've already explained.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    tinytuna007
    PigBenis said:

Just because you are narrow with the people you interact with, it doesn’t mean everyone else does.

You are being a complete ass hole [let’s see if the profanity sensor works today] to someone who was nominated by a committee who felt she deserved this which is unwarranted.

Can you please stop?

This is a positive event and you are being a jerk. Sorry, not sorry... just had to say it!
    tinytuna007
    @PigBenis good luck on your hall of fame with your family. You definitely get my vote for the asshole award
    WeekOneccmanthony172NerfZone187
    PigBenis said:

Many of these players were first met by me during this event. I managed to get in contact with them with a lot of help from other players.

Wish I could bring all in here to share the experience.

Anyway, I'm very fustrated with the outcome of this here on the forums. I'm being questioned, my work disrespected, players that got legitimately voted by other players are being treated like disposable.

I think some people gotta question themselves more. Praising is good, devalueing is not. On my way of seing life, at least.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    tinytuna007PicIvo
  • SebiSebi Posts: 146
    This is such a funny list... From my perspective... As I am just a newbie to the game I really can't see why somebody will want some players like Zain, Sekushi, Slayer, Slick Rick, STS, TDiddy on the hall of fame... Carry on...
    TroublemakerNCDawgFandonald6283Neftis
  • Kick_assKick_ass Member Posts: 513
    Congratulations to all of you.
    Maverick’s Core Leader and / OG Co-Leader
    Other Leaders | Pic |
    Tux77 |
    KeepGen |

Stolen from Dlich
    Troublemakertinytuna007WeekOne
    #love <3

anthony172