Governor's Trait Change Needed After Update

@Kaz I first wanted to say awesome changes on the update and thanks for all of the work that you did to make those happen...much appreciated!

And since I'm on the subject of the update, I wanted to bring attention to the Governor's Trait. With the implementation of max level gear for players with a maxed camp, a portion of the Governor's trait no longer "works" for us that are maxed. If we are guaranteed to find max level weapons when going Equipment Scavenge missions, how can his trait be used to increase the chance of finding max level gear even further?

What I'm suggesting is one of the following to replace it:

1. Change this to become "chance of finding epic or legendary gear in post mission crates is increased by X%.

OR

2. Change this to become "chance of finding silver and gold crates after a mission are increased by X%.

What do you guys all think? Is his trait fine as it stands or should it be changed to one of my suggestions or possibly one that you have in mind?
Black Labs Matter.
bladgiermsapaevMudMoccasinpsychwolfShadowaceAzATLAS-Zmack22bigbeanoDLichMattOfEarthRedOrcaBill_ZRTStHallZetteJimiFaithflyingcowkingGovernor233

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,987
    Yeah, good point. Haven't thought of that
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    @Shteevie Thanks for your quick response! I appreciate the feedback and it's good to know that it was looked at even though it's a real bummer to hear that it isn't planned to be changed. I think I realize why.

What if, however, you guys did something instead, like a small increase (1% for each star he has) of finding radios in post mission crates? So a 7 star Governor opening a gold crate has a 7% from trait + 3% base from gold crate of finding 4 radios! Would that be too good? Governor tokens are rare as it is and opening 10 gold crates to get 4 radios on average doesn't seem too overpowered for his trait.
    Black Labs Matter.
    JimiFaith
    OR

What if his trait somehow had an impact IN MISSION? For example, on missions where players choose from 9 or whatever crates and need to find the 3 correct ones to open before getting to the exit, what if he has an increased chance of opening the correct one and as a leader this applies to all survivors, maxing out at 100% for a 10 star Governor. Would lead to some new strategies! It would be awesome if on a "10 turn gate" for example he had a % chance of lessening the turn count by an additional 1 turn if he is the one opening the gate and as a leader this applies to all teammates. Maybe 10% for each star?
    Black Labs Matter.
    MattOfEarthJimiFaith
  • NommaeNommae Member Posts: 32
    I always thought Governor's trait meant items got increased rarity as opposed to increased level, was I wrong about this?
    > @Nommae said:
    > I always thought Governor's trait meant items got increased rarity as opposed to increased level, was I wrong about this?

Old me: Yes, you are wrong.

New, and more positive me: His trait is awesome in that it increases the level of a piece of equipment!
    Black Labs Matter.
    psychwolf
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,656
    The governor is still the number one farmer while boosted. He's still relevant.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    DLichMattOfEarthbladgierJimiFaith
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,786
    I've always thought his leader trait should have a chance to increase everything. So if you found a phone in a normal crate that would be increased to 2 phones found 5 gold increased to 7. Epic component increased to leg. But hey ho! Don't want to break the economy! He is still awesome for farming supplies though.
    MattOfEarthJimiFaith
    @DLich I believe it can be improved even more without breaking the game. Don't let your voice be silenced. You gotta fight...for your right...to paaaarrtaay!
    Black Labs Matter.
    JimiFaith
    edited August 2018
    @Firekid radio thing never gonna happen, but the gold thing... I think that's pretty reasonable? I wonder what @Shteevie thinks about that.

Either way, I think everyone will keep using Gov to farm so not much incentive there for NGs to change it.

Other than having us think they are cool for a day haha.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    MattOfEarthromeo
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,240
    Like I said before, it would be ideal for his trait to be able to increase the amount of trade goods while raiding outposts. Make it happen!
    mack22JadenromeoJimiFaith
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    ATLAS-Z said:

Either way, I think everyone will keep using Gov to farm so not much incentive there for NGs to change it.

What I read was;
    Everyone needs to reach out across the isles, across the social media, across the media platforms.
    We make one voice, one people one goal.
    We boycott the use of Governor for 2 months.
    We complain Governor is useless.
    We get a boosted Governor!!
    Whoohooo Champlain pops across the globe.

Yeah, he said it much more succinctly
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    This is where Governer can kind of suck ...

Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    romeoJimiFaithScowley

What if using the Governor gave you a chance of finding level 25 gear (if you are maxed)? Sure, we can't use it NOW, but maxed players are looking toward the next council upgrade. It would be nice to have some gear already stored away when it (inevitably) comes.

The only "issue" I see with that, which may not be an issue at all really, is that scrapping the Level 25 gear would give players more XP to use right now. I agree, that it would be nice if your suggestion worked that way, but for the reason I stated, and maybe others that I'm not thinking of, NG likely won't implement this.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,017
    PigBenis said:

What if using the Governor gave you a chance of finding level 25 gear (if you are maxed)? Sure, we can't use it NOW, but maxed players are looking toward the next council upgrade. It would be nice to have some gear already stored away when it (inevitably) comes.

The only "issue" I see with that, which may not be an issue at all really, is that scrapping the Level 25 gear would give players more XP to use right now. I agree, that it would be nice if your suggestion worked that way, but for the reason I stated, and maybe others that I'm not thinking of, NG likely won't implement this.
    I don't think they care if we scrap it. They won't implement it because they want us to spend $$$ on new gear when the council update comes, not to be already prepared with some of the gear we need.
    PigBenisShadowaceAz
    edited August 2018
    OMG I've got it!

The Governor's trait decreases the chance of finding armor with the Training Gear trait by 25%.

@Kaz please?

Haha
    I_Am_PsychoJaden
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @ATLAS-Z you intentionally forgot Bullet Dodge?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

ATLAS-ZJaden
    Yeah man, can't be too greedy lol